R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I actually plan on winning this race

I'm not worried about making the main, but if the body is illegal, we will get DQ'd in every qualifier.. and if we remove too much it isn't like we can put it back on.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #632
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
There is no rule against a single hole (50mm max dia) like shown in the picture you posted.

You spoke about not finding a rule being amended. Where is the rule that allows cutting out the rear window. The rule(s) I found listed a bunch of allowed openings and then stated those were the only allowed openings. The rear and side windows were not mentioned as allowed openings.
I don't have the ROAR rule book in front of me but I don't believe it is actually allowed there either, but my bodies all pass tech similar to the picture before and that is the IFMAR 2008 world champions car from that race.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #633
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Worlds 2010 !

Good Luck to all the drivers!
I wish i could be there to at least watch it!
I will be thinking of all the drivers that i know from all the racing that i have been able to do.
$$$$ Cant swing it !
Hope the event goes well.
Dont forget the hydration !
later
Jeff Epperson
Blowin Smoke BBQ
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #634
Tech Addict

Default Telecast of WC on Broadband

To all of our friends around the world awaiting news on who will broadcast this major event. I have just received confirmation from IFMAR that LiveRC.com will be on site to broadcast the event.

Congratulations to Brandon and his company on being elected to represent IFMAR at this World Championship. The link to the website is:

The Organizing Committee welcomes LiveRC.com as a valued partner in bringing you first class coverage of this prestigious event.
Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #635
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are you guys going to post a preliminary practice group list. I'd like to know if I can request to be separated if me and my buddy end up in the same practice heat.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #636
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default body holes

today I spoke to D J and he cut out the rear and the sides, the main thing is the 50mm max hole size but everything else should be fine. the main thing is get here safely and all this other details will be settled at the track. see you all soon we had rain today and maybe tomorrow but after that should be okay.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
today I spoke to D J and he cut out the rear and the sides, the main thing is the 50mm max hole size but everything else should be fine. the main thing is get here safely and all this other details will be settled at the track. see you all soon we had rain today and maybe tomorrow but after that should be okay.
Thanks for the info Peter. We'll see you guys friday around noon.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #638
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
I don't have the ROAR rule book in front of me but I don't believe it is actually allowed there either, but my bodies all pass tech similar to the picture before and that is the IFMAR 2008 world champions car from that race.
Page 30 rule 6.1.8 says you can cut out the side and rear windows in the Roar rule book.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #639
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Holey Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Page 30 rule 6.1.8 says you can cut out the side and rear windows in the Roar rule book.
Guys. If you havent had this clarified yet The ifmar refs I think you will find under IFMAR you are allowed the following.
- 50 mm fuel hole above the tank
- 60 mm cooling hole in front windscreen
- cut outs for front side windows not rear side
- cut out rear window.
- If the fuel hole is cut partially into the windscreen this automatically doubles up as the cooling hole for obvious reasons.

Good luck to all for this event and for any Participants there at the track we here in Sydney "Down Under" are putting shrimps on the barbie and are eagerly awaiting any updates, gossip, photos, pit talk, any shit to feed our Jealous sorry souls wishing that we were there, Before we dearingly hit the morning traffic to work heading towards the big City avoiding the menacing road obstacles also known as Kangaroos as they merrily hop along over the Harbour bridge north bound for their early morning grazing feed over in Barron north Sydney. Ask any Sydneysider this is the most dangerous part of their day.

Good luck to all the Aussies over there
Old 07-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #640
Tech Adept

I understand that the IFMAR rule language allowing side/rear windows cut out was somehow taken out from the last revision of the rules. I recently spoke to a World's Race Official and I was told that IFMAR would have to put the language back in the rules to allow sides/rear window cut outs (a petition has been made to do so). It is very likely that the language will be put back in, but until then you are on your own if you cut them out.

I am screwed if the cut outs are not allowed, I already cut them out on six bodies!

See you at Gulf Coast Raceway soon!

Last edited by Erchur; 07-22-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #641
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
I understand that the IFMAR rule language allowing side/rear windows cut out was somehow taken out from the last revision of the rules. I recently spoke to a World's Race Official and I was told that IFMAR would have to put the language back in the rules to allow sides/rear window cut outs (a petition has been made to do so). It is very likely that the language will be put back in, but until then you are on your own if you cut them out.

I am screwed if the cut outs are not allowed, I already cut them out on six bodies!

See you at Gulf Coast Raceway soon!
You will be ok bro if side and rear window are not cut out ALL the engines will overheat, don't worry, there has been some wierd shit about lockers 3 speed gears etc, in the end logic will prevail. My first worlds we turned up with a car that was 5 mm too wide on the rear end that was not adjustable, they still let us race.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #642
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default timing

i cant find the broardcast at liverc
davet323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #643
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer View Post
To all of our friends around the world awaiting news on who will broadcast this major event. I have just received confirmation from IFMAR that LiveRC.com will be on site to broadcast the event.

Congratulations to Brandon and his company on being elected to represent IFMAR at this World Championship. The link to the website is:

The Organizing Committee welcomes LiveRC.com as a valued partner in bringing you first class coverage of this prestigious event.
Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Awesome - this is great news!
I'll be watching
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #644
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Coverage starts Saturday.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #645
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi Everyone,

I think this has been posted already, but I just wanted to release an official statement from us that LiveRC.com WILL be broadcasting this race. IFMAR and Gulf Coast Raceway have been very helpful, and we are expecting a top notch broadcast with multiple moving cameras, solid internet connections, and scissor lifts for our camera guys that the track is letting us use. Due to the length of the event, our crew is unable to get away from their day jobs for today's and tomorrow's practice (Thursday and Friday). Our crew is scheduled to get in sometime mid-Saturday, and the broadcast will start right away at that time.

We are trying to get someone at the track to setup a simple webcam and get the practice times live in the meantime, so we may go live with a "light" broadcast before then.

We will be offering the All Access Pass for the manned moving cameras, but as usual we will only offer a limited number of the passes to ensure that we don't overload the high-resolution video server. You can signup for this at our website's homepage at www.liverc.com. If you have any questions about the broadcast, feel free to post it here.

Thanks,
Brandon