R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default starter box help please!!!

ok, bought the integy singl 775 motor starter box, and i bought a 14.8v lipo to run it. it turned over the flywheel a few times to check it, but once i had it all ready to start, tha dam starter box motor fried.

this happed once before on another on the ofna compact starter box. the starter box is listed as able to handle the volatage. i researched the 775 motor and it is capable of handling 20 volts.

why does this happen? why are starter boxes such garbage. it didnt even start the car, i can turn this flywheel with my 2 fingers, it is not sutck or anything.

which starter box should i buy to put an end to this crap??

and what battery?
comedyman809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to regg151 Send a message via AIM to regg151 Send a message via Yahoo to regg151

I would recommend you double check your wiring make sure nothing was shorting out.

with that said the ofna blue chrome top box with the LiPo battery you already have should be fine the large single motor has more then enough torque to turn over just about any motor. I've been running that combo for about 2 years now and it works great.
regg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

1. What is the battery pack voltage when it is fully charged?
2. Ensure that you are allowing the starter box motor to spin up before engaging the engine flywheel. A high starter box motor stall current could occur if the motor is not spinning fast enough when engaged to the flywheel.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

its 14.8 lipo that at full charge, is about 16.2. i think tha problem was when i installed the little pegs designed to hold the car in place...were probabl;y not lined up as perfect as they should. i doubt the wiring was a prob beacuse it is about a week old. and i didn not do anythin to the wiring except put a male deans plug on it, it checked ok until i put the pegs on.

this is still wierd to me beacuse it looked like ev erything lined up. this is just agravatihngn because this is the second motor i burned up in 2 weeks, and i havnt even got to hear the evolva's engine start yet
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Too many times I have seen the rubber wheel hitting the chassis instead of the flywheel. Its really hard to start the chassis. Remove the engine when you align the posts, make sure the rubber wheel doesnt touch any of the opening.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

looks like im going to call inteegy tomorrow and break there chops to give me a new motor. because it is still within the 30 day warranty. integy and ofna both have 30 day warranties...that is a lousy warranty.

also, if i am stuck with paying for it and decide to get a new box, which starter box is by far the best box out there?? im willing to spend the money if the box will withstand any small mistakes.