R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-13-2003, 01:28 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default 2 stroke engine dyno?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew anyone or a place that sells Engine dyno's for .12 or .21 engines ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays

chris
993power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 06:35 AM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I know RCCA had one in an issue a couple years ago, the engine was hooked up to an electric motor, and the power was read from that, I dont know if it ever made it to production though...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:23 AM   #3
afm
Tech Master

Yes, the ad appeared in the winter 2000 edition of RCCA, never saw it again, but you might want to give them a call and see if they still do those dynos.
Holeshot Racing Products
P.O. Box 630, Canton Ma. 02021
Ph. & Fax. (508)587-0663

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:34 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will be offering a dedicated inertia engine dyno to the public next year. complete package with data acquision. Obviously it wont be for everyone and will be rather expensive. however due to the fact that I will only be producing 40 or so a year this is understandable. It wont be 10 grand like the one land and sea sells but i expect it to be 1500 to 2000 dollars. The data acquisition hardware just drives the price really high. The user will have to provide his own laptop and or computer obviously. Also there are obviously saftey risks and liability that go along with a piece of hardware like this so before the sale of a unit obviously a screening will have to occur. The prototype is very close to being done. I've been working on this deal over a year now.

It will support 12's 15's and 21's

I will also be offering dyno services for those who are not in the market to own a dedicated machine.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:48 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
I will also be offering dyno services for those who are not in the market to own a dedicated machine.
Not that I want to dyno my own engines but how much would that be to dyno an engine roughly? I assume it will come with some sort of short data aquisition report?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
I will be offering a dedicated inertia engine dyno to the public next year. complete package with data acquision. Obviously it wont be for everyone and will be rather expensive. however due to the fact that I will only be producing 40 or so a year this is understandable. It wont be 10 grand like the one land and sea sells but i expect it to be 1500 to 2000 dollars. The data acquisition hardware just drives the price really high. The user will have to provide his own laptop and or computer obviously. Also there are obviously saftey risks and liability that go along with a piece of hardware like this so before the sale of a unit obviously a screening will have to occur. The prototype is very close to being done. I've been working on this deal over a year now.

It will support 12's 15's and 21's

I've read you talking about your own dyno for years,good to see it's coming along!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote