R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2003, 04:09 AM   #121
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Why would you need to test decals?
Aerodynamics?

Don't ask me for the physics though!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:30 PM   #122
Tech Adept
 
The Sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 123
Default

Hate to butt in here with a old, dying topic but I wanted to post this.

Earlier in this thread there was a talk about spring rates and what determines that. One of the last things I said was I wish HPI would list the spring rates for the springs they sell for the R40.

Well guess what...

Toward the back of the R40 manual there are some specs for the car. And wouldn't you know it, right there in black and white, are the spring rates I was saying HPI needed to list. DUHHHHH

Ok HPI, I apologize...

So anyhow,,, back to what was being discussed here.

Hey EVOLUTION,

What's the physics behind aerodynamic??
The Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:35 AM   #123
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Aerodynamics?

Don't ask me for the physics though!
Aerodynamics is the study of the flow of gases around solid objects of various shapes. Once the flow pattern is understood then it becomes possible to calculate or approximate the forces and moments acting on the body. It is this mathematical analysis and empirical approximation that becomes the scientific basis for purchasing a Protoform Stratus.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:46 AM   #124
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Aerodynamics is the study of the flow of gases around solid objects of various shapes. Once the flow pattern is understood then it becomes possible to calculate or approximate the forces and moments acting on the body. It is this mathematical analysis and empirical approximation that becomes the scientific basis for purchasing a Protoform Stratus.

This is why I didn't explain the physics,I was waiting for the master's apprentice to help me out.

Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day


http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/Aerodynamics

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 12-29-2003 at 08:00 AM.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:05 AM   #125
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
This is why I didn't explain the physics,I was waiting for the master's apprentice to help me out.

Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day


http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/Aerodynamics
Have a look at that, those mongrels copied me nearly word for word.

But, aint Google marvelous.

http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/text/confucius.shtml
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:13 AM   #126
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Have a look at that, those mongrels copied me nearly word for word.

But, aint Google marvelous.

http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/text/confucius.shtml
You should have put a copyright on your words !

So should Confucius.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17930


Man who run behind car get exhausted.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:20 AM   #127
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

well, copy is far better than inventing something stupid. you know what, physician are mostly stupid !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:18 AM   #128
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
I got yer clog right here. LOL
OZ guys are having summer so their rubbin it in.
. . . Oh, is it cold where you are, then?
It was 40.5 C here, today . . . that's, what . . about 105 F in US money.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:24 AM   #129
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
I got yer clog right here. LOL
OZ guys are having summer so their rubbin it in.
. . . Oh, is it cold where you are, then?
It was 40.5 C here today . . . that's, what . . about 105 F in US money.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Correct Droop Setting...Help! Terry M Electric On-Road 15 04-26-2008 12:20 AM
Setting droop on mtx-4 saul Nitro On-Road 4 11-12-2006 09:49 AM
setting droop on droop blocks mrgsr Nitro On-Road 3 01-08-2006 07:01 PM
re-setting tc3 droop? kh15 Electric On-Road 11 10-13-2004 03:56 PM
Droop setting in 1/8 buggy sipaboy Electric Off-Road 2 01-03-2004 12:06 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:18 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net