R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Default car drives to the left after shfting

My car all of the sudden turns left after it doen in second speed and I can control it. anyone know what may cause this?

the car is a TG10R
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
Tech Elite

I might wrong but base on my experience there are afew factor.
1. The 2nd Gear pinion or Spur gear is loose from the main shaft.
Suggestion - Try to dissamble and carefull assemble the spur and the pinion back again ensure the assemble in firm tight. Not to much free play or moving.

2. The drivetrain doesn't smooth and not right, check the belting. Carefull check if the 3 belting is turning smoothly. I did have experience the the car doesn't go straight when i punch it just because the mid belt tensioner is loose. ( The belt tensioner doesn't press the belt firmly)

3. The suspension,bulkhead or chasis body mount loose. The parts may moved during pulling the throttle. Place it on starter box and rev afew time...monitor the car chasis movement. Check if there is loose screw.

Gook luck
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:23 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

esham:

the TG10R is tamiya's shaft drive tourer, not a triple belt drive system.

profoxcg:

could be torque steer or could be bad balancing. check to make sure both left and right shock lengths are correct with equal springs & same oil. also try to get the car as balanced as possible with half a tank of fuel. if you have an MIP tweak station now is a good time to use it to make sure left/right distribution of weight is the same.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
Tech Elite

I'm in a wrong boat!
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

its ok man, you tried .
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:35 AM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

and you might try checking your bearings, I had both a Yok GT4 and NTC3 do this and they both had broken inside rear bearings.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:34 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Default car pulls left

This might sound to simple but check the gluing job on your tires for loose edges ,at higher rpm a loose tire will grow and if on the front will cause the car to dart in the opposite direction. good luck
trashcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:44 AM   #8
Tech Master

I was running foams at the moment, but the one on the oposite rear corner was missin a piece. In addiiton earlier that week my flywheel and pinions had come loose from the engine and pushed towards the spurs I believe sligthly bending them. I replaced them and I have yet to test if this is the problem. - the car was also very hard to shift...
Old 01-04-2004, 07:22 PM   #9
Tech Master

ok,

I changed the spus that I though were bent, and I still have the same problem whenever the car feels like shifting.

I did a front a tweak test (push the center to make sure both front wheel rise at the same time) and I notice that the left front wheel rises much sooner than the right wheel. I think I may have to rebuild my shocks and recheck my droop setting.

Do you guys think this may be the problem?

in addition, this is a little off topic, but what should I look into first is I want to reduce body roll? oil or doop?

thanks !
Old 01-07-2004, 09:43 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
I did a front a tweak test (push the center to make sure both front wheel rise at the same time) and I notice that the left front wheel rises much sooner than the right wheel. I think I may have to rebuild my shocks and recheck my droop setting.

Do you guys think this may be the problem?

Of course that this can be the root of the problem. Just assemble the two shocks equal, and check with the springs removed from the shocks if they measure equal, if not, adjust the collars accordingly to the difference of lenght (sand the place where touches with the shock collar or with the spring retainer at the lowest part of the shock) to promote an even surface where the spring rests in the shock.

Quote:
in addition, this is a little off topic, but what should I look into first is I want to reduce body roll? oil or doop?
The way to reduce body roll is to put a thicker oil on your shocks and putting a harder spring (or tightening the sway bar, if adjustable). The shock precharge collar is only for selecting the ride height you want to set, not for setting spring stiffness, just as a quick remembering.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #11
Tech Master

yep, the chassis was actually bent !!!
I noticed this when I put the car without wheel or shocks on my glass table while I was looking for the drop supports. then when I placed car on the support blocks, I notice that chassis was bend in the front. I guess this is the result of a hard crash? (although I dont thin I have had one)

anyhow, I kept the same oil 30wt but put harder srpings (I know i need to change my oil to 70wt-90wt. I addition I set my droop to +7 all around. I took the car for a test drive on the tennis court and I drove very nicely and stable.

now I think I need to work on my engine, when the car shifts it wants to stall.... as soon as I let go of the gas it comes back to normal.

I wish TG10R's were more consistent with their shifting.

-Friend's dont let friends drive with rubbers lol
that is very funny, for some reason I think you could get better performance with rubbers ? .. i dunno, I am confused about that still, all I know is my foams break off.

thanks for your help,
please comment on the above..
Old 01-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
The way to reduce body roll is to put a thicker oil on your shocks and putting a harder spring (or tightening the sway bar, if adjustable). The shock precharge collar is only for selecting the ride height you want to set, not for setting spring stiffness, just as a quick remembering.
Thicker oil will not result in less body roll. It will make the car roll slower but if you have a long corner the final position of the car will be the same. Only springs, roll bars and roll-center settings effect the total body roll.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:52 PM   #13
Tech Addict

now I think I need to work on my engine, when the car shifts it wants to stall.... as soon as I let go of the gas it comes back to normal.

I would Richen your engine. (what engine is it?)
And turn you 2 speed screw out 1/8 of a turn. And if that dont work kept turning it out untell the engine dont stall.
I think you got the screw in to far the the engines over revving. Because its running two lean. And then when it trys to shift the engine gose HOLY SH*T and kills its self.

My 2cents.

Cheers
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:04 AM   #14
Tech Master

my engine is an OS CVR, .12

I will try what you mentioned... I will post this weekend
Old 01-08-2004, 12:05 AM   #15
Tech Master

I need to concentrate on my miniz (kyosho cup) this weekend !!!