Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Failsafe for HPI RS4 3 evo+

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Failsafe for HPI RS4 3 evo+

I am asking on this forum since the folks at HPI could not offer me any help. When I called HPI Tech support and asked if they had a Failsafe or could recommend an after market that would work best on the Evo+ on road car. I was told how the Evo+ did not come with a failsafe(I guessed this could be the case, thus the reason for my call) and that the Savage did come with a failsafe(not going to help me any since I am calling about the Evo+ and not a Savage).
I was told that HPI did not have a failsafe for this car and could not suggest one. They went on to tell me that if one was installed it would cause other tuning issues.
Can someone please help me out. I am a newb and would hate to see the first Nitro car I have ever owned(wanted one since I was a teen and now I am 38) fly out of control and shoot into a wall or road at 30+ MPH.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quattro01
I am asking on this forum since the folks at HPI could not offer me any help. When I called HPI Tech support and asked if they had a Failsafe or could recommend an after market that would work best on the Evo+ on road car. I was told how the Evo+ did not come with a failsafe(I guessed this could be the case, thus the reason for my call) and that the Savage did come with a failsafe(not going to help me any since I am calling about the Evo+ and not a Savage).
I was told that HPI did not have a failsafe for this car and could not suggest one. They went on to tell me that if one was installed it would cause other tuning issues.
Can someone please help me out. I am a newb and would hate to see the first Nitro car I have ever owned(wanted one since I was a teen and now I am 38) fly out of control and shoot into a wall or road at 30+ MPH.
Your prayers have been answered my son

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...feFu-JR-Air-Hi

however as you add a failsafe it is highly recommened that you also upgrade to a nim batter pack such one like this.

Which then means you need a charge. So that is what HPI didn't want to tell you over the phone I guess
See if you can find a battery/wall-charger combo. Otherwise save up for a good dedicated charger. This one is pretty good, but not top of the line:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tition-Charger
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

well yes, fail safe isnt something made for a specific car! you can buy any fail safe systems for around $15-$25 ish out in any (most hobby stores), this fail safe system will set your servo to break (mode) you can say when your car can not find the signal coming from your transmitter! well as said you would like to upgrade your battery pack so that you can make sure your fail safe is doing its job! and wont have any power problems, powering the fail safe!
The fail safe goes between your battery and receiver etc...
Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the information guys
Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

BTW, I think the young lady on the phone from HPI was trying to tell me to buy the Savage X if I want to use a failsafe.
Really it was a weird phone call
HPI "Hello HPI Tech support how can I help you?"
ME "I would like to know what Failsafes will work best with the RS4 3Evo+."
HPI "The Evo does not come with a failsafe."
Me "I guessed that, thus the reason for my call."
HPI "The Savage X comes with a failsafe."
Me "Well, this would be a problem for me since I purchased the Evo+ and was calling about the Evo+."
HPI "well no one here has an idea what failsafe to use on that car since a failsafe will cause tuning problems."
Me "well if the Savage X comes with one, is that one available for purchase?"
HPI "Well the Savage X can be purchased but not the failsafe part alone."
Me "I guess what you are telling me is that I should have purchased the Savage. Thank You for your help I will have to check the RC forums."

This was basically how the HPI call went. I guess from now on I will rely on you nice people in the forums and i hope that I am able to expend my stable of Nitro cars.