R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2004, 07:12 AM   #121
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
His setup is a little sketchy... He mentioned that he used 40 shore tires all around, all stock setting except that the springs were all red all around. Yes, the rear diff was set very hard. Almost solid. I think I saw that the caster used was a lot. Only the 1 mm spacer behind the upper from arm. His setup is totally different from Michael's setup. But of course with the limited track time Michael got, Suruth's car was way faster not to mention 5 port versus 3 port engine ! Not to mention that Mr. Suruth himself partly owns the track !

And yes, I got to know that his car was like 60 grams lighter than the already light stock car or so with the titanium screws mounted !
Woi! welcome back. You forgot your charger or are you just not comfortable with SMS?

anyway, looks like you've answered my question. How come he got to use a lighter car? I thought apart from the engine and 25% Tornado fuel, the cars were supposed to be IFMAR legal?

What engine and pipe did he use?
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:15 AM   #122
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: Race completed.

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
The Thais are above a class of their own !
Of course, given the same car, engine, pipe, fuel and radio, being on home ground will always be advantageous.
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 AM   #123
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Race completed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Of course, given the same car, engine, pipe, fuel and radio, being on home ground will always be advantageous.
Well, the Singaporeans and the Hong Kong guys were very competitive too. Not to mention our sole Malaysian guy in the A main !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:26 AM   #124
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Race completed.

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Well, the Singaporeans and the Hong Kong guys were very competitive too. Not to mention our sole Malaysian guy in the A main !
OK, I have to admit that that we tend to take the easy way out and plonk in the latest 5 port modified and a pipe which makes the most noise. Not much time is spent on the set-up nor driving!

Who was in the A-main?
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #125
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Woi! welcome back. You forgot your charger or are you just not comfortable with SMS?
Yes, just came back. As you can see, I was not on a hoiliday trip !!! You either messaged me on the wrong time fixing my car or when I was too tired to do anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
anyway, looks like you've answered my question. How come he got to use a lighter car? I thought apart from the engine and 25% Tornado fuel, the cars were supposed to be IFMAR legal?
Ummm, the body shell hole dimensions needed to follow IFMAR. No weight limitations of any sort for the car...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
What engine and pipe did he use?
NovaMax with the new NovaMega TP06 inline pipe.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:44 AM   #126
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, just came back. As you can see, I was not on a hoiliday trip !!! You either messaged me on the wrong time fixing my car or when I was too tired to do anything.
Yeah, understand that. Sorry!

So, how did you do? U didn't answer me about who got into A.
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:51 AM   #127
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
So, how did you do? U didn't answer me about who got into A.
I did not do too good myself... Timmy got into A. Ended with 10th placing (or rather 11th if you include Michael Salven in ! ).

I have a nice pic of him beside Michael on the driver's stand before the start of the race. But then knowing him, he chickened out (probably didn't want the extra pressure) to race along side him and went to the other end of the driver's stand. I will post pictures once I get some uploaded.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #128
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I did not do too good myself...
Well, at least you GOT there, I didn't!

Quote:
Timmy got into A. Ended with 10th placing (or rather 11th if you include Michael Salven in ! ).
Wow! Who was taller, Michael or Timmy?

No! Who looked meaner???


Quote:
I have a nice pic of him beside Michael on the driver's stand before the start of the race. But then knowing him, he chickened out (probably didn't want the extra pressure) to race along side him and went to the other end of the driver's stand. I will post pictures once I get some uploaded.
I guess you could say I was more chicken than Timmy otherwise I would have been there!

Can't wait for the pics! quick quick!
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 PM   #129
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: US
Posts: 11
Default 1/10 Results



Guess where our good friend Initial D is??

oldcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:48 PM   #130
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: 1/10 Results

oldcake, were you there at the race?

Don't worry. Like I said previously, I'm no threat to anybody. Don't have anything to prove on the tracks. I'm just a champ on the forums. That's about it and racing is for fun and I did not regret participating. The experience gained was invaluable.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #131
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:15 PM   #132
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: 1/10 Results

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
oldcake, were you there at the race?

Don't worry. Like I said previously, I'm no threat to anybody. Don't have anything to prove on the tracks. I'm just a champ on the forums. That's about it and racing is for fun and I did not regret participating. The experience gained was invaluable.
Oldcake must have been there. Thanks for posting the results, interesting to see the lap times.

D, where are the pictures you mentioned?
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #133
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: 1/10 Results

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Oldcake must have been there.
Well, if he's from the States, it is indeed a long way to Thailand. Besides, the results were taken from the rc4fun website.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
D, where are the pictures you mentioned?
Still working on it.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Yeah,where are the D1 pics?

Slowhand wake up,sleep is no good for you !!!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #135
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

What happened to the angry man?

Not the radio again !
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent Asia Cup in HK... szbamboo Nitro On-Road 11 06-19-2010 02:04 AM
Reedy Asia 2004 - THAILAND Alvin Singapore R/C Racers 93 12-20-2004 11:45 AM
Reedy Asia 2004 - THAILAND Fas N furious Malaysian R/C Racers 50 12-12-2004 02:52 AM
Reedy Asia 2004 slowhand Electric On-Road 0 10-09-2004 09:00 PM
Tamiya Asia Cup 2004 Qualifying FRIEND Singapore R/C Racers 503 10-04-2004 10:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net