Belt car

Old 12-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Belt car

What is the best 10/th scale belt car with the best parts allready in kit for the best price looking to switch from my tc3
Old 12-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

MTX-3 comes with tons of graphite goodies..

http://www.mugenracing.com/mtx-3.htm
Old 12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Yeah the Mugen is a sweet little car to drive, easy to set up and handles really nice. You can go for the Serpents if you want, they are decent cars the 705 and the latest 710. They are good cars too. Just that the Mugen's advantage is that the parts are abundant and cheaper.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Kyosho V One RR
Kyosho FW05
Mugen MTX-3
Serpent 710

and with a bit more work: HPI R40. that is my next project car.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Belt car

Originally posted by STS TC3
What is the best 10/th scale belt car with the best parts allready in kit for the best price looking to switch from my tc3
The Fusion R12 is the new generation competition nitro touring car from Schumacher. Most 1/10th nitro touring cars have been developed from 1/8th scale cars, sometimes sharing common components, which means they are often heavier than necessary. The Fusion R12 is developed from the SST Mission electric car, which makes it lighter, more agile chassis. The R12 uses a two belt transmission for increased efficiency over its rivals allowing excellent speed and fuel efficiency. The R12 also features a unique over-run braking system. This combines the advantage of a pawl design, lightweight and fast gear changes with adjustable engine braking for better feel and control, which is normally only found on heavy shoe type 2 speed designs.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 07-29-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Belt car

Originally posted by r12 schumacher
The Fusion R12 is the new generation competition nitro touring car from Schumacher. Most 1/10th nitro touring cars have been developed from 1/8th scale cars, sometimes sharing common components, which means they are often heavier than necessary. The Fusion R12 is developed from the SST Mission electric car, which makes it lighter, more agile chassis. The R12 uses a two belt transmission for increased efficiency over its rivals allowing excellent speed and fuel efficiency. The R12 also features a unique over-run braking system. This combines the advantage of a pawl design, lightweight and fast gear changes with adjustable engine braking for better feel and control, which is normally only found on heavy shoe type 2 speed designs.
Nice PR and promo!!! What I have to say is only MY opinion and its PERSONAL. I have seen the R12 in action, and I have to say that the car is slightly tougher than a NTC3, fragility is an issue.

Take a shunt or hit to the quarters and your turn buckles will pop out or the knuckles will break.

The shocks are not that great, they tend to get naff after a while. I think RC Car Action tested the car out and the so call 'engine brake' system does not really make any difference, when my friend was running the car it was not noticed.

Just my opinion. I still put my money on the Mugen, Serpent and Kyosho (not in order of preferrence). These cars have been tried and tested. Like I say, the Mugen is a great little car with lots of spares/hop ups and its not expensive. After sales service is something that we need to realise before buying a car. Don't wanna hurt your wallet after buying the car.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

I think RC Car Action tested the car out and the so call 'engine brake' system does not really make any difference,
Hows the engine brake system work ??
Old 12-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default r12

i ran serpent for many years and i have gone faster on the r12 than my serpent.Racing on the same tracks my lap times were alot faster and i had longer run time. In regards to the turnbuckles i have taken a few mods and made them pretty much bullet proof, the engine braking system works exellent "if you know how to set it up". At Full Throttle Speedway's Turkey Shoot in one of the qualifiers it was Schumacher's R12 finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, the rest of the field was mugens,serpents and r40's. By the way Paul Wynn is dominating the On-Road State Series with his r12. So the car ,I think is proving it self.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: r12

i ran serpent for many years and i have gone faster on the r12 than my serpent.Racing on the same tracks my lap times were alot faster and i had longer run time. In regards to the turnbuckles i have taken a few mods and made them pretty much bullet proof, the engine braking system works exellent "if you know how to set it up". At Full Throttle Speedway's Turkey Shoot in one of the qualifiers it was Schumacher's R12 finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, the rest of the field was mugens,serpents and r40's. By the way Paul Wynn is dominating the On-Road State Series with his r12. So the car ,I think is proving it self.
I will not doubt the fact that you are running faster with the R12 than the Serpent. I am into Mugens and when I drive the Serpent I found out that the car is very steady but slow in smallish or technical tracks, it seems to love the big wide sweeping tracks like some of the Italian ones.

How is your shocks? Are they good? Maybe my LHS guy got a lousy unit, hahahahaaa ...
Old 12-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: r12

By the way, in Malaysia the NCT3 fade has died and now everyone is into Mugens ... however, the NTC3 is kicking ass recently in local races!!! The R12 is a 'better' version of the NTC3.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: r12

Originally posted by tIANcI
I will not doubt the fact that you are running faster with the R12 than the Serpent. I am into Mugens and when I drive the Serpent I found out that the car is very steady but slow in smallish or technical tracks, it seems to love the big wide sweeping tracks like some of the Italian ones.

How is your shocks? Are they good? Maybe my LHS guy got a lousy unit, hahahahaaa ...
shocks are ok but i changed to x-ray shocks for more precise tuning.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: r12

shocks are ok but i changed to x-ray shocks for more precise tuning.
Dude, that is what my LHS guy did, change the shocks and the car's performance was good. He was running on Eagle Racing shocks. What I meant about the R12 not being that hot is based on the that the basic elements of any car:

i. chassis
ii. shocks
iii. clutch
iv. 2 speed
v. design & geometry
Old 12-08-2003, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default R12...

I race at full throttle too. It is true that the r12 is doing extremely well there, but I am in no way convinced it is all the car. I truly believe that it is the person behind the wheel and behind the wrench. Paul Wynn is awesome to watch when he's racing it is amazing how fast he and some of the others are. BUT as great as people say the car is I also think that he would be just as fast/dominating with any car out there. As most everyone will tell you when choosing a car to run. Look at durability(most important for me because of my driving), cost, parts support at your lhs, ease of adjustment/set up.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: R12...

Originally posted by sbmon
I race at full throttle too. It is true that the r12 is doing extremely well there, but I am in no way convinced it is all the car. I truly believe that it is the person behind the wheel and behind the wrench. Paul Wynn is awesome to watch when he's racing it is amazing how fast he and some of the others are. BUT as great as people say the car is I also think that he would be just as fast/dominating with any car out there. As most everyone will tell you when choosing a car to run. Look at durability(most important for me because of my driving), cost, parts support at your lhs, ease of adjustment/set up.
Hear hear ... well said.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: R12...

Originally posted by sbmon
well said , at least you have seen how well that car works,
thanks , see you next weekend at our next club race,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.