R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #481
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
So are we going to get a clarification of this in the near future? If diffs are allowed I've seen some pretty close to a solid but technically not!!!!!!!!
IFMAR rules require: "No change to the rules or homologations will be permitted within four (4) months of a World Championship event, irrespective of the Section." As the host block, ROAR was only notified/consulted on this rule change five days ago, which is within the time period of the rule that prohibits the change. The ROAR President has asked for a clarification on this issue, especially regarding the implementation of the 3-speed transmission. It's curious based on logic alone, but a new transmission isn't something that you can produce effectively in such a short time frame. To say nothing of the fact that a 3-speed trans in the 1/10 class seems to go against all the basic principles on which the class was founded. Hopefully we'll have a clarification from IFMAR soon.

FYI - I also believe INS boxes will be required. Not certain, but I believe I read that somewhere as well.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #482
Tech Apprentice

Steve Pond for ROAR President 2010!!!
Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #483
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
...FYI - I also believe INS boxes will be required. Not certain, but I believe I read that somewhere as well.
5.8.1 Homologated mufflers of a double chamber design in conjunction with a homologated inlet noise silencer boxes (INS box) must be used.
*gk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #484
Tech Fanatic

There's what I read. ;o)

We received a reply that suggests the 3-speed may have been a typo. Clarification to come over the weekend.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #485
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I personally do not have an issue with INS filters being used...

I wonder if its technically a diff if you put silly putty inside of it? Its really hard, but you can turn the wheels independantly of each other. Although be careful not to twist the end off of a swing shaft,
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #486
Tech Fanatic

It appears there's a consensus that the three-speed rule was a typo error that survived too long before detection, and potentially spools, open diffs and one-way front axles will be permitted. I would wait until it's published in the rulebook for sure, but it looks like all will be well in the universe. ;o)
Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #487
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Wait a second.... Does this mean what I think it means???

A message forum was actually useful....... For something meaningful?

I quit!
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #488
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
The PDF is in two colors, red and black.... All the rules in black writing did not change from the previous update... All the rules written in red are new from the previous update... This PDF is dated February of 2010... The previously amended rules were October of 2007. The IFMAR rules are updated a few months before a world championship is about to commence. Hence three updates for this year will be Offroad Fuel, Onroad Sedan, and 1/10 Electric Onroad.

When Jim says that it usually means that he has a set of rules he is going by for the particular race he is at. It doesn't mean that they are the same everywhere he goes. Just that he is going to enforce the rules he has in hand.... In other words, if he was running this race, he would be given these rules and it would be "Rules are Rules, they don't change"
amen Sean

right or wrong they are the same for every one
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #489
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

5.1 The class run will be the 200mm Nitro Touring Car which will be 4WD. Only one (1) brake, working on the central power transmission, is allowed. No second or individual brake system(s) for front and/or rear axles or single wheels is allowed.

5.27 Not allowed:
 Solid front axle drive assembly (the front wheels must able to rotate independently of each other)

So spools are out clearly. oneway is legal because they can spin in one direction independently of the other. diff is legal, how close to jbweld can you get before ifmar considers it not independent.

btw, with regard to the 3 speed.. does this mean two on the gear and one in a transmission is possible? not that I would, but the wording seems to be there.

5.2 Maximum 2-speed gearbox allowed.

5.27 Not allowed:
" No more than 3-speed transmissions."

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #490
Tech Fanatic

^ I thought this was all just cleared up
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #491
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
^ I thought this was all just cleared up
it is but some guys jsut haven't heard about it yetthere it is in black and white you can say
Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #492
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

5.27 Not allowed:
" No more than 3-speed transmissions."

So, that means 3-speed trannies are mandatory now?

That's not good.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #493
Tech Fanatic

No, no, no. You guys are putting out bad information. IFMAR hasn't published a correction to the rules yet. Brian, you're reading the old rules as they were BEFORE this was brought up for correction. All you did was read the old rule that IFMAR is currently revising and get these guys whipped into a lather for nothing. Please be patient and wait for IFMAR's publication of a correction. Not one that happened two months ago, but THIS MONTH.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #494
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
No, no, no. You guys are putting out bad information. IFMAR hasn't published a correction to the rules yet. Brian, you're reading the old rules as they were BEFORE this was brought up for correction. All you did was read the old rule that IFMAR is currently revising and get these guys whipped into a lather for nothing. Please be patient and wait for IFMAR's publication of a correction. Not one that happened two months ago, but THIS MONTH.
Ahh sorry I was trying to clarify the last page that I read and only had the ifmar site to go by since I am not as closely in the loop as the rest of you and the rules do not really matter to me because the change is so minor I can just adjust to them at the race since there is the potential for the last minute track site vote.

1/8th is currently listed as "1:8 IC Track rules down for rechecking" so I assumed the rules posted "1:10 IC Track 100309" (3/9/2010) were the rules for this year but what RC organization really keeps their website up to the minute anyway.

What is there really to correct though? spool or not is just drivetrain weight even if you want a spool, its just a diff with 1mil oil since it technically turns. the 2/3 speed thing is just written weird is the only reason I brought it up because it was funny.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #495
Tech Addict

Default NEW INFORMATION POSTED

Good morning everyone,

As we get closer to the WC, IFMAR is finalizing it's list of approvals and rules. We understand that there is the possibility that a revision may be made to the 1/10th Rules that we we recently posted on our web site. IFMAR has informed us that they will send us a revised copy to post once the issues are resolved. I wlii also post an announcement to this thread letting you all know when it is posted.

As for NEW information, IFMAR just sent me the "APPROVED LISTS" for BODIES, MUFFLERS, and INS BOXES. These are now posted on the web site under the "World Championship Info" menu on the "IFMAR Rules" page.

http://www.2010ifmar200mmsedanworlds.com

See you soon in July,
Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote