R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-18-2003, 06:59 PM   #61
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
my advice, save your hardsell job here. or you may put up your offer at the buy and sell section.
Wow, couldn't come up with anything better ? Thats quite alrite. I will take your advice. Thank You.

MY R&D testing and advice will be up for everyone who wants to know when I post in this thread. On which filter is the best for all R/C Cars.

Thank You

Chris

P.S. This is for Manticore If you read all my post, I NEVER Recommended a K&N filter.
993power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:06 PM   #62
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by 993power
P.S. This is for Manticore If you read all my post, I NEVER Recommended a K&N filter.
So, what is your recommendation for people to use on their RC car?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #63
Tech Apprentice

I recommend everyone, if they could do some testing and see which is the best air filter if their time so chooses. If no one doesn't want to or does have time, then that's cool, not everyone has time to do anything in this world now.

While, myself, I'm going to try my best to do as much R&D testing on my free time, to see which is the best.

Have a happy Holiday

chris
Old 12-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hey, you would use a K&N air filter 5/8" inlet made for crankcase ventilation. I can get one for you for about $20.00 shipped. To your door. I work for a car shop, that fixes up imports for turbocharging etc..

chris
so what is this you were talking about ?

I do read your post

and by the way, how would you know I havent used K&N filter by any mean? I used this little shinny filter one day last year and trashed it right the way the same night...............
Old 12-19-2003, 12:59 AM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Where does it say ANYWHERE in that quote that I recommend it ? I just told him which one he would use and if he did want to buy one I can get it for him. Re read it again.

chris

If you used it, then good for you, why didn't you say that in the first place then for people to see that you have ?
Old 12-19-2003, 01:20 AM   #66
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

993power:

it would be great to see some real tests done besides magazine tests. you did mention "dust" which would indicate minor penetration through the filter unit (which i'm assumed is oiled properly, etc.) but without harming the lining of the piston or sleeve.

just some constructive advice for further tests would be comparison of effectiveness on asphault and dirt tracks. if the engine can make it through a main without breathing in particles then i'd say the filter is effective enough. also if you can post some pics of the sleeve & piston after running the tests that would really be awesome.

manticore:

although i do have my doubts of K&N filter's effectiveness, i reserve judgment until more tests are done.

if you did trash the K&N filter the same night you used it, it would have been helpful if you took a pic of the engine internals that it destroyed: as that is the only reason i could think of to throw something away as garbage.

Last edited by icon; 12-19-2003 at 01:34 AM.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 01:33 AM   #67
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
993power:

it would be great to see some real tests done besides magazine tests. you did mention "dust" which would indicate minor penetration through the filter unit (which i'm assumed is oiled properly, etc.) but without harming the lining of the piston or sleeve.

just some constructive advice for further tests would be comparison of effectiveness on asphault and dirt tracks. if the engine can make it through a main without breathing in particles then i'd say the filter is effective enough. also if you can post some pics of the sleeve & piston after running the tests that would really be awesome.

manticore:

although i do have my doubts of K&N filter's effectiveness, i do reserve judgment until more tests are done.

if you did trash the K&N filter the same night, it would have been great if you took a pic of the engine internals that it destroyed: as that is the only reason i could think of to throw something away as garbage.
doesnt need to strip down the engine, fine dirt are all over the carb intake
Old 12-19-2003, 01:36 AM   #68
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

wow, that sux. no wonder you hate those things so much. glad i stick with motorsavers.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 01:37 AM   #69
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
wow, that sux. no wonder you hate those things so much. glad i stick with motorsavers.
i dont hate but just think this shinny thing sucks !
Old 12-20-2003, 01:26 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice

any pics of this ?

Surprisingly enough, if you go to this url: http://www.parisracing.com/K&N.htm

"Paris teamed up with K&N Engineering, the most respected name in racing air filtration. The rubber mounting base features a locking lip that registers on most popular carbs with an alignment grove to keep the tie-wrap in perfect position. This filter stays on: there is a carb restrictor locating groove inside. Comes with filter oil and a foam pre-filter for severe conditions. Cleaning and oil kits available separately."

Gee i wonder why Ron Paris and Paris racing is still using this, if you say it sucks ?

chris
Old 12-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
any pics of this ?

Surprisingly enough, if you go to this url: http://www.parisracing.com/K&N.htm

"Paris teamed up with K&N Engineering, the most respected name in racing air filtration. The rubber mounting base features a locking lip that registers on most popular carbs with an alignment grove to keep the tie-wrap in perfect position. This filter stays on: there is a carb restrictor locating groove inside. Comes with filter oil and a foam pre-filter for severe conditions. Cleaning and oil kits available separately."

Gee i wonder why Ron Paris and Paris racing is still using this, if you say it sucks ?

chris

These are the Paris filters and NOT the breather automotive filters.To use that page as an arguement for a different filter doesn't hold.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

But none the less, K&N did still make the Filter. The construction is the same, I will contact K&N on monday and see what it is made up of.

chris
Old 12-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #73
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I us the k&n on my motor made me think twice about it since everyone is puting there oppinion on it some more than others. one thing i was told about it is that you cant kill the motor as a LAST resort if throttle is stuck wide open cant smash the k&n like foam.
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
But none the less, K&N did still make the Filter. The construction is the same, I will contact K&N on monday and see what it is made up of.

chris
Not so fast sunshine and none the less nothing.

That is not what you implied in your previous post !

You used the paris K&N filter as an arguement against manticore even though manticore was talking about the "shiny" filter which is not the same as the rubber top paris filter.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 04:06 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Quote:

chris
Just want to point out that Ron Paris passed away a few years ago.
EuroKRN is offline   Reply With Quote