R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #601
Tech Adept

I stopped by the track today. Worlds preparations are well under way and our host track is ready to welcome everyone over the next few days.

Extended weather forecast call for 50% probability of thundershowers for Wednesday and 40% on Thursday . During this time of the year in Houston if rain is in the forecast, it normally rains in the afternoon or evening. Let's hope the weather gods are on our side over the next two weeks.
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #602
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default live timing

giday,
i am from oz'
in australia we have live timing for state,s and nats and even some club meets. i cant understand that there is not going to be live timing for world champs.
maybe you guys should of held the worlds at a track with live timing.
i find this very hard to understand.

Last edited by davet323; 07-18-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: unfinished
davet323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #603
Tech Initiate

Default practise

It would be nice if more details of the frequency controlled practise could be published.

Do you arrange the drivers in heats and every heat gets 10 minutes?

Will there be just a line where the drivers wait for their turn on the drivers rostrum?

Do you use a board where the drivers can put their card at the time they want to race?

Best regards
Patrick
Old 07-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #604
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, I'm looking forward to this race... Can't wait to meet everyone on thursday....
Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #605
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
It would be nice if more details of the frequency controlled practise could be published.

Will there be just a line where the drivers wait for their turn on the drivers rostrum?

Do you use a board where the drivers can put their card at the time they want to race?

Best regards
Patrick
2.6 CONTROLLED PRACTICE
All drivers will have the chance to participate in frequency controlled practice on Saturday
and Sunday. There will be a timed practice for drivers in their published heats on
Monday, ten (10) minute practice heats beginning at 08.30.

I believe you are on your own until monday.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #606
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick View Post

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick,
Thank you for your question. Please note that we had posted a practice plan earlier but we are in the process of restructuring it now. With IFMAR's guidance we have planned to put drivers into controlled heats. For the benefit of all of the incoming drivers and teams, I am going to post the first days order here. Please note that we will invert the group starting order each of the following days. Additionally, we are opening the required driver check in on Wednesday, July 21st for any drivers that have arrived. All drivers must have gone through check in and have a working transponder registered to their car prior to starting any practice.

Thursday, July 22
Practice Length
8:00 Check In Open
8:00 Practice Groups 1-12 10 mins each
10:00 Practice Groups 1-12 10 mins each
12:00 Practice Groups 1-12 10 mins each
14:00 Practice Groups 1-12 10 mins each
16:00 Practice Groups 1-12 10 mins each
18:00 Track Closes
18:00 Check In Closes
Each driver will be assigned to a practice heat number 1-12. There will be 12 or 13 drivers per practice heat. Drivers will get approximately 8 minutes on the track during each 10 minute practice session. Each practice session will start and end with a tone over the track loudspeakers. Drivers are requested to bring their cars into the pits when the tone sounds, please do not make any extra laps.

Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #607
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your answer, Roger!

This modus is just perfect, everybody gets the same tracktime and the schedule helps planning the days.

At what time does the check in close on wednesday? We will arrive at the late afternoon, maybe we find the time to come by.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #608
Tech Apprentice

Default Fuel

Hello, Chris Doseck here! Had a Q? This might have been answered somewhere on the thrd. Is fuel supplied for practice?
Thanks
CD
CDSUPERPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #609
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

hello roger.......

do you have a provisonal drivers list for each heat??

and in the eventuality of having less drivers than expected will the schedule be readjusted to allow present drivers to run one extra practice session?

see you on wed!

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSUPERPRO View Post
Hello, Chris Doseck here! Had a Q? This might have been answered somewhere on the thrd. Is fuel supplied for practice?
Thanks
CD
Hey Chris:

I am almost positive that you have to buy/provide your own fuel for practice, but I am quite sure they will have plenty of the race fuel available for sale at the hobby shop.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #611
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I have a question that hopefully somebody can answer regarding the cutting of holes in the body for cooling, and fueling.

Rule 5.15 covers this area.

It says that we can cut a hole up to 60mm in the front screen (windshield) as long as into doesnt go into the roof or bonnet (hood).

It says that we can cut another hole up to 50mm above the fuel cap and there must be at least 5mm between any of the openings.

We can cut another hole up to 35mm above the cooling head for glow plug access and it cannot be combine with any other hole.

Also we can make openings for the exhaust, transponder antenna carburetor access.

First, I don't see where we are allowed to cut out the rear window or the side windows? I can't imagine that is against the rules, but I don't see where its allowed.

2nd: If we are using a single hole for fueling/cooling that is partially in the roof and partially in the front windshield, it seems that 50mm is the max size allowed. Is that correct?

It does appear that we can cut two holes in the front. A hole up to 60mm can be cut as long as this hole is in the windshield only and doesn't go into the front hood or the roofline. It seems that a second hole up to 50mm can be put above the fuel cap and it can go into the windshield as well as the roofline as long there is 5mm distance between this opening and the front windshield opening. Is this correct?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #612
Tech Initiate

Default Answers to above questions

registration closes on Wednesday at 18:00 (6:00 pm)

Byron's official IFMAR Worlds fuel IS supplied for practice- each time you enter the hot pits with your car during any controlled practice or qualifying or final- you will be supplied with fuel. You must use your own fuel for any other running in (available in the hobby shop). You will always come to the staging area with an empty car, and all fuel guns WILL be impounded. We will supply fuel bottles in the hot pit. Thankyou Byrons!

we do have a list of drivers for each heat being prepared right now, not ready yet.

at this time the event is completely full at 150 drivers, I would not plan on extra practice beyond what is posted above for 7/22-7/25 and then you have 2 rounds of timed heat practice on Monday 7/26.

Scott- you are correct on all of your interpretations above, including the lack of text in the rules covering the front-side and rear window cut outs (they are not specifically allowed). I have a dialog going on with IFMAR now and as soon as it is decided to allow this or not I will let you know. I think it will be allowed, but I cannot make that call and I can offer no further input at this time, sorry.

I will , as I can, try to keep you all up to date. I am at the track now, but as you know there are last item preparations going on right now and I will not be able to respond immediately.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Bob Ingersoll
Race Director
Bob Ingersoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #613
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSUPERPRO View Post
Thanks
CD
Controlled Fuel is provided for all drivers from the first day of practice through the last final. You will only need to buy any fuel that you need in order to bench tune your motors or break in new motors. The hobby shop will sell the same fuel that is being used for the WC.

Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #614
Tech Rookie

For the drivers (like me) arriving on Thursday around mid day, is there a chance to go into practice? What do we need to do?

Thanks

Michel
mortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #615
Tech Initiate

Default arriving on Thursday

You do not need to do anything further.
You will already have a spot in a controlled practice group number.
Your assigned group will run on schedule, regardless if you are here or not.
When you arrive and register, you will be given a packet with the schedule and you can run with your group at it's next time slot, after you register and get your credentials.
Bob Ingersoll is offline   Reply With Quote