R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #2461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_RC_el View Post
Patto, you were right, the crank is turning with the nut! whis means the flywheel is loose, not the nut. Blocking the piston usin a tierap did the job. Thanks guys, i messed this one up
good to find the problem. just need to shorten the front of the cone, so the nut tightens on the flywheel now.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #2462
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Hi Guys,

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my car (2 club days old), and must say everything looks great. Spur gears, pulleys, belts, plastics, etc all look good with typical minor wear.

Only issue I see is the pins on the rear dog bones have been pushed to one side. I have managed to push it back into place evenly with some pliers, so hopefully this should hold out. Is this a common issue? I see that there are two different types of dogbones you can buy for the 733, thoughts??

Otherwise, everything else looks awesome.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #2463
Tech Elite

Pablo or DJ,

What clutch setup do you guys run?

I am running red shoe, 1.2mm spring, 0.7 shoe, 0.2 endplay, but reading back a few pages, people seem to be running quiet different setups...

Maybe Serpent can include this section on the setup sheets (like other manufacturers do).

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #2464
Tech Elite

I usually use .7 gap, yellow shoe, tighten spring till it feels good on the ground. I think it would be about 1.2-1.5 and little end play. Serpent 1.8 spring.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #2465
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I usually use .7 gap, yellow shoe, tighten spring till it feels good on the ground. I think it would be about 1.2-1.5 and little end play. Serpent 1.8 spring.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ. Why the yellow clutch shoe? Is this suited for high traction or lower traction surfaces?

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #2466
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, need a bit of help with bleeding my shocks and getting equal rebound.

I am basically following Salvens redrc method of setting rebound (put shock shaft in almost all they way with 2mm spacer etc.) but everytime end up with uneven rebound, and when i loosen the end to remove some oil to even it up the shock sucks in air leaving bubbles in the oil.

What am i doing wrong? have never had so much trouble with setting rebound on a set of bloody shocks.. definitely not TRF shocks.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #2467
Tech Elite

Make sure that the plastic end cup is tightened the same amount as one another. If you have this different you will never get that method to work. You can tell by looking at the threads and seeing how far off you are, but I would use a measuring devise. Calipers!

DJ
Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #2468
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Thanks DJ. Why the yellow clutch shoe? Is this suited for high traction or lower traction surfaces?
I like the yellow shoe all around. It has a wider sweet spot. I will say that I have used the blue shoe and it was really good also. Lap times were the same with the blue shoe and yellow shoe.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #2469
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Make sure that the plastic end cup is tightened the same amount as one another. If you have this different you will never get that method to work. You can tell by looking at the threads and seeing how far off you are, but I would use a measuring devise. Calipers!

DJ
yeah i noticed that a little while ago that will affect rebound.. what is the trick to stopping the shock from sucking in air when you rebleed it if the rebound is still uneven?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #2470
Tech Elite

I find that if I hold the piston down and then just crack the seal and let just a little bleed out that it is OK. Trial and error is the only true way.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #2471
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I find that if I hold the piston down and then just crack the seal and let just a little bleed out that it is OK. Trial and error is the only true way.

DJ Apolaro
followed a few suggestions and getting there, but im also about to run out of shock oil.

i have 2 shocks down to 5 and 6mm of rebound, i take it 1mm is too large a difference to settle with for one end of the car?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #2472
Tech Elite

Don't sweet it! Try it like that....

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-04-2010, 06:22 AM   #2473
Tech Adept

hey guys im having a small problem with my 2 speed. sometimes its fine and shifts perfectly but it also sometimes when i go onto the first turn comng of the striaght it get stuck in 2nd gear and is very slow. it also happens on some of the slow turns on the track. when it get stuck in gear i have to really slow down to get it back into 1st gear. sometimes on the same part of the track it gets stuck in 2nd gear its fine and shifts perfectly. on the striaght the shift is perfect and doesnt shift to early or to late. couls some plz help me with this proplem , thanks
ugglasdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #2474
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugglasdav View Post
hey guys im having a small problem with my 2 speed. sometimes its fine and shifts perfectly but it also sometimes when i go onto the first turn comng of the striaght it get stuck in 2nd gear and is very slow. it also happens on some of the slow turns on the track. when it get stuck in gear i have to really slow down to get it back into 1st gear. sometimes on the same part of the track it gets stuck in 2nd gear its fine and shifts perfectly. on the striaght the shift is perfect and doesnt shift to early or to late. couls some plz help me with this proplem , thanks
whats comes into my mind is the tune of your engine. Maybe after the straight,
the motor has cleared out and comes to second too early, while in other parts
of the track motor is slightly rich and shifts normally. Or, is the car shifting right
when engine is not yet in right temperature and then second comes too early?

if you are sure about your engine tune, try tighten a bit the 2-speed shoe.
gfilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #2475
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugglasdav View Post
Would you say it shifts very early or that is never shifts back from 2nd when this happens?
If it sometimes shfts really early it can be caused by setup. If you run a front diff (or soft diff oils) you may get enough wheelspin to make the car shift early out of hairpins.
If it gets stuck sometimes you might want to check wear on the shoes. If the gap gets too large the shift can get inconsistent.