Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #361
Tech Adept

Congrats paolo
Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #362
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default toso

Toso and Ralph got togeather in the first turn and both ended up on their hoods, they were both in the back of the field. Toso's battery failed him he had to get another one
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #363
Tech Adept

thanks for the update
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #364
Tech Regular

i read on one of the race results that Ralph Burch put down a 16.259 lap. is that right? that cant be.

thats blazin fast.
benben10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #365
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmodels View Post
thanks for the update
your welcome
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #366
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by benben10 View Post
i read on one of the race results that Ralph Burch put down a 16.259 lap. is that right? that cant be.

thats blazin fast.
One lap in qualifying. Most likely following a fuel stop.

It was odd because that was the only lap that was close to that time. The other fast laps were 16.5. Still, wildly fast.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Stranahan

Tuesday Practice for PreWorlds
There was a pretty good size crew out for Pre Worlds practice today. Was that Chris Tossolinini putting down some mid 17 laps with the touring car? yes it was! Lots of cars in the low 18's. Tomorrow it should get a bit busier.

Pre Worlds Continued
Qualifying continued under beautiful weather this Thursday. There was quite a bit of top notch talent at hand. Pits were well filled. Here are a few pics. Maybe Jeremy could post a few of the top finishers when the day ends.

Preworlds
Second Day of qualifying. Ralph Burch had the TQ when I left at about 3:00 PM. 35 laps 10:10. Josh Cyrul was on a 35 lap pace when I checked the screen. Chris Tossoliny threw down some low 16's in the morning warm up. Another day of beautiful weather. I had a nice chat with Joaquin de Soto, president of Serpent. He had a balky Tekin RX8. We fixed it up in the secret upstairs skunkworks room. The Tekin was installed in one of their just released 1/8th scale electric cars which they had on hand for testing. More details and electric car pic at this link.

Thats either Ralph Birch or Chris Tossolini running an exceptionally tight line in heat 3 coming off the sweeper.

Pre Worlds Main
This is the story of the main, as I remember it. First the TQ order was Chris Tossolini 1st, Ralph Burch 2cnd, Daniel Lelasi 3rd. There was an involved starting procedure for the A-main. About third on the list was a practice start. You have never seen anything quite so smooth. The cars returned to the straight after a full lap, untouched and bunched to less than ½ straight for all 11 cars. Then some troubles started. Giuseppe D’Angelo asked for a 10 minute wait which is allowed under the rules. Racers were asked to turn off engines; few did. Giuseppe returned after only a few minutes with the car in good shape but was put in last qualifying place as a penalty, Jilles Grosskamp moved up to fourth. Now the start. Wouldn’t you know it, Ralf Burch taps or makes contact with Chris Tossolini entering the sweeper, both cars roll over. Ralph’s car was marshaled into 10th place, Chris into 9th place. Chris improves this to 8th place and has a difficult problem with the car that may have resulted from the first lap crash on lap 17. It required searching the pits all the way to the BBQ pit to find a part. Ralph had the difficult task of catchup. Chis is impossibly behind. Several leaders emerge. Josh Cyrul leads quite a few laps until Ralph Burch caught him after clawing his way up the pack. I believe Daniel Delassi lead many laps early and made a crucial decision to take on new tires at 30.00 minutes. He never recovered. There was more excitement. Eventually Ralph Birch was in the lead but then he had a crucial flameout at 53.00 minutes. On the last two laps his car, I suspect, ran out of tire and started spinning out. Then it coughed and sputtered its way in on the last lap. This allowed Paolo Morganti to take over and win the main. Now during this race I saw Chis Tossolini pass Ralph Birch twice for laps, I believe. Having a clean start sure makes a difference. Congratulations Paolo.

Many thanks to Mike Eberle in the last pic for hosting this event.

JohnSt[email protected]
TeamCRC.com Mikes-HobbyShop.com

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-07-2010 at 09:40 PM.
John Stranahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #368
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Good Race, Thanks to all my sponsors, It was an great race that paolo took advantage of fuel/tire wear strategy. Best man won. There was some trouble in the start of the race but ended strong. As always tire wear was the game winner.

Here are some pics I took.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-ifmar-pre-worlds-003.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-ifmar-pre-worlds-004.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-ifmar-pre-worlds-005.jpg  
Rock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #369
Tech Adept

Here are a couple of pics of the podium and top ten drivers
Attached Thumbnails
2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2642.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2623.jpg  
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #370
Tech Adept

Here is a time sequence of the start, first turn.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2726.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2727.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2728.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2729.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2730.jpg  

Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #371
Tech Adept

these are the last four pics of the start time sequence (First turn)
Attached Thumbnails
2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2731.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2732.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2733.jpg   2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION-pre-worlds_2734.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #372
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
One lap in qualifying. Most likely following a fuel stop.

It was odd because that was the only lap that was close to that time. The other fast laps were 16.5. Still, wildly fast.
These guys were turning an an ocassional wild fast laps, so yes, it is accurate. I saw Tos pu down a 16:000 lap last night during practice.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #373
Tech Adept

Congratulations to Paolo and Team Serpert for the win. Also congratulations to all drives that made the final.

Thank you to all drivers that traveled long distances both from within the US and abroad to make this event a success. We hope to see you all again later this year and to those that did make it this time, we hopee to see you in July. This was a fun fivr day of racing.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #374
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to mbrasilracing
Thumbs up

Congratulations my friends Cesar Salvadori and Guilherme Rodrigues....
13 and 11 positions...... Would you like to see some photos and videos .

tks my friends.

visits my blog.
mbrasilracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 AM   #375
Tech Master

Congratulations to Paulo. What a great face.
Also, thank you Mike, for providing, such a great place for, knotheads to go and race. Also, Roger,Bob, and the rest of the crew, for running a good show.
For those that didn't make the trip, you have got to go race at this track.
There will be another race in May, in which, lots of the same, world class drivers will be back. Plus a few more.
They also, will hold a South West Series race at the end of this month. So plenty of chances, to practice, before the worlds.
Promofo.com, should have some great video up, in a few days. Griz, does some great stuff.
It was fun, hope everyone gets a chance to, race at this track.
WARDO is offline   Reply With Quote