R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default CapricornRC - Present and Active

The present post to calm down all the rumors about the lack of news about our company.

We are still working very hard to several products, engines and our 1/10 models.

The presence here on RCTECH was delegated to our distributor and pilots manager with whom we had some disagrement and problems to have back all the material gave THEM for our USA official drivers (engines and parts).

Actually we are working to find parthners who will work following our own business line.

All items previously sold from our USA distributor are always available on our website www.capricornrc.com and will be applied on all the USA orders a 25% discount on official price in order to compensate the lack of a distributor.

We will soon post the on road test drive of our 1/10 model as well as the new Q12E / ET engine.

Info and problems can always be forwarded to our email [email protected]

Thank's a lot to all our supporters, clients.. and future users.

Capricorn RC

Last edited by CapricornRC; 06-03-2009 at 02:18 AM.
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Any news about your 1/8 electric conversion for Serpent 960?

Last edited by Oblivionixx; 06-03-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Oblivionixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:56 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

i used the Capricorn tires from the AU distributor, Aaron at OZ Spec Hobbies.
the tires are great. set new lap records and WA 200mm state title. so far only used the tires, they work really well. thanks Capricorn.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

I recently made an order @ the Capricorn site, will the 25% still apply to me? I haven't been able to race in almost 2 months. I love my CL12 and I'm not giving up on it.
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

ouch and all your products listed on your site are in euro too, the dollar conversion right now is rediculous for us Americans, nice to see the 25% will help a little towards the currency exchange as well....
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Tor Erik's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 92
Default

Hi
Iīm curios about your 12 ETX engine.

I just wonder, what is the base for this engine ? is it from sirio ? og have you developed the whole engine by yourself ?

What nitro percent are the engine shimmed for ?

What is good engine temperature in degrees ?

Pipe, which pipe are prefered ?

Lotīs of questions.....

THX
Tor Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapricornRC View Post
The present post to calm down all the rumors about the lack of news about our company.

We are still working very hard to several products, engines and our 1/10 models.

The presence here on RCTECH was delegated to our distributor and pilots manager with whom we had some disagrement and problems to have back all the material gave THEM for our USA official drivers (engines and parts).

Actually we are working to find parthners who will work following our own business line.

All items previously sold from our USA distributor are always available on our website www.capricornrc.com and will be applied on all the USA orders a 25% discount on official price in order to compensate the lack of a distributor.

We will soon post the on road test drive of our 1/10 model as well as the new Q12E / ET engine.

Info and problems can always be forwarded to our email [email protected]

Thank's a lot to all our supporters, clients.. and future users.

Capricorn RC
You shouldn't even try to put Uriah in a bad light buddy.

I have dealt with Uriah for several years and once with you, which was more than enough!

Good luck finding someone who's willing to adopt your business ethics.....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Erik View Post
Hi
Iīm curios about your 12 ETX engine.

I just wonder, what is the base for this engine ? is it from sirio ? og have you developed the whole engine by yourself ?

What nitro percent are the engine shimmed for ?

What is good engine temperature in degrees ?

Pipe, which pipe are prefered ?

Lotīs of questions.....

THX
I have the same.. hard to find good info on that...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Erik View Post
Hi
Iīm curios about your 12 ETX engine.

I just wonder, what is the base for this engine ? is it from sirio ? og have you developed the whole engine by yourself ?

What nitro percent are the engine shimmed for ?

What is good engine temperature in degrees ?

Pipe, which pipe are prefered ?

Lotīs of questions.....

THX
I believe that one has its roots with the Sirio XXX. Probably shimmed for 16%. Temps are whatever it runs well. Pipe, the 2611 or the 2648
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Iīm curios about your 12 ETX engine.

I just wonder, what is the base for this engine ?

The CL 12 ETX is based on evo4 crackcase

is it from sirio ? or have you developed the whole engine by yourself ?

Production is made by sirio yes.... but all inner part are developed under our own
specification such timing, shimming, crank tuning, underhead... etc


What nitro percent are the engine shimmed for ? the factory shimming is for 16% nitro

What is good engine temperature in degrees ? we suggest to run it between 100/110 not more

Pipe, which pipe are prefered ?
the best pipe for our .12 series engines are Capricorn 2648, Sirio 2611 and RB 2604

Lotīs of questions.....

THX

Thank`s to u
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
You shouldn't even try to put Uriah in a bad light buddy.

I have dealt with Uriah for several years and once with you, which was more than enough!

Good luck finding someone who's willing to adopt your business ethics.....
Stefan... please... be so kind to don`t put a word on stuff u know nothing about...

Ur words are to the wind because are off topic on our thread.

Hope will be the lasts...

thank`s a lot
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I believe that one has its roots with the Sirio XXX. Probably shimmed for 16%. Temps are whatever it runs well. Pipe, the 2611 or the 2648
Based on XXX crankcase is the just came Q12E.

Will be soon available also in Tuned Version

Thank`s
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #13
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
I recently made an order @ the Capricorn site, will the 25% still apply to me? I haven't been able to race in almost 2 months. I love my CL12 and I'm not giving up on it.
when USA clients will place an order on our website, be so kind to put a note on 25% discount.
We are working to automatize this discount in the e/commerce but not always working.

Keep care of this and anyone will have this discount till a new USA distributor will be operative.

thank`s
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 AM   #14
Tech Adept
 
jakerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

To all the people reading this thread about the Capricorn RC company:

First, I have been running a Capricorn CL9TE for months now and it's by far the best and most powerful engine I have ever ran!

Second, I have been dealing directly with Capricorn for a few months as well and have been given great customer service and dedication from the Capricorn RC team. They have been nothing but helpful and professional and a true pleasure to do business with. Shipping is fast and the 25% discount makes up for for the dollar/Euro difference.

Third, what ever is between Murnan and Capricorn, is between Murnan and Capricorn and should not affect anyones views or business with either company. Murnan is a great modder and Capricorn is a great RC Company.
jakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerz View Post
To all the people reading this thread about the Capricorn RC company:

First, I have been running a Capricorn CL9TE for months now and it's by far the best and most powerful engine I have ever ran!

Second, I have been dealing directly with Capricorn for a few months as well and have been given great customer service and dedication from the Capricorn RC team. They have been nothing but helpful and professional and a true pleasure to do business with. Shipping is fast and the 25% discount makes up for for the dollar/Euro difference.

Third, what ever is between Murnan and Capricorn, is between Murnan and Capricorn and should not affect anyones views or business with either company. Murnan is a great modder and Capricorn is a great RC Company.
We appreciate ur words and happy to serve u again anytime.
Thank's
Capricorn RC
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net