R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #106
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to TeamPursuit

We have to move on in this business drivers came and go the important is race and have an grate time!!!
TeamPursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #107
Tech Apprentice

Xuse me, i have a question to the PT1 (1/8 Scale)
Time ago, the car had OS1 System for rims. On teamside, iīve seen, that now there are OS2 Rims on car.
Can anyone tell me, what is different to old version?
And, is the PT1 made by Edam or is one of both a copy from another?
And, last question.. has anyone Detail-pictures from PT1?
Thanks alot from germany
LM
Leichtmetall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #108
Tech Adept

ok here we go the PT1 1/8 is made OEM by EDAM the car has an new suspension to work with muguen and Kyosho stile rams go to www.pursuitracing.com there you will find pictures about the car
if you need more info send e-mail to [email protected]
Old 08-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #109
Tech Apprentice

Thanks a lot
Iīll send Email because on Webside i canīt see Details of suspension
LM
Old 08-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 293 (100%+)

Both cars are manufactured by EDAM. However, the new car has a new chassis to take the battery pack under the fuel tank. The axles have been updated to use the same ones used by Mugen and Kyosho cars. Still working on the suspension components to make the car better. Hope this helps.
rcdoktor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #111
Tech Apprentice

Hello
I have the Edam Razor. My Batteries are under Fuel-tank, 5-AAA-Cels. So i think, my Chasis is not old, it was a Package from this Year, i think it was February, i bought.
But, i have to mount the old OS1 Rims.
Update for the Axels i didnīt hear anything, i was told from distributor, there will come an update to OS2 (Mugen, Shepherd, Kyosho ....)
The car is simple build, but it is fast, nearly than an MX4X. And the best... parts are very cheap.
Some pictures of Razor you can find here:
w.lmi-racing.com/edamracing/0000009b450f4160c/0000009b470c26b0d/index.php
So i have to search and look about difference of parts for using OS2 Rims.
Thanks
Leichti
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #112
Tech Regular

Friend of mine modified my razor to run with OS2 / kyosho rims. The front is very easy as he just shorten the wheel drive pin to use with kyosho rims. The rear he shorten the track and modified the quick release lever to use with kyosho rims. The only issue is with the drive shaft as it is too long. As the stock one is 60mm in total and I need something around 55mm to makes it fit properly. I know some old serpent drive would fit but can't find it anywhere.......
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 293 (100%+)

Lechti - the new chassis uses the flat 5 cell pack like the ones used in the MRX4 cars. I should have been clearer on this. I run the older PT1 and just working to modify as the new parts come in. If you email Terry he can give you the part numbers that you need. Hope this helps.
rcdoktor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #114
Tech Regular

This is my car. It have the new chassis which is very narrow at the battery area and it is grey compare to the earlier one which are silver.
Attached Thumbnails
Born an a Champion Pursuit SPT1!!!-cimg1051.jpg   Born an a Champion Pursuit SPT1!!!-cimg1053.jpg  
Old 08-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #115
Tech Adept

look @ www.pursuitracing.com we will put the kit for sale this came week
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #116
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
........... The rear he shorten the track and ................
Sorry, my english is not good enough to understand this.
Kyosho-rims have an offset of ~3mm against the OS1-rims. For maximum of 267mm, i have to make the wishbones smaller or have another knuckles. Shorter wishbones will have negative Effekt to setup.
The German distributor told me, that upgrade-kit to OS2 will come for Edam Razor, but he couldnīt say the time.
With battery-pack i have only the smal Problem, that the AAA-Cells will not have more than 1100maH. 45 Minutes and then they are empty.
The new Razor kits have the Chasis for 2/3 A-Cells included.
All iīll try, is to get the car a little faster in corners. (And with OS1 Rims i cant try much other tires, because GRP and one other is selling ready-tires)
Leichti
Old 09-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #117
Tech Regular

I just changed to Mugan upright H0140B, outdrive H0222, quick release lever H0279 and King pin D0105R (you need 2 bags as it comes in 2 per bag) (the ball is slightly smaller than Edam ball (8.4mm vs 8mm) the aluminum nut would fit, you just need to trim the plastic spacer inside). As the outdrive is lot shorter. Without shortening the stock arm my car is 263mm wide now with this setup. And you can use the stock drive shaft too. Very simple and no modification necessary.
The new kit do not include any receiver battery. I am running a lipo pack, 1500 or 1800mah, sorry can't remember and I do not have any issue running a 60min main. The space is a little tight I rase the fuel tank by 2mm to makes it fit properly. I am running stock green spring with 500 shock oil, 35 tires front and rear and the car seems to handle quite well. It push slightly but as our track is a mid size track and most are high speed corners I am very happy with the setup. For track with tight corner you may like to try softer springs up front. Will try to post some pictures after work today.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #118
Tech Regular

You can see from the last picture the mugen upright is narrower compare to the stock Edam upright. So you do not need to shorten the a arm to get the right track. My car now is 263mm and I still have room to widen or narrow it if I want to. I am running the stock Edam dog bone now. If you want you can switch to Mugen cv joint. And I am not 100% sure but the up right from shepard should fit too.
Attached Thumbnails
Born an a Champion Pursuit SPT1!!!-cimg1068.jpg   Born an a Champion Pursuit SPT1!!!-cimg1069.jpg   Born an a Champion Pursuit SPT1!!!-cimg1071.jpg  
Old 09-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #119
Tech Apprentice

Hello
Thanks a lot for help, specially for the Mugen-numbers. So i can take them and change my Rim-System for next Time to OS2.
And yes, battery is not included. But, my chassis has hole for 5 AAA-Batterys, the newer for 2/3A, same as mugen and elder serpent. Lipo i donīt wanna use, because i have to brake down power to 6 volts with regulator, but with full loaded 5-cells, i have 7 volts and very quick servos. a full loaded lipo has more than 8 volts, and i think this is to much....

I tried a lot for Setup. With the green serial Springs, my car was not so good. Iīm using this time the elder blue Serpent-Springs (909418) and iīm happy with them. 25 serpent oil in front and 40 in rear shok-absorbers.
here in Germany, special in Bavaria, the tracks are not only fast, there are most time slow corners and fast corners in mix. For fast corners i trim the car with the flap on rear of body, but in middle-fast-corners or corners, where i have to brake to go in and with gas out, i have small problems. Car is then understeering.
My home-race-track is Here>>>Köditz<<<
Corner, corner, corner... left, right, left, right-left-right,....i need agressive steering. if i use smoother springs in front, the steering is less agressive, but more gripp. On this track, i was somethme driving with only 1 degree toe in in rear for a little drift in corners. it is fast, but difficult and such a race for over 30 minutes... the mistakes come often.
With same engine, iīm loosing 7/10 per round against good other drivers, but not on straight... im loosing time by going into and out of corners.
In moment, i mount the steering-steel from servosaver to steering-blocks not on, i mount them UNDER the steering-block. (I hope, you can understand what i mean) this bring me a little bit more toe in on outside-wheel, wenn i turn into corner and brake.
Has anybody tried another servo-saver, i mean the position of the balls? i would like to make new holes for mounting them near to another for another ackerman. i hope, that will bring more toe-in on outside wheel during steering.
LM

Last edited by Leichtmetall; 09-02-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #120
Tech Regular

Nice fast track. The one I race in is a lot slower. The straight is around 40M. I tried the Edam purple front (I think 1.8) and x-ray Dark red back. It is very fast in the slow section but same issue with you it will push under heavy brakeing. I switch to Green front and rear and it seem to solve this issue. But the rear end will be slightly loose but I like to drive it this way. Maybe you can try harder oil too as 25 front the front end will dive very fast under hard brakeing. I am running 50 now and will try 60 front next time. BTW: What tires are you running? I am running 33front and 35 rear now. For the rear toe I am running 2 degree. I find 1 degree the tail slide too much and very hard to control. Have fun with your Edam.
Attached Thumbnails
Born an a Champion Pursuit SPT1!!!-trc-1.jpg