R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #1606
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent fan View Post
Hi,

I have been looking for the Novarossi 353 and Plus 12 3SCT in the UK, but have not been able to find any shop that sells them.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy these engines in the UK?

Serpent fan
My local shop here in the U.S. has them both. I find it strange that it would be difficult to find these in the U.K. since you're so close from the original source of these motors.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #1607
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hi,

I have been looking for the Novarossi 353 and Plus 12 3SCT in the UK, but have not been able to find any shop that sells them.

Serpent fan
From Nova Rossi's website:

F.D.L. Racing
Tel: +33 (0)950 62 78 63
Fax: +33 (0)164 11 30 02
E-mail: [email protected]
GLOWHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #1608
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi,

Serpent fan
give bally at MB Models a call, he gets our novarossi motors for us, he'll give you the best price he can too!
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #1609
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Hello all,

I am a major Serpent follower and have been since the Impulse and VETEQ. I would really love to own a 733 but have heard that there are some major issues that people have been complaining about, namely with the rear of this car and durability. Can anyone, with complete honesty, please provide some details and complaints (aside from not being available at their LHS) about the kit after running it or after any light hits? How about setup?

Thank you.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #1610
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Hello all,

I am a major Serpent follower and have been since the Impulse and VETEQ. I would really love to own a 733 but have heard that there are some major issues that people have been complaining about, namely with the rear of this car and durability. Can anyone, with complete honesty, please provide some details and complaints (aside from not being available at their LHS) about the kit after running it or after any light hits? How about setup?

Thank you.

Why would you want to know about setup if you don't own the car
or are you asking if the car is easy to setup? In either case not to should facetious but the setups that are posted in this forum by DJ as well as the ones on www.serpent.com work quite well. Trust me when I say this the car out of box is ALL you need except for maybe different differential oils. It has a LARGE sweet spot. Easy to work on and IMO very durable. Initially I have a problem breaking arms but again I am not the best race. The fix was to use the WIDE bumper.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #1611
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
The fix was to use the WIDE bumper.

Other than that, the car is about as durable as any other car out there. If a fix is needed, it can be done very quickly more so than other cars I've had in the past.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 12-15-2009 at 09:48 PM.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #1612
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got any pics of the bumper and arms installed?

Last edited by G87z; 12-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #1613
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Hello all,

Thank you.
The only complaint I have about the 733 is the defective parts that came with the first batch of kits and this issue was resolved very fast . So far the car has been very durable. I've had a few mishaps and so far the only part I had to replace was a stripped gear (which might have been my fault in the first place anyway) I actually took a pretty hard hit at the end of the straight that disconected the header and pipe from the engine, all I had to do was replace the gasket and put it back in place, nothing broke!.
IMO The car is just as durable as any other car out there, I mean if you hit something at 30mph of course something is going to brake.
What I like the most about my 733 compared to my NT1's is the LARGER sweet spot. I need to have the NT1 right on set up to get the best performance and the 733 is more forgiving if the set up is not 100%. I love how easy it is to work on it too. It takes literaly 10-15 mins to rebuild diffs. Thrust me I've done the front like 5 times and never had a leak like others had. The 733 is also cheaper to maintain over the Xray for exaple you have to replace O rings on the diffs every time you do a rebuild. Out of the box with an LRP engine and DJ's set up the car was just as fast as my 720 that I had for 2 years. Now with the Max Power engine it's just SICK!!!

I think you should find out for yourself... you won't regret it!
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 AM   #1614
Tech Fanatic

Design wise 733 is good. Car is easy to drive and react setup change very well. However...

- Ballcup is too soft, I replacing all of them with Xray
- 1st-speed 1way bearing, replacing it with 710/720 old parts before you do any serious racing. If it locks during racing, strip 1st-speed gear right away and cost you trophy
- Plastic parts is bit fragile, better not to crash/ram
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #1615
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso View Post
Design wise 733 is good. Car is easy to drive and react setup change very well. However...

- Ballcup is too soft, I replacing all of them with Xray
- 1st-speed 1way bearing, replacing it with 710/720 old parts before you do any serious racing. If it locks during racing, strip 1st-speed gear right away and cost you trophy
- Plastic parts is bit fragile, better not to crash/ram
one way bearing, i use Ceramic ball diff grease. works a treat. over 4 hours of racing, same pinions and spurs. change the belts to orange ones, and the car is fine.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #1616
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Plastic parts is bit fragile, better not to crash/ram
Yep you are not wrong but i heard that some spare parts are now made in Taiwan as initial from China, should be ok soon.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 AM   #1617
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
one way bearing, i use Ceramic ball diff grease. works a treat. over 4 hours of racing, same pinions and spurs. change the belts to orange ones, and the car is fine.
If you are using ball diff grease on 1way bearing, something is wrong since such good lube should causing 1way bearing slipping.

I'm now using customed made housing with NSK 1way bearing inside. Other friend using original 710/720 housing which made in EU long time ago.

Also, maybe it's just me, but for me Xray damper work better than Serpent damper...
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #1618
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
If you are using ball diff grease on 1way bearing, something is wrong since such good lube should causing 1way bearing slipping.

I'm now using customed made housing with NSK 1way bearing inside. Other friend using original 710/720 housing which made in EU long time ago.

Also, maybe it's just me, but for me Xray damper work better than Serpent damper...
Regarding the 1st gear housing, there are actually 2 types of one way bearing. One has a tight fit and the other has a loose fit. The tight one needs grease, because the oil is not enough when overheats locks. We use silicon based grease. This type of bearings is the ones that come on the kit and also the bearings used in the silver flange housing. We have optional one way bearings, orange flange housing. This one is loose fit and need oil to work. We use one way lube and we have no problem at all.

Regarding the plastic, the above information is correct. The plastic included now in the kits and all the spares available is already a better quality than the one in the first batch. There is also a softer arm in the works. This is a lot more durable and crash friendly. Myself and other Serpent works drivers, have being testing different types of plastic arms for a couple of months in order to find the best compromise in performance and resistance. They should be ready and available very soon.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #1619
Tech Adept

Another excellent result for the S-733 in the super competitive Florida Series. Driven by Chris Lefebvre, the S-733 dominate the event.

Congrats! Check the race report by Chris

http://www.serpent.com/news/12884/Ch...-with-733.html

www.serpentamerica.com
e-mail: [email protected]
telf: 1-305-677-3253
serpentamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #1620
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
Regarding the 1st gear housing, there are actually 2 types of one way bearing. One has a tight fit and the other has a loose fit. The tight one needs grease, because the oil is not enough when overheats locks. We use silicon based grease. This type of bearings is the ones that come on the kit and also the bearings used in the silver flange housing. We have optional one way bearings, orange flange housing. This one is loose fit and need oil to work. We use one way lube and we have no problem at all.

Regarding the plastic, the above information is correct. The plastic included now in the kits and all the spares available is already a better quality than the one in the first batch. There is also a softer arm in the works. This is a lot more durable and crash friendly. Myself and other Serpent works drivers, have being testing different types of plastic arms for a couple of months in order to find the best compromise in performance and resistance. They should be ready and available very soon.
what grease are you using on the stock one-way?