R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Serpent 705 Conversion (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/29415-serpent-705-conversion.html)

sungtaz 12-14-2003 06:18 PM

Serpent 705 Conversion

1 Attachment(s)
Question : Carbon main chassis to GP?
Do not worry.
I tested carbon main chassis during the last summer(Average 36กษ).
And there was no entirely heating of engine.
Finally, on road car's engine cooling is independent on material
Question : Why do you use carbon main chassis?
Carbon is very rigid so carbon keeps the orginal form also it is very light.
Everybody wants to keep there own setting but ordinary chassis will be tweaked easily
when you get crash.
You never mind the tweak of your main chassis if you have our carbon main chassis.
Carbon supplements uncomfortable of running with its stability

sungtaz 12-14-2003 06:19 PM

705 Laydown Steering System

1 Attachment(s)
Look Like 710..............WOW

Que 12-14-2003 06:42 PM

Where can get the laydown parts for the 705

Where oh where can i get the laydown servo conversion for the 705??????????????:nod:

GoldFinger 12-14-2003 06:52 PM

Re: 705 Laydown Steering System

Originally posted by sungtaz
Look Like 710..............WOW

Is it 3rd party or Snake optionals?

InitialD 12-14-2003 06:56 PM

Re: Re: 705 Laydown Steering System

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Is it 3rd party or Snake optionals?
I don't think it's from Serpent. It should be from a 3rd party.

Randy Caster 12-14-2003 07:01 PM

I just dont see why someone would come out with this conversion, as nice as it does look, right as the 710 is bieng released...

InitialD 12-14-2003 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Randman
I just dont see why someone would come out with this conversion, as nice as it does look, right as the 710 is bieng released...
A lot of people are still having their 705. So why not?:sweat:

MrChan 12-14-2003 07:14 PM

I have seen these option part for 705 before. and It was not the laydown servo ..just the carbon options and still remain the normal way for 705. NO LAYDOWN SERVO !! .

I have builded the 710 last saturday, The car is very nice and light and I don't see that 705 could be converted to 710 ...It's impossible .. Everything is diffence ..except FC Steering Box and Fuel Tank !!..

Randy Caster 12-14-2003 07:26 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
A lot of people are still having their 705. So why not?:sweat:
I'd just think that if you already have a 705, and were looking to upgrade, the 710 would be in the future...

InitialD 12-14-2003 07:33 PM

I'd just think that if you already have a 705, and were looking to upgrade, the 710 would be in the future...
Some of us (like myself) are still holding on to our 705 because we still like this car. Not everybody goes for the latest and greatest. So having the option to upgrade the current 705 would be nice but then again, it all boils down to price.

InitialD 12-14-2003 07:35 PM

Originally posted by MrChan
I have seen these option part for 705 before. and It was not the laydown servo ..just the carbon options and still remain the normal way for 705. NO LAYDOWN SERVO !! .
Who makes them?

Originally posted by MrChan
I have builded the 710 last saturday, The car is very nice and light and I don't see that 705 could be converted to 710 ...It's impossible .. Everything is diffence ..except FC Steering Box and Fuel Tank !!..
Woow, it looks like you're one of the early birds to get the 710 ! I assume they have already arrived in Singapore? How many kits arrived? Any pics?:sneaky: :D

Randy Caster 12-14-2003 07:35 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
Some of us (like myself) are still holding on to our 705 because we still like this car. Not everybody goes for the latest and greatest. So having the option to upgrade the current 705 would be nice but then again, it all boils down to price.
I just figured that most would like to go with the newest platform, especially because of it's low CG. Serpent propably wouldn't have released the car if they didn't believe that it was a bit better than the 705.

InitialD 12-14-2003 07:45 PM

I just figured that most would like to go with the newest platform, especially because of it's low CG. Serpent propably wouldn't have released the car if they didn't believe that it was a bit better than the 705.
I hope you did not get me wrong by inferring that those who are still holding on top their 705 are heretics in protest and do not believe Serpent that the 710 is indeed a better car than the 705.

Some people need to get and race the latest and greatest. Some people like myself, look at fun part of racing. And to top it off, I have plenty spares that I could use on the current 705.

GoldFinger 12-14-2003 07:55 PM

Totally agree.
What we were talking here is a matter of choice.
I do kept my 705 and this Thursday I should start to build 710.

PUNISHER 12-14-2003 08:04 PM

705 Conversion

I've seen that Carbon kit on E-bay. Pricey considering you can buy a new 705 kit for almost the price as that Carbon kit.:cool:

As for the laydown steering option kit MrChan is correct..........No LAYDOWN SERVO!!:lol: