R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #46
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNitro View Post
OK, it's me again...

If anyone else is interested, a pair of green foamie rear tires/rims arrived.

Dimension wise - same diameter, only a millimeter less in width than the stock tires and 2mm less in diameter than a F103 spongee with same width.

As for the hex axle hub attachment - it has a better and firmer fit than a stock Kyosho wheel, but I'll have to furnish my own 14 x 4 x 3mm hub offset as the foamie hex is too deep for the kart.

Will test these foamies out to see any rear end improvement during my next tarmac session.

Thank you.
eNitro, Any update on the new hub and tires?? Once I buy and replace my stripped out pulley (kt008) and belt, I would be interested in improving my traction.
magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #47
Tech Initiate

Hi magicman32,

Sorry for the delay in the report.

As I said in the page earlier, the stock pulley is CRAP. At best, it'll only last you not more than 20 tanks. Save the hassle and headaches of removing & assembling the belt cover parts by getting an alloy 20T pulley, believe me, you'll also have less belt changes.

I managed to machine a 6mm ID aluminum pulley and never looked back - good bye crappy kyosho KT008.

As for the rear end grip, check this out - it's a direct bolt on with the stock 14mm hex:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6&I=LXFAT9&P=K

Alternatively, a Tamiya rear F103 foamie will also fit a modified hub.

Here's the steps I took:

check out:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6&I=LXDBT4&P=K

Bore out the rear rims' internals and they actual fit flush with the stock kyosho kart rims. Then CA them on and fit the F103 tires on and you're ready for the tarmac.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
eNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #48
Tech Rookie

No worries eNitro... Your tips and comments are worth waiting for. You mentioned previously that you would have to furnish your own 14 x 4 x 3mm hub offset as the foamie hex was too deep for the kart. Is this needed in addition to the DuraTrax Green F1 foamies?

I just received my Kyosho replacement parts. So now I gotta get down to business to get at the belt cover parts. Unfortunately, I am having to do this after only 3 tanks on my Kart. I'll have to ask around to see who I can bribe to machine me an aluminum pulley. Thank You for your help!!
magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi all , Just got my kart today, and i will look into this to see if I can replace the stock casssis with a metal tubular chassi like the 2nd gen kart,, plus i wil try to see if the TRG (F1) wheels and tires can be mounted on this thing, but first I will need to run it in the stock form
www.abchobbyusa.com
Follow us in Twitter and Facebook : Abc Hobby USA
ppabalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I will post some modification that will help us full race this thing.... stay tuned
www.abchobbyusa.com
Follow us in Twitter and Facebook : Abc Hobby USA
ppabalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

A couple of races back at GLARCRC, about 5 or 6 of those karts showed up and they were really interesting and fun to watch. The club has created a class for them and we hope that they will come and race as theri quality continues to improve!!

Good Racing!!

GLARCRC
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #52
Tech Initiate

magicman32,

You're welcome anytime.

As for using the hub offset with the green foamies - that's an option. With a 3mm offset, the foamies will sit flush with the kart's side skirts (just like stock).

I took the path of least resistance and got a couple of aluminum wheel collars (borrowed from my rc plane spares) and this saved me some time in the workshop. The collars just slip on the 4mm threads.

But a little disclaimer here: if you decide to use the wheel collars like I do, ensure the green foamies sit true on the axle before securing the wheel nut because the greenie wheel wells only have thin walls.

In regards to your overhaul after 3 tanks, are you using more than 20% - 25% nitro? And did you increase the compression because of this?

Thank you.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #53
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppabalan View Post
I will post some modification that will help us full race this thing.... stay tuned

ppabalan, looking forward to your mods.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #54
Tech Initiate

ppabalan,

Do you have a link to the TRG F1's?

Thank you.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #55
Tech Initiate

Default birel kart aluminum upgrade parts

Well, looks like kyosho corporation & kyosho america has finally pulled their thumbs out of their a-holes and started to bring out upgrade parts for the birel:

KTW 001 aluminum knuckle arms

KTW 003 aluminum middle shaft mounts

KTW 004 aluminum rear axle mounts

KTW 005 drive chain & sprocket set

Funny, why are the Al parts anodized blue and not red?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #56
Tech Initiate

And another:

KTW 007 silent muffler.

Also, I've seen the white (body) kart version. Still I prefer the original red.

Thank you.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #57
Tech Initiate

OK,

I am guilty of succumbing to kyosho america's evil reptilian, catholic fishhead worshipping illuminati marketing ploys.

I've just ordered the Al anodized middle shaft and rear axle mounts and the roller chain./sprocket set.

(I can see it now, the RHS being much much more heavier than it already is after the chain upgrade, will performance be worsened? Only the MIB knows)

Once they arrive, I'll hop up the kart & test them out on my next tarmac session.

Also, there's a weaved carbon fiber rear t-bar upgrade but I thought the original was carbon fiber??

I'd really wish kyosho corp/kyosho america could get their brains together and made a kart with camber adjustable front traction out-of-the-box instead of thinking about how we can fatten their bank accounts.

So, any eskimos wanna sell me some icebergs?

Thank you.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone selling one for cheap???
chinamonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #59
Tech Initiate

Alright,

Just received the chain/sprocket set, alloy middle shaft and rear axle mounts.

First thing I did was open the baggies & inspect the parts.

Alloy parts need no mod and are a straight drop-in replacement to the plastic mounts.

Chain, rear axle sprocket and middle shaft sprocket has grit and grime on them (out of the baggie), so I put them in a bigger plastic bag and immersed all parts in singer sewing machine oil just like your typical two-minute instant noodle oil sachet.

After 7 minutes immersion, the singer oil becomes clouded and mirky - grimes coming off the metal parts.

Will run the v-belt and aluminum pulley version until they wear - I estimate will be around 20-25 tanks and then I'll convert it to the chain drive.

Thank you.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNitro View Post
Alright,

Just received the chain/sprocket set, alloy middle shaft and rear axle mounts.

First thing I did was open the baggies & inspect the parts.

Alloy parts need no mod and are a straight drop-in replacement to the plastic mounts.

Chain, rear axle sprocket and middle shaft sprocket has grit and grime on them (out of the baggie), so I put them in a bigger plastic bag and immersed all parts in singer sewing machine oil just like your typical two-minute instant noodle oil sachet.

After 7 minutes immersion, the singer oil becomes clouded and mirky - grimes coming off the metal parts.

Will run the v-belt and aluminum pulley version until they wear - I estimate will be around 20-25 tanks and then I'll convert it to the chain drive.

Thank you.

Where did you order the optional parts from? I canʻt seem to find them anywhere.
tadashi is offline   Reply With Quote