2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

This is way I am asking. I have not looked the at rules, but I just want to know what is really going on. That way plans can be adjusted.

Can we please get a statement from one of the officials that are in charge.

Thanks,

DJ
Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default room

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I just reserved a double room and do not have a room mate at this time. If anybody is looking, let me know and maybe we can save some money.
sent you PM
Old 07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Track Closure for WC

DJ,
Saw that I missed your call on my cell earlier. I was at the Astros ballgame and just got home and checked the net and saw your question. For clarification here is the planned schedule. I will give you a call tomorrow to make sure that was what your call was about.

We actually closed the on-road track today, July 6th, a bit early of the two week IFMAR requirement. This allows us all of the time to complete some last minute upgrades. The track will re-open on Thursday, July 22nd, at 8:00 am with controlled practice rounds as it states in the official schedule posted on our web site. Please continue to check our web site www.2010ifmar200mmsedanworlds.com for all official dates, times and other official information.

See you soon,
Roger
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thank you

My thanks to the moderator who responded and re-marked this thread as "IMPORTANT." Thank you for your attention to the users' needs.
Roger
Chief Event Organizer
2010 1/10th IC Track World Championship
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Roger,

Hope you had a good time at the game last night. I was calling about the track dates, so yes you answered my question. Talk to you later if anything!

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

will there be live timing over the internet such as liverc?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Roger,

How many rounds of practice will there be ?

Thanks,
Ira
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

IRA,

I had a long talk today with Bob Ingersoll, our Race Director for the Worlds, and he plans on the following format for THU, FRI, SAT, SUN;

Not sure the exact time but likely to be starting at 8:00 am on THU the 22nd. We will allow 10 drivers on the Drivers' Stand for a timed 10 minute practice (fuel provided). At the conclusion of the allotted time, 10 minutes, track closes for a change over of the next ten drivers in line. Track reopens for those drivers for the next 10 minute practice session and so on for the duration of each day. Not sure at what time the track will close each day but likely to be 5:00 pm unless we get a weather delay. Once track closes for the day, it is CLOSED for ALL drivers and no cars will be allowed on the track. As you can see from this format, you will be able to get on the track as often as the queue allows.

On MON morning we will fall into the IFMAR timeline with two rounds of practice heats followed with the Opening Ceremony.

Keep those cards and letters coming. See you soon,
Roger
Old 07-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default BROADCAST of EVENT

Originally Posted by Seisick
will there be live timing over the internet such as liverc?
I can only tell you that we (The Organizing Committee) and IFMAR are in discussions now with a vendor to provide this service but nothing has been finalized. We will post the announcement of an agreement and a link to the provider on our web site, so keep checking there for the most up to date information.
Roger
Chief Event Organizer
Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default THANK YOU

Knowing that many of you are relying on this thread for your information with regards to the 2010 IFMAR IC Track World Championship I wanted to go on record to thank everyone who has assisted us in making this event possible;

IFMAR and ROAR for awarding us the event;

Mike's Hobby Shop, Porter, TX, Mike & Carol Eberle owners, for providing such a great facility as the host and Jeremy Cupps, store manager, and his dedicated staff in preparing the facility.

BYRON Fuels for delivering as the Fuel Sponsor;
Futaba
O.S. Speed
24/7 Workspace.com (for our printing needs)
HUDY
XRAY
Serpent
Xceed
R/C Car Magazine
PROTOform Racing Bodies
Spektrum
Pursuit Racing Team
Murnan Modified Motors
Contact RC Racing Tyres

Our host Hotels - La Quinta Inn and Comfort Suites

and all of the great volunteers that you will see throughout the upcoming race schedule along with our hand picked RMT.

Nothing could have been accomplished without the dedication to the hobby of the above companies and volunteers.
THANK YOU,
Roger
Old 07-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Minor question but rule 2.11.3 state that you must have your national flag on the wing. Are these stickers going to be provided by ROAR or should we get our own made?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Minor question but rule 2.11.3 state that you must have your national flag on the wing. Are these stickers going to be provided by ROAR or should we get our own made?
The event organizer (IFMAR) provides the sticker, remember the $$$ entry fee you paid
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
The event organizer (IFMAR) provides the sticker, remember the $$$ entry fee you paid
Now why didn't I think of that lol
Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer
IRA,

I had a long talk today with Bob Ingersoll, our Race Director for the Worlds, and he plans on the following format for THU, FRI, SAT, SUN;

Not sure the exact time but likely to be starting at 8:00 am on THU the 22nd. We will allow 10 drivers on the Drivers' Stand for a timed 10 minute practice (fuel provided). At the conclusion of the allotted time, 10 minutes, track closes for a change over of the next ten drivers in line. Track reopens for those drivers for the next 10 minute practice session and so on for the duration of each day. Not sure at what time the track will close each day but likely to be 5:00 pm unless we get a weather delay. Once track closes for the day, it is CLOSED for ALL drivers and no cars will be allowed on the track. As you can see from this format, you will be able to get on the track as often as the queue allows.

On MON morning we will fall into the IFMAR timeline with two rounds of practice heats followed with the Opening Ceremony.

Keep those cards and letters coming. See you soon,
Roger
Roger,
Thanks for the info.
See you in two weeks
Old 07-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer
I can only tell you that we (The Organizing Committee) and IFMAR are in discussions now with a vendor to provide this service but nothing has been finalized. We will post the announcement of an agreement and a link to the provider on our web site, so keep checking there for the most up to date information.
Roger
Chief Event Organizer
thanks, looking forward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.