R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-15-2004, 08:06 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by -Nitrohead-
a friend of my runs a picco withs some small factory help.
there are still some minor productions errors innit, if you look further then that, it's a good car...fast, great handling, etc.

but i never saw a speed in the high rankings yet
Whoa... production errors? Thats not cool at all. Did he get an early model or somthing?
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 03:22 AM   #32
Tech Initiate

I`ve raced every picco chasis since his first one (genesis in 1991), afterwards RS600, RS600 compact, and every evolution of integra. Some of the seasons with smal factory help through their retalier in my country (Spain). And i can express E-V-E-R-Y chasis had little and not so little defects. In spite i loved those chasis because of his durability, material quality and performance out of the box. But to be honest their production and factory machinery is very poor, and sometimes eduardo and alberto did some mistakes designing things like synchro I, alloy material on some series of suspension arms in compact edition, or the ultrasmall clutch pinion of 13 teeth in the new speed.

PD: Turbo9000 before my fist genesis i raced with a bmt 891, Great car!! i still love it.
A-RASSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by A-RASSS
I`ve raced every picco chasis since his first one (genesis in 1991), afterwards RS600, RS600 compact, and every evolution of integra. Some of the seasons with smal factory help through their retalier in my country (Spain). And i can express E-V-E-R-Y chasis had little and not so little defects. In spite i loved those chasis because of his durability, material quality and performance out of the box. But to be honest their production and factory machinery is very poor, and sometimes eduardo and alberto did some mistakes designing things like synchro I, alloy material on some series of suspension arms in compact edition, or the ultrasmall clutch pinion of 13 teeth in the new speed.

PD: Turbo9000 before my fist genesis i raced with a bmt 891, Great car!! i still love it.
I never knew that. I have two integras that I occasionally race and I've had no problems at all with that kind of thing....maybe I lucked out . But I can see how there could be some minor imperfections on the old genesis cars... those things had machined alloy control arms and very few plastic parts...much like the SMP slide, but this was over 10 years ago!!

and yeah... I have an 891...with the optional 3-speed tranny I still take it out and make a few passes down the street.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:37 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JitsuGuy

Mugen baby! And by the way, those that are saying an MRX-4 is coming out need to stop! The word coming from Mugen is that there is no 4 on the way. Why would there be? Look at the winning record of the 3! Get the Mugen and don't worry they won't be coming out with something else in the near future, those are just unfounded rumors.

J
JitsuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 07:49 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Jits,
I agree with you on both ends. I haven't heard any news of a new car & It doesn't really matter , Like you said it is a very Nice car all the way around.
1fastmugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:22 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by BG
The parts for the Kyosho cars are very cheap as well, compared to the other brands.
Maybe where you live, but around here Kyosho stuff is sometimes hard to get hold of, and the cost is on the high side.

Mugen is the car of choice here.
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:16 PM   #37
Tech Initiate

I agree mrx-3 is one of the best choice, I race a mrx3 works kit and its awesome!!

Probably my best 8th during many years. It has the same winning specs as bmt891 or first vectors in its time: Simple, easy to drive, great performance out of the box with the standardt set up. Really nice to drive. Altohugh here in spain the retailer is really bad providin good support and the cost of kits and spares very expensive compared to others. Thats why many o f us here buy through internet in the states or hong kong. But even though i spend much more money i enjoy it and prefer than saving some euros with other cars i dont like at all.
A-RASSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 02:54 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Serpent for many reasons
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Oh! ... but if you want an MRX-3... I have one for sale.
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 04:39 PM   #40
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

ahh, yes, I too have an MRX3 for sale, pic attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mugenside.jpg (151.0 KB, 190 views)
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 05:57 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
Serpent for many reasons
Such as?

I see advantages in both mugen and serpent.I still think though that the MRX3 is so solid it's almost boring which by the way is a good thing.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 03:12 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Which 1/8th Scale Onroad car?

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
?? ???

The 950R, requires almost NO work to the arms, unlike to older cars. It took as much time to "clean up" that car, as it did to shave off the plastic where the brake plates go on the mugen.
EVOLVA just build it perfect fit as good as the MRX3 but i take the mrx3 too the winternats because i go for safe.
aim the only driver here in Holland with the Evolva so first have to test more didn't run it yet

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 04:34 AM   #43
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Which 1/8th Scale Onroad car?

Quote:
Originally posted by border r/c
EVOLVA just build it perfect fit as good as the MRX3 but i take the mrx3 too the winternats because i go for safe.
aim the only driver here in Holland with the Evolva so first have to test more didn't run it yet

.....EVOLVA.......Haven't see it here yet!
Need to build my 950R tomorrow. And let my old MRX3 take a break. I'm really too lazy to build a new kit.

By the way,I tested several tanks the HYPER GP4 today. It's HOBAO team driver's car.....
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Actually, isnt the evolva last years model Kyosho race car? Now they have the F2004...which now costs more than the 950.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #45
Tech Adept

"evolva" and the "F2004"is the same car (same part number, 31283). I have only seen the name "F2004" used at webshops. "evolva 2003" is the correct name according to the kyosho website.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote