R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   777 buggy to GT2 Conversion? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/288991-777-buggy-gt2-conversion.html)

waipahe 04-10-2009 01:13 PM

777 buggy to GT2 Conversion?

Hey Guys, I've searched high and low for info on this.:mad: Is it possible to convert a 777 buggy to a GT2? They look bascally the same to me?:blush: With the exception of the 2 spd. tranny. Can anybody help me with parts and maybe links I need to do the conversion? Thanks!

guambomb 04-10-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by waipahe (Post 5667127)
Hey Guys, I've searched high and low for info on this.:mad: Is it possible to convert a 777 buggy to a GT2? They look bascally the same to me?:blush: With the exception of the 2 spd. tranny. Can anybody help me with parts and maybe links I need to do the conversion? Thanks!

http://www.infernosonly.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

try there for parts, :nod:

http://infernogt.proboards.com/
try there for the gt forum:nod:

waipahe 04-10-2009 03:19 PM

Howzit Guam. Thanks for the response and the links Brah. I think there has been a few guys that did this conversion here? I'm hoping they will chime in also. I will definately be checking out the info you posted! I'm new to all of this.:blush: Thanks again Brah!:nod:

guambomb 04-10-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by waipahe (Post 5667537)
Howzit Guam. Thanks for the response and the links Brah. I think there has been a few guys that did this conversion here? I'm hoping they will chime in also. I will definately be checking out the info you posted! I'm new to all of this.:blush: Thanks again Brah!:nod:

No problem dawg

guambomb 04-10-2009 03:48 PM

I take it your from Hawaii?

SmokinAce 04-11-2009 04:51 PM

777 = IGT Chassis

ST-R Truggy = IGT2 Chassis and remember ST-R not ST-RR because the double R got longer chasis, And if you going to build it from scratch buy the ST-R upgraded chassis and longer shafts switch the setup to it and you will have something new that is not IGT or IGT2 handles better and hooks good.

Just my .2 cents

wwoodruff 04-11-2009 05:00 PM

Its not a 100 percent swap over, but the main parts, shocktowers, and front bumper setup will work. you will need the ST-R radio tray and top plate for the steering assembly (also needed.) The ST-R chassis will need the hole for the 2 speed milled to allow it to fit and maybe an extra set of holes depending on what you do for a 2 speed. The Evolva 2 speed is the best way to go. Stock 2 speed is prone to breaking 2nd gear. I did not convert mine on the ST-R chassis yet because the Kyosho GT2 bodies are $75.00 a pop!! Proline makes a body to fit the GT for $35.00.

wwoodruff 04-11-2009 05:06 PM

One more thing, if you want to race, check the rules first. A modified buggy may not be allowed.

waipahe 04-12-2009 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by guambomb (Post 5667613)
I take it your from Hawaii?

Yup. Big Island. Where you at? Still in Guam?

Originally Posted by SmokinAce (Post 5671209)
777 = IGT Chassis

ST-R Truggy = IGT2 Chassis and remember ST-R not ST-RR because the double R got longer chasis, And if you going to build it from scratch buy the ST-R upgraded chassis and longer shafts switch the setup to it and you will have something new that is not IGT or IGT2 handles better and hooks good.

Just my .2 cents

Hey Ace. Thanks for the response! I need ALL the help I can get with this!:blush:

I just happen to have a new ST-R chasis around! It isn't the upgraded version? But I think it might work? We don't have a track here:( so just wanting something to run around with. I just love the speed of onroad rides! I have a 28xz I wanna drop on it to fool around with!:smile: Thanks again!

Originally Posted by wwoodruff (Post 5671234)
Its not a 100 percent swap over, but the main parts, shocktowers, and front bumper setup will work. you will need the ST-R radio tray and top plate for the steering assembly (also needed.) The ST-R chassis will need the hole for the 2 speed milled to allow it to fit and maybe an extra set of holes depending on what you do for a 2 speed. The Evolva 2 speed is the best way to go. Stock 2 speed is prone to breaking 2nd gear. I did not convert mine on the ST-R chassis yet because the Kyosho GT2 bodies are $75.00 a pop!! Proline makes a body to fit the GT for $35.00.

Originally Posted by wwoodruff (Post 5671251)
One more thing, if you want to race, check the rules first. A modified buggy may not be allowed.

Howzit wwoodruff. Thanks also Brah for the response!

I'd like to go with the Evolva 2 spd....just not sure what cost differences will be? I need to look into that. I did here about a mod that can be done to the stock 2 spd. to beef up the 2nd gear prob. Not sure what forum it was on....but I'll check again. Thanks Brah! Really appreciate it!:nod:

MikaR 04-15-2009 04:32 AM

Here's a photo of my IGT "evo". It's a combination of GT2 and ST-R with Evolva tranny. It's a real GT racing machine. It can hang with 1:10th sedans which are plenty fast.

If you take a close look at the photo, you'll see pretty well how it's been done, I hope. For more info please visit infernogt.proboards.com

BTW, I don't use those tires for racing, they were just used for a quick test on a dirty parking lot. A pair of Ipanemas are the choice.

http://www.snrt.net/IGT/evo/clean1.jpg

wwoodruff 04-15-2009 09:33 AM

I just noticed the way you mounted your pipe hanger, nice.

SmokinAce 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by waipahe (Post 5674217)
Yup. Big Island. Where you at? Still in Guam?

Hey Ace. Thanks for the response! I need ALL the help I can get with this!:blush:

I just happen to have a new ST-R chasis around! It isn't the upgraded version? But I think it might work? We don't have a track here:( so just wanting something to run around with. I just love the speed of onroad rides! I have a 28xz I wanna drop on it to fool around with!:smile: Thanks again!

Howzit wwoodruff. Thanks also Brah for the response!

I'd like to go with the Evolva 2 spd....just not sure what cost differences will be? I need to look into that. I did here about a mod that can be done to the stock 2 spd. to beef up the 2nd gear prob. Not sure what forum it was on....but I'll check again. Thanks Brah! Really appreciate it!:nod:

ST-R and ST-RR got no diffrence from what i know except the longer chassis

MikaR 04-16-2009 05:54 AM

I would assume ST-RR is too long for GT2 bodies. Use the ST-R instead.

wwoodruff 04-16-2009 07:42 AM

You are correct, ST-RR is almost another inch longer, way, way too long. :nod:

GT Speed Freak 04-25-2009 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Pics. You can get all of the other Carbon Fiber Components for the IGT and DM1 from the Max Velocity Websit. www.maxvelocityracing.com