R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default handling/braking problem

hey every one i have a 1/8 nitro on road i run at lesure hrs raceway in joliet IL the problem i am having is it gets very loose entering a corner now normally i would just adjust the rear suspenson to give me more rear grip but the car is on foam tires and i was always told to run the tires as straight as possible or you will destroy the tires very quickly... the track is asphault and very very smooth

im running foam tires

the suspension on the car is extreamly stiff front and rear

the front diff is a oneway diff so the car has only a rear brake which i have set to a very little drag brake almost not noticeable

the car handles fine in the center of the corner and the exit its only entering the corner im having a problem

the car is a power racing xr-8

does anyone have any suggestions how i can get this car to hook up
entering the corners

thanks,
john
liteumup387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Handling braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteumup387 View Post
hey every one i have a 1/8 nitro on road i run at lesure hrs raceway in joliet IL the problem i am having is it gets very loose entering a corner now normally i would just adjust the rear suspenson to give me more rear grip but the car is on foam tires and i was always told to run the tires as straight as possible or you will destroy the tires very quickly... the track is asphault and very very smooth

im running foam tires

the suspension on the car is extreamly stiff front and rear

the front diff is a oneway diff so the car has only a rear brake which i have set to a very little drag brake almost not noticeable

the car handles fine in the center of the corner and the exit its only entering the corner im having a problem

the car is a power racing xr-8

does anyone have any suggestions how i can get this car to hook up
entering the corners

thanks,
john
I have had two XR8 cars, and when set up right, they handle pretty good.
Front <Mugen white springs,Mugen 600 shock oil, 2 1/2 degrees camber, 1 1/2 toe out each side. Droop 01,ride height 6mm
Rear, Mugen white springs,600 shock oil,3 degrees camber 2 to 3 degrees toe in, droop 9, ride height 8
Tires 67 mm front, rear 74mm
Front caster, arms all the way to the front<caster clips behind the front arms.
Mugen clutch<XR8 clutch is prone to split in two>
Either the Kyosho dome body, or the Central body
Options
Drill a hole approx. 7mm down for the top of the rear shock<into the shock tower> This will lean the tops of the rear shocks in towards the center of the chassis
Install the brass roll center bushings
Build or purchase the chassis plate brace. I made mine from an old carbon fiber radio plate. This installs from the rear bulkhead to the radio plate mount in front of the flywheel This prevents chassis flex, and stripping spur gears. EDM now has them in stock for their new car.
I now have two Mugen MRX4X, one new Serpent 966, and one Kyosho Evolva, and I run all of these cars with at least 3 dregrees rear tow in. When you get comfortable with the car, if you want to you can decrease the rear toe, but I dont think you will need to. You should be able to run 37 shore tires all the way around with the set up on a decent track`.
Good luck
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

well thanks for the set up man ill give it a shot
liteumup387 is offline   Reply With Quote