R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #1501
Tech Apprentice
 
Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bruckner, New York
Posts: 99
Default

PICCO rods does not last, you will be lucky to get a gallon out of it. RB Junior 9 is Taiwan made and not worth the money, GO Nova Rossi !
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #1502
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Roger (YR4Dude),
The engine you are referring to have been discontinued.


Here is the better deal : http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...d=NovarossiLL3
Or this if you can afford it: http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...prod=NOV123SCT
I was hoping to stretch my Picco out (another two gallons + rod) until I can afford this:
http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...353RACE12TUNED
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #1503
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
PICCO rods does not last, you will be lucky to get a gallon out of it. RB Junior 9 is Taiwan made and not worth the money, GO Nova Rossi !

Wow, you know that already, after 6-7 weeks of on-road experience?....



http://www.rctech.net/forum/6401684-post51.html
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #1504
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I was hoping to stretch my Picco out (another two gallons + rod) until I can afford this:
http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.co...353RACE12TUNED
Or this one: http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...prod=NOV123SCT
very good motor for it's price.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #1505
Tech Apprentice
 
Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bruckner, New York
Posts: 99
Default

Of course because I read a lot and I learn pretty quick, because I am not old like you.
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #1506
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
Of course because I read a lot and I learn pretty quick, because I am not old like you.
Sorry Android but I have one RB J9 and you are wrong.

Its a very good engine for the price.

GHN
ghn-sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #1507
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Wow, you know that already, after 6-7 weeks of on-road experience?....



http://www.rctech.net/forum/6401684-post51.html
What's a newbie with a Kyoslow doing in the 733 thread?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #1508
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

on a different subject guys,...........

steering on the 733. i replaced the std steering turnbuckles with aftermarket titanium ones. they are a little thicker, but not by much. i had them on since i built the car. and i just checked my end points with no shocks on. what is happening, is close to full lock, the turnbuckles are hitting on the alloy bulkheads, causing the arm to push down, and unloads the rear wheel.
i have outer forward ackerman, and this actually makes it worse.
so last night i replaced the turnbuckles to std. left the ackerman as it was. and it still hits the bulkhead. so i changed ackerman to inside outer, just turned the plate around. now it has clearance. so just a thing to check and keep an eye out on. i drove like this for a while, and i couldnt get the rear end to do what i wanted. so maybe this was the reason, as it has some marks on the bulkhead from hitting, and marks on the turnbuckles. with shocks on you dont see this issue, when on full lock , braking, and i rekon a few will be slightly hitting. will also be worse on larger tires, as the suspension has more travel.

funny thing is i went 2 seconds faster in 5 mins than with the 720 08.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #1509
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Wow, you know that already, after 6-7 weeks of on-road experience?....



http://www.rctech.net/forum/6401684-post51.html

redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #1510
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
Of course because I read a lot and I learn pretty quick, because I am not old like you.
Maybe I'm old (compared to you, I don't know)
But for sure I'm faster then you....
No hard feelings Android, but You can not have experience in this, period.
The most you will read on the internet are bad experiences (human nature), but often if you ask some questions, it came down to user errors!....
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #1511
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Maybe I'm old (compared to you, I don't know)
But for sure I'm faster then you....
No hard feelings Android, but You can not have experience in this, period.
The most you will read on the internet are bad experiences (human nature), but often if you ask some questions, it came down to user errors!....
Learning by doing and track time are the best teacher. Reading stuff on the internet is only a theory no pun intended.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:16 AM   #1512
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Would you recommend the O.S 12XZ ABC 12F Slide Engine?
Seems like a descent engine. But, do I need to buy a separate pull start for this?

Also, which exhaust fits the Serpent 733?
Serpent fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #1513
Tech Apprentice
 
Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bruckner, New York
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Maybe I'm old (compared to you, I don't know)
But for sure I'm faster then you....
No hard feelings Android, but You can not have experience in this, period.
The most you will read on the internet are bad experiences (human nature), but often if you ask some questions, it came down to user errors!....
It's okay, as long as I don't read your post.
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #1514
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent fan View Post
Would you recommend the O.S 12XZ ABC 12F Slide Engine?
Seems like a descent engine. But, do I need to buy a separate pull start for this?

Also, which exhaust fits the Serpent 733?
That OS is a race engine. It can not use a pull start. On a car like the 733 no body use pull starts. Everyone uses a starter box to bump start the motor.

As for exhausts, any standard pipe will fit the 733 but what you really want is a pipe that is suitable for the engine you use at making the most HP possible.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #1515
Tech Addict
 
MHarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: FL.
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
on a different subject guys,...........

steering on the 733. i replaced the std steering turnbuckles with aftermarket titanium ones. they are a little thicker, but not by much. i had them on since i built the car. and i just checked my end points with no shocks on. what is happening, is close to full lock, the turnbuckles are hitting on the alloy bulkheads, causing the arm to push down, and unloads the rear wheel.
i have outer forward ackerman, and this actually makes it worse.
so last night i replaced the turnbuckles to std. left the ackerman as it was. and it still hits the bulkhead. so i changed ackerman to inside outer, just turned the plate around. now it has clearance. so just a thing to check and keep an eye out on. i drove like this for a while, and i couldnt get the rear end to do what i wanted. so maybe this was the reason, as it has some marks on the bulkhead from hitting, and marks on the turnbuckles. with shocks on you dont see this issue, when on full lock , braking, and i rekon a few will be slightly hitting. will also be worse on larger tires, as the suspension has more travel.

funny thing is i went 2 seconds faster in 5 mins than with the 720 08.
Funny You metioned this.
I was asked to help check the tweek on a buddies 733. He said the same thing, " The @$$ end doesn't feel good when I turn ". I went to work helping look for something he may have over looked. And that was it. The next round ...The car was Very good.He was Much Much happier.
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net