R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

PETE....hold your horses and read the following.

If you are planning to race the upcoming GT type event held by LHR and even the MWS (Mid West Series that you should consider as well)....your car must be in STOCK form of shape. All these carbon fiber, Titanimum, or whatever 2-speed upgrade are most likely ILLEGAL for you to race, unless they decided to add a "OPEN" class, which I don't see that going to happen (at least, not MWS)

Now...I too asked this question last year because I was planning to race these 2 events except I am expecting a new daughter this summer (which is super good...) DM1-SPEC RTR is what I was planning to get over the IGT1 or IGT2 from Kyosho. Like above mentioned, DM1-Spec 2-speed is a better build unit, then the overall car design is a little better. But the key you should get the RTR version is, that FORCE .28 pull start engine is probably 1 of the best/fastest unit that you can get in the market that is included as a RTR engine and it is LEGAL.

You cannot go dumps in a NOVA ROSSI pull start and call it LEGAL....it is not up by you, it is the LHR and MWS decision...but if you are showing the car that is originally RTR...most likely, that engine will be LEGAL.

Force .28 is easily $175 new....Dm1-spec KIT = $355...DM1 Spec RTR @ Al's Hobby Shop...$450. You can use the stock servos and such, just add in your radio....

But I know LHR will get their rule setup very soon....another thing you need to look around are TIRES...they need to run SPEC tires, that means, only certain brand and compound of RUBBER TIRES are allowed, so does MWS.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #17
wwoodruff

Kyosho has new gears for the transmission that should solve the problem with breakage. Also the GT2 is longer than the Ofna, from the feedback I have read its a very easy car to drive and gives up nothing in handling to the shorter cars. Oh yea, the Corvette and Mclaren F1 look fantastic. They are both great cars and each has its own quirks. Buy the car with the most setup and parts support at the track you plan to race.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just want everyone to understand that these are local racing rules, not ROAR rules. In Southern California, and for the NATC series, we run the 1/8 GT class and basically the only rule is that you must run rubber tires. Any .21 - .28 motor and any upgrades are permitted.

Until ROAR has a national set of rules (restrictions) for this class, there will continue to be many different interpretations.

In general, I think it is a regressive technique to place a lot of restrictions on the racers. People should be allowed to run what they want, not what someone tells them they must run. Otherwise, they may stop racing.
aft53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
PETE....hold your horses and read the following.

If you are planning to race the upcoming GT type event held by LHR and even the MWS (Mid West Series that you should consider as well)....your car must be in STOCK form of shape. All these carbon fiber, Titanimum, or whatever 2-speed upgrade are most likely ILLEGAL for you to race, unless they decided to add a "OPEN" class, which I don't see that going to happen (at least, not MWS)

Now...I too asked this question last year because I was planning to race these 2 events except I am expecting a new daughter this summer (which is super good...) DM1-SPEC RTR is what I was planning to get over the IGT1 or IGT2 from Kyosho. Like above mentioned, DM1-Spec 2-speed is a better build unit, then the overall car design is a little better. But the key you should get the RTR version is, that FORCE .28 pull start engine is probably 1 of the best/fastest unit that you can get in the market that is included as a RTR engine and it is LEGAL.

You cannot go dumps in a NOVA ROSSI pull start and call it LEGAL....it is not up by you, it is the LHR and MWS decision...but if you are showing the car that is originally RTR...most likely, that engine will be LEGAL.

Force .28 is easily $175 new....Dm1-spec KIT = $355...DM1 Spec RTR @ Al's Hobby Shop...$450. You can use the stock servos and such, just add in your radio....

But I know LHR will get their rule setup very soon....another thing you need to look around are TIRES...they need to run SPEC tires, that means, only certain brand and compound of RUBBER TIRES are allowed, so does MWS.
How about this, is this "legal"?

www.ipanemasports.com
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I talked to Scott and got the DM1 spec Pro kit,Picco .28 pull start,086 pipe,and digital servos.Per Scott all is legal.Been driving it and ready.Legal for LHR.Also the same tires as last year will be legal.

Thanks Pete

And I love this car!
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #21
Suspended

Default DM1 and IGT Racing Footage

Some cool footage of DM1 and IGT racing, crashing, acting out

www.maxvelocityracing.com/Diff.aspx

or at www.maxvelocityracing.com on the video page
GT Speed Freak is offline   Reply With Quote