R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Setup for driving in rain

Hi everybody,
first, i want to say sorry for my bad english.

At the next weekend, i will attend a race and the weather seems to get bad (->windy and rainy). So, now i want to ask you guys how to setup my Xray NT1.

I will use rain tires. They are made of durex and they have a profile (i hope you know what I mean)

I adjusted the front toe to 1°(out) and the rear toe to 1.5° (in). In front, the camber is 0.5° and 0.25° on the rear wheels.
I also detached the rear anti-roll bar and i setted up my shock absorbers that they will work more softly.

What remains to be done?

Thanks for your help.
FromGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
Hi everybody,
first, i want to say sorry for my bad english.

At the next weekend, i will attend a race and the weather seems to get bad (->windy and rainy). So, now i want to ask you guys how to setup my Xray NT1.

I will use rain tires. They are made of durex and they have a profile (i hope you know what I mean)

I adjusted the front toe to 1°(out) and the rear toe to 1.5° (in). In front, the camber is 0.5° and 0.25° on the rear wheels.
I also detached the rear anti-roll bar and i setted up my shock absorbers that they will work more softly.

What remains to be done?

Thanks for your help.
.in the US we go in when it rains.......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Balloon for you receiver
TOUBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah...you guys in Europe are hard-core. We don't race much in the rain unless it starts after we started, however some place will still quit depending on how hard its raining.

With that said, make sure to cover up you electronics. I think just changing your driving lines will help alot too.
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Use some cleaning putty to seal the balloon, it works for sure !
Also use a 2nd ballon to be sure the 1st one will not get damaged.

Do not use an airfilter! If you are using an INSBOX just cut off the foamfilter so it can not run full with water and block the airflow.
In hard rain it is wise to be sure to keep temperature in the engine, place a sheet of lexan between the chassis and motormount so the chassis will not cool down the engine. Also use a smaller head or even some do not use a head. This head is from an airplane

I do not change a lot on the car, creating more roll by taking away the swaybar can mess up the performance of the car, the only thing I do is minimise the camber and loosen the srews which adjust the play on the rear swaybar. The extra play will give a small roll into the car but the swaybar will pick it up when the roll goes to far.

And when you have aqua's it is time to play !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZSr4FFvOM
Old 05-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice drifts Roelof especially considering the type of car you're doing it with. I wish I could have seen that in person

Last edited by Kyo83; 05-12-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Hi,
thank you guys for your answers. I have already proofed the electrik against water. This is not my problem. I only want to know how you setup your cars (chassis).

I will test the adjustments and I will tell you after the race, how good it worked.

Thank you for your help.
FromGermany is offline   Reply With Quote