R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #61
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
720-09 becomes history or "stock".

in fact, i am excited to wait the new car debut. my speculation is that we will not need to wait too long to see, no matter there is any denial of how its name should be 721 or 7xx.(no offense).but serpent is brave that it doesn't wait x brand to launch its new "similar-to-other" car first. definitely a credit.

by the way, it's good to learn that is a ofna's.
Please stop saying that it is an Ofna. If two people are bald-headed, do you say both of them are equal or similiar? Of course not.

If it has a receiver box, does it mean its an Xray?
If it has the servo like that, does it mean its a GPX4 or G4?
If it has quick diff changing, does it mean its a MTX-4?
If it has rear aluminum bulkhead, does it mean its a 966?
If it has a long battery 2/3A, does it mean its a Kyosho RRR, or maybe MTX-4, or even NT1? (Wow, they all have the same battery)

I can keep going and going. So please, stop making yourself be stupid.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
720-09 becomes history or "stock".

in fact, i am excited to wait the new car debut. my speculation is that we will not need to wait too long to see, no matter there is any denial of how its name should be 721 or 7xx.(no offense).but serpent is brave that it doesn't wait x brand to launch its new "similar-to-other" car first. definitely a credit.

by the way, it's good to learn that is a ofna's.
I am getting my long range len ready this weekend....
RC paparazzi!
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice

Last edited by kitracer; 05-14-2009 at 08:13 AM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #63
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Please stop saying that it is an Ofna. If two people are bald-headed, do you say both of them are equal or similiar? Of course not.

If it has a receiver box, does it mean its an Xray?
If it has the servo like that, does it mean its a GPX4 or G4?
If it has quick diff changing, does it mean its a MTX-4?
If it has rear aluminum bulkhead, does it mean its a 966?
If it has a long battery 2/3A, does it mean its a Kyosho RRR, or maybe MTX-4, or even NT1? (Wow, they all have the same battery)

I can keep going and going. So please, stop making yourself be stupid.
i think you must have problem understanding this. Someone wrote and said couple posts earlier that that photo was a ofna. What's matter with it????
it is funny. bad economy mades people crazy!!!!!?????
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #64
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Anyway the CAD picture is an OLD one, it is not going to be called a 725, just wait till Serpent officially launch the new car, as Paolo said, the new car will be awesome.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #65
Tech Adept
 
ProE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default

They are using a Program called Pro/Engineer. The name "simp reps:S725" that you are seeing is a SIMPLIFIED REPRESENTATION of the main assembly. That doesn't even mean that the cadd model is called the same. It could be called anything.
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #66
Tech Adept
 
ProE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default

Here is an example to prove the name means nothing. this is the bumper of S400 but it says S725 in the bottom corner, Which it is NOT.
Forget about the name.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 721 new 1/10 touring-not-s725.jpg  
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #67
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE View Post
They are using a Program called Pro/Engineer. The name "simp reps:S725" that you are seeing is a SIMPLIFIED REPRESENTATION of the main assembly. That doesn't even mean that the cadd model is called the same. It could be called anything.
I dont think they are using Pro-Engineer (i may be wrong). But I know they are using a similar program. Dont think its SolidWorks either.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #68
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE View Post
Here is an example to prove the name means nothing. this is the bumper of S400 but it says S725 in the bottom corner, Which it is NOT.
Forget about the name.
Good point!
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #69
Tech Addict
 
LeoChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 567
Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan
Default

some hours will test !
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #70
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I dont think they are using Pro-Engineer (i may be wrong). But I know they are using a similar program. Dont think its SolidWorks either.
They are using Pro-Engineer.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #71
Tech Adept
 
ProE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default

Quote:
I dont think they are using Pro-Engineer (i may be wrong). But I know they are using a similar program. Dont think its SolidWorks either.
You don't have to think. They ARE using Pro/Engineer.
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #72
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,236
Default

Slaven is testing the new car now. according to source, the car is similar to the cad. the rear bulk head structure in terms of brake pad and 2speed shaft orientation are similar to 966. it may be called as 730.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:37 AM   #73
Tech Elite
 
Kodak Hodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Australia, Australia
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak
Default

so if there is a new model being made, no point buying the current 2009 model?

I so un-decided what to buy as most of my club mates either run a MTX-4R or V-ONE RRR EVO2

I can get good support on parts on the other makes, but seeing that serpent is always changing there design its sounds like the seem to follow the Team Magic models, always updates ever 6 months or so.

I think All models are awesome - just undecided on what to go for!
__________________
★ DORMANT RC RACER ★
Kodak Hodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #74
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I dont think they are using Pro-Engineer (i may be wrong). But I know they are using a similar program. Dont think its SolidWorks either.

They are using Pro-Eng
rcdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #75
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak View Post
so if there is a new model being made, no point buying the current 2009 model?


Agree. Why I should buy the current model if another one is around.
rcdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net