Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hmm,, Just a thought... Is RC Pro allocated any slots for the worlds?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Gentlemen: I am sure there is quite a bit of discord happening regarding this sell out situation. ROAR has done nothing different than in past years other than begin online registration.

To do this, we have to have a method of checking membership because the rules state current members may attend events. We can't permit signing up for an event if your membership is not current. That is unfair to the member who did keep their membership current. Only current members may participate in a sanctioned event.

Yes, you have to have current status through the dates of the event. That was stated CLEARLY on the website on 1/1/09, before the opening of each event this year and again a few days prior to this event opening up and on this very thread. Its no surprise.

The event is full. All heats are packed and ROAR is following with the host's request of no more than 16 mains total. The rules say no more than 20 qualifying heats.

If you are not on the confirmed list, you will need to send an entry flyer with payment for your classes and ensure your membership is current THROUGH THE DATES of the event, just like every other year, to be added to the waiting list. You will be contacted when you move from the waiting list. If you are not moved, you will be refunded in FULL your entry fee.

Please guys.... anger and accusations of being treated unfairly are really not called for.

Thanks-
Dawn Sanchez
Is there anyway ROAR can try and get the hosts to allow more heats. I mean it is a while until the race... How much could a couple more dollars in entry fees hurt. More exceptions should be made being that the worlds are coming here, it would be sensible to allow more racers to enter. Also now you have two national events put into one race. 301 took care of over 200 racers in the same amount of time this race is scheduled to last for, I'm sure roar can figure something out with the host....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Is there anyway ROAR can try and get the hosts to allow more heats. I mean it is a while until the race... How much could a couple more dollars in entry fees hurt. More exceptions should be made being that the worlds are coming here, it would be sensible to allow more racers to enter. Also now you have two national events put into one race. 301 took care of over 200 racers in the same amount of time this race is scheduled to last for, I'm sure roar can figure something out with the host....
POST 201:
The event is full. All heats are packed and ROAR is following with the host's request of no more than 16 mains total. The rules say no more than 20 qualifying heats.

:

Last edited by rcfoolz; 06-11-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest

Diatta ...... the program for this race is pretty much the same as the Cap Classic. Nats 180 entries, Cap Classic 182 entries. Cap Classic ran 17 mains, 9 in sedan, 6 in 8th Open and 2 in Masters. Nats is planed as 16 mains, 7 in sedan, 7 in 8th Open and 2 in Masters. As you can see the programs are pretty much the same and in September we have fewer daylight hours than the Cap does in June. The numbers I posted are from the final results of the Cap Classic

I wish we could add more entries, more heats I just don't see how it's possible.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
Diatta ...... the program for this race is pretty much the same as the Cap Classic. Nats 180 entries, Cap Classic 182 entries. Cap Classic ran 17 mains, 9 in sedan, 6 in 8th Open and 2 in Masters. Nats is planed as 16 mains, 7 in sedan, 7 in 8th Open and 2 in Masters. As you can see the programs are pretty much the same and in September we have fewer daylight hours than the Cap does in June. The numbers I posted are from the final results of the Cap Classic

I wish we could add more entries, more heats I just don't see how it's possible.
self edit.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

See you there!
J.E.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

i agree james there should be 20 mains like the rules state.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Reminder to all those they need to rent pit space. If you have requested pit spots, you should have received a confirmation email back that I have added you. If you still need to get your name in, please email me [email protected] or Ted Hammer [email protected].

I should have a list out shortly for those not sure if they are on the reserved list. I think the last I checked we had over 40 spots reserved.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I still don't see any reason why full capacity can't be allowed. You can do 3 days of qualifying with two qualifiers a day instead of 2 days of quals with 3 a day. Although one of the days of open practice would be taken away, more overall time for practice before quals would be made. And A shorter controlled practice could be allowed before the first day of qualifying starts. There only benefits to the racer and the hobby overall to trying to work with us ROAR. At lease make an attempt....
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
The rule states MAX of 20 qualifying heats.

Does anybody read the rules anymore? LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

well, we could remove the Masters as its a provisional class......

how would that go over?

Maximum time is maximum time guys. This isn't ROAR. Its simply a matter of fact. Only so many hours in a day and only so many of those with daylight for proper sight.

The host made very sure this event wasn't overloaded.

The only thing we could have done and we didn't and we will look at next year is one class limit to sign up to allow more people the opportunity to attend. And, you can bet, next year, that will probably be the case.

Snide remarks, PM's with anger filled words and emails that are beyond understanding just won't solve the problem. ROAR is not out trying to 'screw' you or disrespect you..... c'mon already. Its a national event and it sold out very quickly. Yes, things will change for 2010's event.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
Not enough time in the day ! No Lights at the track !
We all new this was coming 6-months to a Year ago !
See you there
J.E.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

no disrespect but i want to know who was the brain surgeon who decided to combime the two events knowing this will limit the chances for eveybody to attend a Nat that qualifies you for next yearts WC ,thats my big concern and disapointment with the combining the Nats.yeah next year things will be different but that woud be too late for those of us that want to attend the WC next year here in the US but who cares right
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Roniel - No disrespect to you but what gives you the right to insult others regarding a situation you obviously have no understanding of?

Lets try this again and this time without condemning others for having a passion to do what is right for all involved.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Roniel - No disrespect to you but what gives you the right to insult others regarding a situation you obviously have no understanding of?

Lets try this again and this time without condemning others for having a passion to do what is right for all involved.
none taken but but i dont feel im insulting anybody here its just a joke to me that i have been a Roar member since 2000 and i have never seen this combining events happen, as a Roar member i feel shafted because i didnt have the possibility to pay while i was away at the Capitol Classic,i registered and signed up but when i got home on manday to pay the event was sold out and other racers like my self are having similar issues, all these idaes for next year to fix this issue should have been thought out for this event .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.