R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #2611
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
I know, check the smiley...




Went back to LiFe?
Don't you mean NiMh?...
Nope, LiFe. I never had a NiMh in the 733.
Started with the 1300 mh Life and then tried to shave some weight with a 1500 Lipo and the regulator.

I run the same setup in my son's 966, but he has enough room to mount that regulator under the low profile throttle servo. there it has enough cooling to work fine.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #2612
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
As I said in my original post. I do not have a charger that charges LIFE batteries.


Past you soon...
I didn't either, but I got the IMAX B6 which handles about any kinda battery.

It might not be the right charger for electric raing, but for our TX, RX, glow ignitor and starter boxes it's perfect.

Cost me 35 incl. s/h from China.

Charge you soon....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #2613
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Nope, LiFe. I never had a NiMh in the 733.
Started with the 1300 mh Life and then tried to shave some weight with a 1500 Lipo and the regulator.

I run the same setup in my son's 966, but he has enough room to mount that regulator under the low profile throttle servo. there it has enough cooling to work fine.
Ok, clear. Just wanted to be sure, but I know you know your stuff, but still was wondering... my bad..

I have an IP 72 grams 1450mAh LiFe Rx battery in my 966, car weights with empty fuel tank and worn tyres (how you finish a race) 2510 grams.... which I believe is quite perfect (2500 is in our regulations)


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I didn't either, but I got the IMAX B6 which handles about any kinda battery.

It might not be the right charger for electric raing, but for our TX, RX, glow ignitor and starter boxes it's perfect.

Cost me 35 incl. s/h from China.

Charge you soon....


I have the Turnigy accucell, costs $25,- nowadays I believe, and do use it also for indoor M18 racing...

I see this charger also being used for 1/10 and 1/12, so it is good enough, also for racing.....
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #2614
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I didn't either, but I got the IMAX B6 which handles about any kinda battery.

It might not be the right charger for electric raing, but for our TX, RX, glow ignitor and starter boxes it's perfect.

Cost me 35 incl. s/h from China.

Charge you soon....
Next season I will get the proper charger. but for now I got a park zone 800mah @ 50 grams with a Protek regulator. I mounted mine above battery tray but below the top deck.


Pass you soon...Race you later....
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #2615
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Ok, clear. Just wanted to be sure, but I know you know your stuff, but still was wondering... my bad..

I have an IP 72 grams 1450mAh LiFe Rx battery in my 966, car weights with empty fuel tank and worn tyres (how you finish a race) 2510 grams.... which I believe is quite perfect (2500 is in our regulations)..
That's interesting. I tried the LiFe in the 966 as well, but it was a tad too high.
I had to raise the tank a bit and then the throttle linkage would rub the tank.

You wouldn't know how high that IP LiFe is?

Cheers.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #2616
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
That's interesting. I tried the LiFe in the 966 as well, but it was a tad too high.
I had to raise the tank a bit and then the throttle linkage would rub the tank.

You wouldn't know how high that IP LiFe is?

Cheers.
The IP (Intellect) LiFe is about 2mm thinner then a 1600 Intellect NiMh...
I can lower the tank by 2mm if I need to....

This is the one I've ordered:
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=18240


I've gleud it on the closed carbon battery plate, so no tape needed....
Will make a picture tonight, when I am home....
I will post it in the 966 thread then.

BTW, to bad it isn't Holland - Germany in the final....
__________________
Serpent

Last edited by M7H; 07-08-2010 at 03:57 PM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #2617
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
part number for the long orange and pink springs? anyone
This one?
http://www.kamikazercracing.com/prod...prod=SER160304
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #2618
Tech Fanatic
 
Team-RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: sydney
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
i Believe he means the 27mm orange and pink springs.. the part no. for the pink springs is 160324.. i have been looking for the 27mm organge spring part no. aswell but not having much success.. the red spring is the softest 27mm spring i can find on the serpent website?

EDIT: i applied a bit of logic into a google search.. orange 27mm spring part no. is 160322.. dont believe i didnt work that one out earlier! *doh*
__________________
SERPENT | NOVAROSSI | XRAY | TEKIN | FUTABA
Team-RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #2619
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
part number for the long orange and pink springs? anyone
long pink is - 160324
long orange - 160322 these are the L27 springs (long)

160304 are the L23 (short spings)
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #2620
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team-RTR View Post
i Believe he means the 27mm orange and pink springs.. the part no. for the pink springs is 160324.. i have been looking for the 27mm organge spring part no. aswell but not having much success.. the red spring is the softest 27mm spring i can find on the serpent website?

EDIT: i applied a bit of logic into a google search.. orange 27mm spring part no. is 160322.. dont believe i didnt work that one out earlier! *doh*
start from 160320 ! and work up
160320 - White 2.3/13
160321 - Yellow 2.8/16
160322 - orange 3.4/19.5 then the rest you can find ont he serpent site under optionals for the 966
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #2621
Tech Elite
 
Ultraspeed84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,072
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

awsome thanks guys!
__________________
yokomo yz-2
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #2622
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
You wouldn't know how high that IP LiFe is?

Cheers.

Stefan, here you go!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/7645035-post1121.html
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #2623
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
That's interesting. I tried the LiFe in the 966 as well, but it was a tad too high.
I had to raise the tank a bit and then the throttle linkage would rub the tank.

You wouldn't know how high that IP LiFe is?

Cheers.
see 966 thread...
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #2624
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
Lightbulb Lateral play on gearbox shaft

Hi,

I am new to this thread. I recently changed the 54T 2 speed gear (part 803222) and the one way bearing (part 902411) on my 733 and now I notice that the gearbox has some lateral play on the gearbox shaft (about 1mm I think). Looks like the replacement 54T is somehow a fraction narrower then the original one. The shim (part 9638) normally removes the play but now it doesn't remove all of it. What should I do?

Thanks for any advice,
Frank.
FrankP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #2625
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankP View Post
Hi,

I am new to this thread. I recently changed the 54T 2 speed gear (part 803222) and the one way bearing (part 902411) on my 733 and now I notice that the gearbox has some lateral play on the gearbox shaft (about 1mm I think). Looks like the replacement 54T is somehow a fraction narrower then the original one. The shim (part 9638) normally removes the play but now it doesn't remove all of it. What should I do?

Thanks for any advice,
Frank.
i got some Kyosho shim sets specially for setting up the play in both the 733 and 966. what id like to see, is the older setup of the 720 2 speed side pulley to be adjustable with a set screw. so the play can be set really easily and with personal preference.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net