Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
tc3 nitro fuel tank problem >

tc3 nitro fuel tank problem

tc3 nitro fuel tank problem

Old 05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? tc3 nitro fuel tank problem

When my fuel gets to half tank, it kills the engine like its out of gas. Its right at the level where the gold filter is. This started when I put this new tank in yesterday. I was told this is common with the assosiated tank, its hit or miss. I bought a new tank again today and it has the same problem at the same level. Is there a diffirent tank that will fit in the tc3 other than the stock tank
Old 05-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Its not always the tank. If you dont have enough presure coming from the exhaust system it will act like your out of fuel. Loose header,bad gasket, cracked coupler seal,plugged presure nipple on pipe. Just make sure your presureizing the fuel tank. When the level in the tank drops below the carb level fuel doesn't flow very good without some help.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, maybe try to loosen screws holding tank, and dont remember to add rings od piece of fuel line. And like above mentioned, check the pressure line, could be small hole.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

we raced the car from the beginning and have done tons of RD on the car. Your problem sounds to me as a over heating issue. When car quits have you noticed fuel bubbling in the tank?? this was a be problem with the car from the beginning. Richer engine settings and a KFactory tank will cure the problem. BB