R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #1021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

No problem Ira, Glad I could help ya out. I had a bunch of late nights/mornings. 2-3 Hours of sleep then back to the hobby shop. Still recovering, lol!

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #1022
Tech Addict

I would like to say THANK YOU to all of the volunteers that gave up their personal time to help make this event a huge success.

Even though the guys from the hobby shop were employed by Mike, they went beyond their normal duties and worked long hours and were of great help. Thanks to Jeremy and his staff (Phillip, Ben, Smiley, Jordan, Gene and Akasia). I also want to recognize all of the hard labor by Mike Mills, Bo, and Ricky from Mike's staff.

Lou Laduca did a GREAT job with the opening ceremony and I can tell you that it was enjoyed by everyone in attendance.

Special thanks to Raymond, Kathy, Dee, Jason, Heather, William, Monte, Ernie and John Cooper for being there every day!!!! There was no way that Bob nor I could have made it work with out their help.

I also want to extend a BIG THANK YOU to John Stranahan for stopping by on a regular basis and snapping some of the quality pictures that have been all over RCTech.net .

How about the dedication of the Race Management Team that we hired to carry out the event? We could not have picked a better squad! Bob Ingersoll - Race Director, Steve McLaughlin - Tech Inspector, Jimmy Babcock - Announcer, and Doug Hay - Scoring Director. Thanks guys for giving us your all for the whole event!!!!

Now I am going to attempt to thank the rest of the volunteers (several that came from out of town just to help out) and hope that I do not leave anyone out. If I do, please accept my apology in advance. I think that my brain is still fried from all of the sun over 11 days.

THANK YOU;
Jane Ingersoll
Paul Schulz
Eduardo
Paul
David
Michael
Michael Wayne
Nick
Mike Queller
Mary Bea
Ian Pattie
Ethan Pattie
Dan
Adam
Brent
Leon Moore
Matt McDade
Louis
Bobby
Larry
Rick Embe

The commitment of all of these individuals along with the guidance from Dallas and the rest of the IFMAR officials enabled the success of the 2010 IFMAR 1/10th IC Track World Championship.

Thanks,
Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #1023
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I want to give a BIG THANKS to my brother Paul Schulz for all of his help at this event, now it's my turn to be your pit man. Also for giving me a place to rest my head, it was great to spend some time with the family (my bro Paul, Sister in-law Regina/Deja, and my little man Ayden)

Also a big thanks to Mike Swauger and the rest of Team Mugen, Chris Moore, Terry Brown, Jason Conley, JJ, Rick, Tommy, Steve Rossi, Mike Strack, and Francis (edit, sorry ) all great guys.

Congrats to Ralph Burch on his World's Championship and drew for the nice pit work.

Thanks to all of the people that made this event run as smooth as possible , Gulf Coast Raceway.

See you all in Homestead, FL.

Last edited by ira; 08-03-2010 at 09:44 AM.
ira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #1024
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to insaneracin2003

Ira,
You are very welcome bro, anytime...We just needed to bump up 1 more time...missed it by 1 spot....You drove your arse off and I am greatful that I didn't run you out of gas...lol

Congradulations to Team USA and espicially Ralph Burch on YOUR World Championship Win. Your pit guys rocked also. Congrats Drew and ,sorry I don't know the other guy, but congrats anyways.

I also want to thank the Mugen Team for allowing me to hangout with you guys and help when I can. Mike Swauger, Kris Moore, Ira, Mike Strack, T-Bodz, Jason C, Rossi, Mr. Rick, JJ Wang-congrats dude!!!, Tommy and Francis.

Special thanks to Mike and Carol Eberle with Mike's Hobby Shop / Gulf Coast Raceway for giving us a fantastic place to race and hang out.

Also to ALL the volunteers that helped make the event a memorable one.

Thank You!!!
Mugen Seiki USA / Mikes Hobby Shop / Byrons Fuels / Gulf Coast Raceway / Insaneracin Designs / Paint by "Smiley"
insaneracin2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #1025
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

It was a great race indeed. If it was'nt for all of the help from the locals, It woud'nt of been the success it was.

Thank you to everyone that helped out, and to Mike and Carol for such an awesome place to race!

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #1026
Tech Master

Wow great job to everyone that had anything to do with this event. I want to thank Roniel for helping me in the pits "couldn't of done it without you bro" we make a good team. Big congrats to Ralph for making my job easy "wouldn't do it for anyone else". We put alot of hard work in for this race and it paid off. Thanks again to everyone.

THAT RALPHY BURCH IS "SMOKING FAST BUT THAT RONIEL AND DREW ARE BLAZING FAST"..

Thanks Drew
Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #1027
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Wow great job to everyone that had anything to do with this event. I want to thank Roniel for helping me in the pits "couldn't of done it without you bro" we make a good team. Big congrats to Ralph for making my job easy "wouldn't do it for anyone else". We put alot of hard work in for this race and it paid off. Thanks again to everyone.

THAT RALPHY BURCH IS "SMOKING FAST BUT THAT RONIEL AND DREW ARE BLAZING FAST"..

Thanks Drew

Nice job Drew....your hard work was well worth the reward...enjoy...and i'll see you at the track soon.

BT
Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #1028
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Once again congrats to Ralph and Drew. The one thing is no Ray Woods so this will be the second Sedan worlds without an official DVD for us poor saps that didn't make it there
Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #1029
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default I tried

I tried to get a pass so I could make that DVD but the powers that be decided otherwise. From the video I've seen from the event they screwed the pooch.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #1030
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones View Post
Nice job Drew....your hard work was well worth the reward...enjoy...and i'll see you at the track soon.

BT
BT,

We missed you out there,
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #1031
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I had a great time at the race. Its always nice to spend my time with some really nice people. Big props to the track and its crew for putting on one awesome event at possibly the finest track in the country!! Mike and Carol, Roger and Bob and the rest of the crew, a big THANK YOU!!

I had the oppurtunity to meet a lot of people and had a great time being able to spend some time as the US/Canada Team Manager at this event. I don't think that there has ever been a better group of people to work with in my 25 years in this sport. I am truly honored and priviledged to have done this duty for so many great people.

Finally, Big Congrats goes out to Ralph Burch Jr. for winning his first World Championship... Hard work pays off and you have been giving 110% for a very long time. Your time is long overdue. (BTW, you still owe me one and I will not forget that, )

Sean Sanchez
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #1032
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile

Congratulations Ralph!!!!

That was impressive. Watched it on LiveRC here in DC.

Great pit work Drew!!!

You and Ralph make a great team!!!

Tell your family hi for me.

Joe B.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #1033
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jaco

Guys are Jaco tires still being used, I cannot remember seeing them in the Worlds?
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #1034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
Guys are Jaco tires still being used, I cannot remember seeing them in the Worlds?
Most racers are now using the Capricorn tires on the cool-looking dark grey rims. These are the new tires of choice.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #1035
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
I saw mostly Matrix and Capricorn.

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote