Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT2 >

Kyosho Inferno GT2

Kyosho Inferno GT2

Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Kyosho Inferno GT2

Hello to all.I was reading some issues about the meshing of the gears and other little qwerks with this car.I was wondering if this is really a car worth buying?Any input would be greatly appreciated.I just dont want to drop that kind of money for somthing I am going to put in the corner of the room to collect dust.Also if it is worth it are there any engine up-grades and other goodies for it.Pretty bad when I work on jets for a living and dont know shit about an rc car
Old 03-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 737 JEtMech
Hello to all.I was reading some issues about the meshing of the gears and other little qwerks with this car.I was wondering if this is really a car worth buying?Any input would be greatly appreciated.I just dont want to drop that kind of money for somthing I am going to put in the corner of the room to collect dust.Also if it is worth it are there any engine up-grades and other goodies for it.Pretty bad when I work on jets for a living and dont know shit about an rc car

We currently run a series here in Sugarbowl Ga not sure how far you are but you can come out and watch the IGT2 cars in person. THe car is awesome and run very well. The 2nd gear issue can be annoying but there are things you can do to make it better. I have both an IGT2 and DM-1 spec and they both have there plus and minus.

Alain
Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The simplest fix for the 2nd gear problems is to replace the 40 tooth plastic gear with a 41 tooth metal gear. The entire upgrade cost about $20 and it completely solves this problem.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even simpler....adjust the mesh tight...

The car is the most fun I've had in R/C. I've race most classes you can think of and they are durable too.

There is a large thread on the cars already.... you can read about almost any related issue over there.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

There are several way to overcome the 2 speed issues and the upgrade possibilitys are as much as your wallet can stand. I highly recommend this car. There are several websites...(well one really) that has almost 1000 igt owners, and is chocked full of all the IGT information you could ever ask for.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Even simpler....adjust the mesh tight...
how tight is too tight?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
how tight is too tight?
You can't get it too tight!

Also, I totally agree with Zootcapri about this class being fun. I have been racing rc cars for 29 years and I have enjoyed racing the Kyosho GT car more than anything I have raced EVER!

Lee
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

So, how tight should the mesh be?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Thanks

Thanks to all that have replied,hope to here or get more replies,all the info I can get will make up my mind but the few that have that style of car you guys must like them or you would not have replied.Once again thanks for the feedback,hope to find out more info and learn more from you all.Also is there a thread here in regards to the inferno series cars?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
The simplest fix for the 2nd gear problems is to replace the 40 tooth plastic gear with a 41 tooth metal gear. The entire upgrade cost about $20 and it completely solves this problem.
More info and part numbers please
Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jet,

The mesh should be as tight as you can without binding the rotation of the gears. They will seat just fine after a lap or two.

Here is the thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ased-road.html

Enjoy
Old 08-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Metal gear for inferno gt2

I just had the problem with second gear on my new inferno gt 2. I was reading one of the articles on here about a metal gear that replaces the plastic 40 with a 41 metal gear. Does anyone have a part number are where i can get from from?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

You can bring the car up to World Champion status with the Ipanema Black Hawk SR transmission conversion kit.

"Black Hawk SR" racing transmission conversion kits come with detailed instructions, bearings, shims, light-weight universal driveshafts, gears, clutch bell and more!

Some of the fastest IGT racers in North America are using our conversion.
Many of the past few big races featuring GT cars have been won with Ipanema too.

Visit the website for more info, good luck.

http://ipanemasports.com/blackhawksr...nsmission.aspx

http://ipanemasports.com/testimonials.aspx
Old 08-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah...forget the metal gears...Lee's enginge blew those a aprat a few day/weeks after he posted that (its and old post) and just before he got the Ipanemas SR in his shop.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Metal Second gear for GT2

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Hello and thanks for the advice. I have an Ipanema tranny that I will put in my race GT2. But for my bashing gt2 I would like to go with this easy fix.

Where do I get this 41 tooth gear and are other tooth counts available?

Thanks

Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.