R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Kyosho RRR, XRay NT1 or Serpent 7xxx (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/297534-kyosho-rrr-xray-nt1-serpent-7xxx.html)

LowBoost 05-16-2009 07:58 PM

Kyosho RRR, XRay NT1 or Serpent 7xxx

OK - Getting back to RC and nitro sedan. Three choices in mind.
Preference Order:

Serpent 7xx (When released later this year 933?)
XRay NT1 2009
Kyosho RRR Evo2 WC

I would like an easy to drive, responsive car that does not need too many mods or parts to be replaced to have it running great. Club racing. No bashing.

Suggestions? Which motor/pipe combo should I get?

Kyo83 05-16-2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by LowBoost (Post 5821161)
OK - Getting back to RC and nitro sedan. Three choices in mind:

Kyosho RRR Evo2 WC
XRay NT1
Serpent 7xx (When released later this year)

I would like an easy to drive, responsive car that does not need too many mods or parts to be replaced to have it running great.

Suggestions? Which motor/pipe combo should I get?

:confused:To do what!? Bash around in the parking lots? To run up and down the neiborhood street? Club race once a week or Serious race (Full blown competitions)?

You really need to be more clear if you want some good honest suggestion for this questions.

I mean anyone of those cars would fill the bill for all the things I listed but do you wnat to spend $400+ dollars if you are just going to rip and run in the parking lots or up and down your street.

You said you were getting back into RC but you didn't say at what level, so I just think you should clarify for everyong so we can help out.

LowBoost 05-16-2009 09:54 PM

Kyo:

I plan on doing club racing. Permanent track. No bashing at all. I would rarely do some parking lot track racing.. but 99% club racing.

Nitro-Racer* 05-17-2009 04:30 AM

i would say xray nt1 the best choice. it is very durable and you do not need any special parts to get it running like you want. dont expect a straight answer from your question because everybody will be voting the car that they own and like. choice one that you like. whichever you get is a good car.

r3nos 05-17-2009 04:32 AM

I agree with Nitro Racer here.

Choice the one you like and especially one you can get parts for easily :)

staikosn1 05-17-2009 05:06 AM

XRAY-RB R3 i think is your choise. Really good car with a really good engine.....

Kyo83 05-17-2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by LowBoost (Post 5821544)
Kyo:

I plan on doing club racing. Permanent track. No bashing at all. I would rarely do some parking lot track racing.. but 99% club racing.

Ok...so all three of those cars are good racers, out the box. All you'll need to do is build/set them up to your track and driving style.

Originally Posted by r3nos (Post 5822210)
I agree with Nitro Racer here.

Choice the one you like and especially one you can get parts for easily :)

Like these guys said....getting a car that has available parts (perferably in your area or at your club/track) would be the best choice. Yes there are a few clunkers out there, but most of the $350+ cars are ready for racing...assuming you built it correctly...no need for any extra hopups (that's why they cost so much to begin with. Your driving skills and style will dictate what makes a good car for you.

If you're on the boards alot, then get yourself a nitro truck or tank:lol: (j/k) otherwise any car is capable in the hands of a good driver.

AS far as engines go. Here's a few:

GRP
Team Orion CRF12
I've herad good things about this one, here on the forum: JL EVO 3 .12 RED DOT Pipe not included.

KyoshokiddT.D 05-17-2009 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kyo83 (Post 5822828)
Ok...so all three of those cars are good racers, out the box. All you'll need to do is build/set them up to your track and driving style.

Like these guys said....getting a car that has available parts (perferably in your area or at your club/track) would be the best choice. Yes there are a few clunkers out there, but most of the $350+ cars are ready for racing...assuming you built it correctly...no need for any extra hopups (that's why they cost so much to begin with. Your driving skills and style will dictate what makes a good car for you.

If you're on the boards alot, then get yourself a nitro truck or tank:lol: (j/k) otherwise any car is capable in the hands of a good driver.

AS far as engines go. Here's a few:

GRP
Team Orion CRF12
I've herad good things about this one, here on the forum: JL EVO 3 .12 RED DOT Pipe not included.

All three of the cars you mentioned are really good cars. I prefer the kyosho but you would have to get what you can get parts for. go to your local track and see what people are running. you wouldn't want to get a car and go to the track and see nobody running it. hope this helps:nod:

As for motors i would get a murnan modified. www.murnanmodified.com

LowBoost 05-17-2009 09:57 AM

Most common car at track is the Kyosho, which happens to be the one I like the least.

I like NT1 a lot, although parts are on the expensive side...besides I don't like the idea of a new car/parts every year.

Serpent is the one I like to most. I would have bought the latest version, but a new model is coming out. The shop stocks a nice amount of parts for all these. Otherwise I can order via Internet.

KyoshokiddT.D 05-17-2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by LowBoost (Post 5822976)
Most common car at track is the Kyosho, which happens to be the one I like the least.

I like NT1 a lot, although parts are on the expensive side...besides I don't like the idea of a new car/parts every year.

Serpent is the one I like to most. I would have bought the latest version, but a new model is coming out. The shop stocks a nice amount of parts for all these. Otherwise I can order via Internet.

why dont you like the kyosho and no they dont come out with a car every year the kyosho rrr has been basically the same platform since 2005 and it also has the most wcs under it belt the car is an awesome desighn and easy to work on. also the parts dont cost an arm and a leg to buy.

LowBoost 05-17-2009 12:21 PM

I never said Kyosho comes with a new car every year... I said XRay. ;)

I was almost set on Kyosho, but I guess I will wait for the new Serpent car, unless I can find a really nice deal for a new RRR Evo2 WC.

KyoshokiddT.D 05-17-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by LowBoost (Post 5823350)
I never said Kyosho comes with a new car every year... I said XRay. ;)

I was almost set on Kyosho, but I guess I will wait for the new Serpent car, unless I can find a really nice deal for a new RRR Evo2 WC.

u got pm

aizenbelle 05-17-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D (Post 5822904)
All three of the cars you mentioned are really good cars. I prefer the kyosho but you would have to get what you can get parts for. go to your local track and see what people are running. you wouldn't want to get a car and go to the track and see nobody running it. hope this helps:nod:

As for motors i would get a murnan modified. www.murnanmodified.com

Dont be afraid to get a car that no one else is driving nothing wrong with that. But like you mentioned if you will be doing plenty of racetrack racing and need to get parts on the regular get a Kyosho RRR The most common Car out there. I personally like my TM but I always have to get my parts Online way cheaper than getting parts for other cars at the local store:cry:.

beta bob 05-17-2009 01:27 PM

Pretty much all three of those cars you won't need to buy hop ups for and like others said the best car for you is the one that you have good part support for and all the cars pretty much come with everything you absolutley need except for the new serpent because no one knows what is to come with it or what it looks like but it should be just as good as the kyosho or xray. But another good car is the mugen mtx-4r its just as reliable as the rest and you don't need any hop-ups for it. For a good motor you could get the JLR Red dot or the O.S. tz which both are suppose to be the best bang for your buck motors and you would have to ask what pipe would work best with them because i dont own one. Hope this helps

LowBoost 05-17-2009 01:29 PM

Anyone knows where I can find a new Kyosho RRR Evo2 WC?
I can't find it anywhere... any particular reason it is not available?

Is Kyosho releasing a new car soon?

Beta:

I have heard good things about that motor... teamed with a Picco 2607 pipe.