R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
last weekend, I tried a set of the Impanama 1/10th rubber tires, shore 45's. The car was good for the first 3 or 4 laps then they get hot and greasy. This past weekend, I tried something else, by letting the car roll more, like the post above me stated, like an electric car would and the car was excellent,......however........it was a trick to balance the tire spin with the higher powered .12 engine. The best thing would be to make a VERY soft clutch and go with a low power engine.

Good luck.
Next time I see you at the track, I'll let you try the 50, 55, 60 & 65 shore Ipanema 1/10 scale tires.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #17
Tech Adept

yea i think it was the surface that destroyed teh tires, it wasnt 100% smooth it had ruff spots, so i searched for a new place, and found a lot close to me that have just been repaved, and we set up a track out of cones and raced my brother,and put new 40 shore foams on the car and what a difference, we ran half gallon each car and very little wear on teh rear tires.. and they hooked up like crazy, no wheel spin just grip and Go, my brother got a RS4 3 with the O.S. .18 CVR engine and man i was just spanking him in the turns he had to roll trhough while i had was going through 1/4-1/2 throttle, ive decided never to buy another set of rubbers again... never had that much grip with any RC model with rubbers... and my suspension is real stiff , very little roll right and a little more roll to the left but not much... the R40 is such a great car,

thansk guys for all your help, all great hints a tips....
soon a 1/8th on road
Duratrax Maximum ST Pro
Hpimichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Next time I see you at the track, I'll let you try the 50, 55, 60 & 65 shore Ipanema 1/10 scale tires.
Yes, that will be better. When the track is 125deg+, tires get HOT fast. I believe that when its cooler out, they will be perfect!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

are you that guys brother who wanted to put a .18cv-rx in his car but couldnt get it to fit?

the red-dot JLR engines are no joke, people seem to under estimate them alot, in an onroad car the JLR red dot will even give the .18TZ a run for its money if not beat it in the long run due to the higher rpms..
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
are you that guys brother who wanted to put a .18cv-rx in his car but couldnt get it to fit

yea thats my brother i dont know whathis name is on here but thats him, he finally got it to fit, just moved his tank over 1/2"in. and it works.... but man the JLR is no joke at all, if only i cen get my two speed fine tuned to shift...
soon a 1/8th on road
Duratrax Maximum ST Pro
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #21
Tech Master

see if you can find a stiffer centax clutch spring or tighten yours down even more to really see that car expload off the line.

as far as the 2 speed not shifting I would take off the 2 speed assembly and rebuilt it, return it to factory as per the manual and see if it works
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #22
Tech Adept

im just scared to mess withthe clutch setup ...lol but i will look into that cause it does rev a bit before it takes off...
soon a 1/8th on road
Duratrax Maximum ST Pro
Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
Tech Master

the reving before take off is normal if you have a centax clutch, the clutch needs a certain rpm to engage, when I had my g4s my engine would rev up to just under 1/4 throttle and then take off almost break loose the foam tires on prepd track.

if you dont like that reving loosen the centax clutch a little, but your car wont have that sharp take off anymore, the tighter or firmer the spring the higher the engine is reving when it takes off and it puts more power to the ground.

think of it like a real manual car, you ease off the clutch and ease on the gas the car starts rolling slowly, you rev the engine up to 3-4k rpms and you let off the clutch hard and the car takes or chirping the tires
Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

Default RUBBER

i prefer rubber due to longer life and your car stays a lil cleaner too
mpsoldier1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default less dusty

if you use the rubber less dust to clean off the car
mpsoldier1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i'll deal with the tire dust and never glue a tire again...and at 8 dollars a pair and twice the grip...its hard to beat. i'll grap a can of nitro cleaner after a day of racing. and good foams dont ware out that fast.
cobrajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet View Post
...and at 8 dollars a pair and twice the grip...its hard to beat. i'll grap a can of nitro cleaner after a day of racing. and good foams dont ware out that fast.
$8 Dollars a pair Where are you buying from and what brand!? That's very cheap...almost too cheap
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

twister tires usa ...they have a thread here too. great tires, i raced 35/37 shore last weekend for the full [email protected] degrees , only 2mm loss alround(63mm still)
cobrajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #29
Tech Master

twister tires are da sh!t!!!!

http://www.twistertiresusa.com/index...mss53ljbrqorn1

run them alot grip tons last decently, their low shore tires only last me a few laps, but what 32 shore doesnt last that little..