R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #46
Tech Initiate
 
A-RASSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
Default

Jason why is that radical change of opinion?. some weeks ago you used to say such exactly the opposite.

Personal disagreements with retailer o even with the factory dont make a worse car the best for one day to another. am i wrong?

Maybe in other person i can accept it as an opinion but from a guy who promote a car such as the better car of the universe as yourself, simply dont understand why some weeks after, you prefer serpent without having raced it, ro maintained it once

PD: Im not saying 950R isnt a good car, its a great car undoubtely, having raced several vector kits some season ago i admit serpent is one of the best choice, but personally, after japanese chasis.

PD2: you should excuse my english i know its horrible
A-RASSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:01 PM   #47
Tech Adept
 
Manbik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sin City
Posts: 142
Default

The MRX-3 is still a good car. It handles well in a wide range of setups, even if your setup is not 'spot on', the car will handle well. It's inexpensive and there are lots of companies out there mkaing hop-ups. I have nothing bad to say about the car itself.

Who supports it? Since I have shutdown my site, there is NO WHERE to go. Yea, message boards like this one and others have a message thread on it. But Where is the "official" message board? Where are the team drivers if you want to ask them a question? If you are lucky enough to race with them at an event, the Mugen Team is more than happy to help you, but what about afterwards?

Mugen support sucks.

If I didn't have so much invested between equipment and the website, I would have switched long ago.

Opinions expressed are mine and mine only based off of my own personal experiences. Your milage may vary. Objects appear closer in mirror. Please consult a doctor before taking. To be taken orally only. Please wear your seat belt. Danger of electric shock is exposed.
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #48
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: houston,texas
Posts: 134
Default the EVOLVA is a new design car,as i

am in the process of building it...i really like the lay daown servos....i will post pics of my EVOLVA ,i think me and a few other people in the USA has one......choco
kenchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #49
Tech Initiate
 
A-RASSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
Default

jason in that point i agree with you, no info, no good webs, both in kyosho and mugen. Terribly bad webs.

Personally dont need much advise after been racing for 14 years 1:8th on road. But always open to learn new things.

Other thing to buy a car from my point of view is if there are fast guys (not necessary factory drivers) driving the same car, to know tips, set ups etc.

Its a pitty you have closed your web.

web support is a great point from serpent, but there are other important things to decide which car. I know well serpent clutches and serpent gearboxes, and also mugen ones, for example, the same with simplicity to maintain a serpent or a mugen/kyosho, etc. Dont mind if theres no info about a car if it has other better specs in it. But thats my particular point of view, of course if someone is not very experienced and buys a car with no web support, no good drivers to ask to, etc maybe he should decide what he needs more (better support, or the features of the car). Its just a matter of WHO is going to buy an specific car.


PD: Please if i dont express good in english what i pretend, let me know to try to do it in another way

Last edited by A-RASSS; 01-18-2004 at 01:26 PM.
A-RASSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:18 PM   #50
Tech Adept
 
Herbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 121
Smile winternats

Hey Michel ( I assume )

Are you gonna team up with Rick at the winternats? Hope to see some pictures on your site afterwards.

Good luck and happy racing in Florida.

Herbie
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic
 
Turbo9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by saints1115
The reason your getting a killer deal on the Proceed is due to the fact that they`re being dicontinued. Even then they need a lot of hopups to be competitive. Either wait for the new Mugen or get a new 950R Serpent. These are the two with at least some level of support in the U.S.
Where did you hear about the proceed being discontiued? I sent HPI an E-mail and they said there was no plans to discontinue it. Its cheap because its old.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 02:54 PM   #52
Registered User
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 370
Default Mugen MRX3 all the way!

This is the only car I would go with. Even though the Serpent 950 and the Kyosho are all equally competitive. But personally, I have been running the MRX-3 for two years now and it is so easy to work on, and the parts are very easy to find. Also, the cost of the parts compared to Serpent parts are excellent.
Demetris Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:54 PM   #53
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb Web Support

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
The MRX-3 is still a good car. It handles well in a wide range of setups, even if your setup is not 'spot on', the car will handle well. It's inexpensive and there are lots of companies out there mkaing hop-ups. I have nothing bad to say about the car itself.

Who supports it? Since I have shutdown my site, there is NO WHERE to go. Yea, message boards like this one and others have a message thread on it. But Where is the "official" message board? Where are the team drivers if you want to ask them a question? If you are lucky enough to race with them at an event, the Mugen Team is more than happy to help you, but what about afterwards?

Mugen support sucks.

If I didn't have so much invested between equipment and the website, I would have switched long ago.

Opinions expressed are mine and mine only based off of my own personal experiences. Your milage may vary. Objects appear closer in mirror. Please consult a doctor before taking. To be taken orally only. Please wear your seat belt. Danger of electric shock is exposed.
I agree with Jason 100%!
I personally use both the Mugen and the Serpent but how I wish
I had gotten the same info on my Mugen from the Mugen Site as
much info I got info on my Serpent from MyTSN...

I could say that the Serpent Website Support has been, by far,
the best available at the moment. And if the other manufacturers
would even want to be at par, they certainly have a lot of working
to do. And especially now that MRX3.com site is now closed,
where else can Mugen users (especially new ones) can go.?
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #54
Tech Regular
 
Bounty Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 296
Default Re: Web Support

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
I agree with Jason 100%!
I personally use both the Mugen and the Serpent but how I wish
I had gotten the same info on my Mugen from the Mugen Site as
much info I got info on my Serpent from MyTSN...

I could say that the Serpent Website Support has been, by far,
the best available at the moment. And if the other manufacturers
would even want to be at par, they certainly have a lot of working
to do. And especially now that MRX3.com site is now closed,
where else can Mugen users (especially new ones) can go.?
Well Ron....I say you have to just get one of everything! But really I have found that the MRX is easy to setup and it does work through a variety of setups. Man....I wish there was more support for Mugen stuff though. I guess we are pretty lucky to be where we are. We have got so much local support and yet we still need more info everyday.
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #55
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 141
Default

Ah Men To that.
I mean What is up with the support from mugen. They think that the car is Top notch { which it is} But you have to understand the car to race it. I can never get the Answer I am looking for from mugen.
1fastmugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #56
Tech Regular
 
Bounty Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 296
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 1fastmugen
Ah Men To that.
I mean What is up with the support from mugen. They think that the car is Top notch { which it is} But you have to understand the car to race it. I can never get the Answer I am looking for from mugen.
Well I do have to at least say that I have never asked any of the "team" guys any questions. Since we have so much local support the really fast guys give us pleabs here at the bottom stuff to shoot for! Always searching for those 14 Second lap times! I guess the mentality from Mugen appears to be that of, if youre a beginner, they have all the support in the world. Other than that you are kind of on your own.
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:12 PM   #57
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,845
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Web Support

Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Well Ron....I say you have to just get one of everything! But really I have found that the MRX is easy to setup and it does work through a variety of setups. Man....I wish there was more support for Mugen stuff though. I guess we are pretty lucky to be where we are. We have got so much local support and yet we still need more info everyday.
With all the MRX3's in our area, help really isn't an issue.We are definitely lucky. If someone is just getting into 1/8th scale, I would have to say the MRX3 is the best car to get. It's just an all around simple car with parts available everywhere.
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #58
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61
Send a message via AIM to nitroaddict
Default

I am suprised that no one has mentioned the SMP Side yet. I have been running one for a while now, and can say that it is just mindblowing.
nitroaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:18 PM   #59
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 141
Default

Nitroaddict,
You should come out to Kissi. Track And show me how well that slide Run. I've never seen anyone run one around here so I can't comment On it. Plus you would have a blast with All the other 1/8 scalers here.
1fastmugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic
 
Turbo9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The SMP slide looks like a hell of a race car, I never seen one run before either. Did you get it from ashford hobby? I was thinking about getting one a while back but they were a bit pricey for me...you just can't beat the swiss precision
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB 1/12 scale onroad car TMR CHASSIS R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 7 10-02-2007 07:28 PM
1/8 scale ONROAD onerun Northwest Racers 2 08-05-2007 11:05 PM
The XR-80 1/8 Scale Onroad Car team jhugg R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-30-2006 08:23 AM
1/8 scale onroad car team jhugg R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-21-2006 06:24 AM
LOOKING FOR 1/12 SCALE ONROAD GFIGUEROA R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 02-13-2006 04:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net