R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #2326
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
We both tried many things and I ended up with the set-up I posted on the set-up sheet. That set-up is what I set the new track record with.

DJ Apolaro
Ok, thanks...
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #2327
ast
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Nope, still too many issues with the 733 from what I see and hear.
Leaking tank, leaking diff's, breaking diff's, badly designed front bumper which breaks way too easily.

If Serpent fixes these things, especially the fueltank the NT1 tank is extremely good, then I will consider going back to Serpent because I really like the overall design and look of the car.
i went from nt1 to 733 and have never looked back , i have never had a any problem with the tank etc except breaking 4 bumpers and 2 pillow balls , but now i have titanium ball so its perfect , just gotta find somewhere to buy the 220mm front bumper and all will be perfect then
__________________
Serpent 733 , Sirio XXXV , Savox , Spektrum , Li-Fe
ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #2328
ast
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Great, thank you so much.
Now I can start measuring and start tinkering.

B and C are pretty much the same on the NT1 wishbone.
Only A is 53 so that's going to be quite a challenge to get it to fit into the stock bulkheads, without messing up Caster and wheelbase.
But I will order a set of 733 wishbones and a set of NT1 bulkheads and make it work.
you can easy cut 4mm off side A measurment bringing it down to 57mm maybe even 55mm
__________________
Serpent 733 , Sirio XXXV , Savox , Spektrum , Li-Fe
ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #2329
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast View Post
i went from nt1 to 733 and have never looked back , i have never had a any problem with the tank etc except breaking 4 bumpers and 2 pillow balls , but now i have titanium ball so its perfect , just gotta find somewhere to buy the 220mm front bumper and all will be perfect then
use wider bumper foam and dont use the screw that joins the top plate to the bottom . Never broke the plates after doing that . though i have broken many top front arms till i used the hard plastic arms . tank did leak and its pretty annoying when u put a brand new tank and it does that.
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #2330
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

where do i start

well it started like this > few days before the race i was given the kit ( on loan u could say) , the guy just bought it used and know nothing about nitro, he wanted me to drive the car for the race. ( so im sort of semi sponsored)

i look at the kit and i think too myself if i were gonna race it, i at least need to shape it up to race conditions. most parts were still in "good" shape, so i only dissamble and refill the shocks, refill the gear diff, and clean all the bearings .
, gear diffs( the condition was quite bad , the previous owner might have over tighten the screws and damaged the gear diff. even the o ring gasket to prevent from leaking was not install). and we did not have any spare) desperate time need desperate measures. after filling up the diff oils ( 80k front, 30k rear) i took out my kyosho o ring,cut it off , put it oround the diff with a bit of glue and closed the diff. even the screw hole was out of shape. so just add in more glue.

then setup the car track width, droop etc...setup the centax and gear ratio tha i assume would be suitable. clutch shoe and spring a bit worn out but had to stick to them coz he didn't have replacement.

...on race day i just ran and enjoyed the day. lady luck was all the way with us, we won the 30min b main final. i only took the lead 2 minutes before the race ended, its bloody exciting and breath taking moment too...

i was most amaze about the gear diff , although it was not proper installation technic, but no leakage all day...

peace./.
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #2331
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 723
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
where do i start

well it started like this > few days before the race i was given the kit ( on loan u could say) , the guy just bought it used and know nothing about nitro, he wanted me to drive the car for the race. ( so im sort of semi sponsored)

i look at the kit and i think too myself if i were gonna race it, i at least need to shape it up to race conditions. most parts were still in "good" shape, so i only dissamble and refill the shocks, refill the gear diff, and clean all the bearings .
, gear diffs( the condition was quite bad , the previous owner might have over tighten the screws and damaged the gear diff. even the o ring gasket to prevent from leaking was not install). and we did not have any spare) desperate time need desperate measures. after filling up the diff oils ( 80k front, 30k rear) i took out my kyosho o ring,cut it off , put it oround the diff with a bit of glue and closed the diff. even the screw hole was out of shape. so just add in more glue.

then setup the car track width, droop etc...setup the centax and gear ratio tha i assume would be suitable. clutch shoe and spring a bit worn out but had to stick to them coz he didn't have replacement.

...on race day i just ran and enjoyed the day. lady luck was all the way with us, we won the 30min b main final. i only took the lead 2 minutes before the race ended, its bloody exciting and breath taking moment too...

i was most amaze about the gear diff , although it was not proper installation technic, but no leakage all day...

peace./.

time to go with the snake bro...
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #2332
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

A good car is only as good as its support.

I would not have enjoyed any successes with the 733 if it weren't for the support I received from Kamikaze.

The 733 put me in the A-main and Kamikaze was there all the way.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #2333
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsbluff, NE
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I think support is the key to any car. I have yet to meet a distributor/dealer/team driver that would not help or answer a question when asked. The key is ASKING for help!!

Scott
__________________
1968 Camaro: 1:1, 5.3L LM7, Complete Restoration in Progress
SC10 Brushless
RC10B64 Club Racer
sdphilips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #2334
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Tank isn't a issue that was on the first production of cars which were replaced by Serpent. Diff leaking can be resolved by shortening the the screws. The car had plastic issues but seem to be resloved. Remember all these cars have their own issues. And have been on the market longer than our 733 it makes a year in august. Very responsive to adjustments and easy to drive. And very easy to work on. And has the best clutch around out the box
At first the tank was cracking but they fixed it, however all of the 733 drivers at my track (Serpent's testtrack actually) have a leaking tank. Some of them have reverted back to the foam seal instead of the O-ring.
I really dislike the diff design, it uses self-tapping screws which shouldn't be used on anything but wood. Also philips heads are a no go for me.

I used the clutch on my NT1, the small xray clutch wasn't around yet and I got a chance to try the WC clutch, but I didn't like it. It is not consistent enough when you use high power engines, the same thing goes for the small xray clutch btw.
I have to agree the car is very easy to work on, I will be building one for a friend pretty soon so I can comment a bit more about the car.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #2335
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast View Post
you can easy cut 4mm off side A measurment bringing it down to 57mm maybe even 55mm
Yes, judging by the pictures this can be done without sacrificing strength too much. I think I can cut about 4mm off the bulkheads as well but I have to test fit parts to see if I can retain the same wheelbase and caster adjustment.
Also I would like to use the droopstops which are on the wishbones, but this is going to very difficult I think.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #2336
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
At first the tank was cracking but they fixed it, however all of the 733 drivers at my track (Serpent's testtrack actually) have a leaking tank. Some of them have reverted back to the foam seal instead of the O-ring.
I really dislike the diff design, it uses self-tapping screws which shouldn't be used on anything but wood. Also philips heads are a no go for me.

I used the clutch on my NT1, the small xray clutch wasn't around yet and I got a chance to try the WC clutch, but I didn't like it. It is not consistent enough when you use high power engines, the same thing goes for the small xray clutch btw.
I have to agree the car is very easy to work on, I will be building one for a friend pretty soon so I can comment a bit more about the car.
The diffs are not bad, when tweaked a little bit. On all 4 of my diffs, the four plastic tubes that receive the self tapping screw were actuall a bit too long, so the diff half didn't go together all the way. I shortened them a tad and now my diffs aren't leaking anymore.

The tank does leak a bit though......

Btw,has anybody tried to fit the Capricorn plastic diff gears into the 733 diffs?

DS, you seems to know both cars, do think they'd fit?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #2337
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
The diffs are not bad, when tweaked a little bit. On all 4 of my diffs, the four plastic tubes that receive the self tapping screw were actuall a bit too long, so the diff half didn't go together all the way. I shortened them a tad and now my diffs aren't leaking anymore.

The tank does leak a bit though......

Btw,has anybody tried to fit the Capricorn plastic diff gears into the 733 diffs?

DS, you seems to know both cars, do think they'd fit?
We will have a composite diff kit available as soon as end of next week. Will be under XCEED label!
__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #2338
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

I had my 733, since two month after announcement last year, been using the original Diff, what I did is used shorter screws, I have not change the oil in does diff since I build my 733, they are not leaking, and I almost dismount the car every time I race, check the diff for leak to see if I have to change with the new ones I bought, and they are dry, so I put them back to the car.
I did had to change the tank, have no problem since I change it for the new one (revise).
I had some accident during races, not big ones but good ones, without any mayor issue.
What I can say is that I am in love with this car, very easy to work and drive, I have improve my driving and position, I am always in the four first qualifiers since I had my 733.

RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #2339
Tech Apprentice
 
speedoutlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 87
Default 733

gentlemen i got to drive drive my 733 for the first time at the texas biggie and let me tell you i did not run into diff problems at all and checked twice over the weekend and did not leak same screws and diffs as all kits come with. did have a tank problem but nothing that could not be quickly fixed and used all the original plastics not the m or h parts all stock. did break somethings but was not the faulty of part it was me all the way. engine problems from the start and after got corrected came in on race day and let me tell you what an awesome car was fast and sleek, easy to work on and set-up was good. i did change the brake disc on the rear and mostly worked on shock dampning and after got it set away we went. the clutch was consistent from start to finish according to the way we set it not equipment failure . when we set it correctly man o man what punch. all in all i was so excited to drive and although we broke a belt at the 30 minute mark we still 2 wheeled it home to a 45 minute race and had a great finish.

who wants milk got snake????????????
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________
Sponsors;* TEAM SERPENT AMERICA* *733 *---*o.s.engines - * FUTABA RADIOS*--*TWISTER TIRES*---*MAXY'S PRO RACING FUELS*-- ---*TEAM SPIDER*--
speedoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #2340
Tech Regular
 
Rock Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Texas Biggie

Im glad your car came together by the main, It was looking alot better.....Advise... use a little team associated diff lube on your oneway! I wish i did. oh well, Serpent 733 was definatly the fastest cars out there.


P.S. Diffs are solid from the get go!
Rock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net