Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to ROAR and the clubs involved for the change as now it's before school's in for some, saves travel (and time) for others that would attend both events and helps some of us that would be forced to choose between IIC and the Nats. Overall, it seems like a win/win situation with Lincoln getting both next year.

dfilo456 -I don't think ROAR normally checks the schedules of major sports, NHRA or NASCAR before scheduling an event. If they did, we would never race....

My personal opinion, this is how it should be with both events together and an emphasis on running your Regional events to qualify for the Nats (like it was in the past). This way there's a bit of effort and prestige to a Nats rather than just printing/mailing an entry form. Just my .02....
Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
My personal opinion, this is how it should be with both events together and an emphasis on running your Regional events to qualify for the Nats (like it was in the past). This way there's a bit of effort and prestige to a Nats rather than just printing/mailing an entry form. Just my .02....
Josh, I was really waiting to see your take, since your vested in electics and nitro. Dead on comments!!!

+1

Your last statement is how ROAR could help re-build the racer base!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dfilo456;5623950]
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
We are looking at no more than 190. Rules say no more than 20 heats - which is pretty vague. We have to look at hours in the day and of course, something that isn't overwhelming to racers and staff to manage.

Dawn You should Resign From Roar This Comment Alone And For Changing The Date After Already Setting It I Had Non Refundable Airline Tickets Is Roar Going To Pay For them.

I Don't Understand How You Can Schedule A National Event On The Largest Nhra Dragr racing Race Of the Season
Come on Doug?

I think you are coming off a little harsh? Since you live with in 4 hours driving time to Toledo. And the NHRA nationals are in Indianapolis every year.

I think that ROAR got this one right now only if they would fix oval racing!

Josh I'll say one thing I could TQ a "printing/mailing an entry form" contest like a mo fo!

Monti
Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Oval racing isn't broken, just ask them.

Seriously all .... thank you for the support in this decision. No, it wasn't easy and of course we knew there would be folks out there forced into making decisions one way or the other based on their schedules. It couldn't be avoided and we do regret making this change.

The Nationals for 2009 were published in early November of 2008.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

The Nationals for 2009 were published in early November of 2008.
The 2009 Sedan Nats have changed dates twice and venues once since November. I know this scheduling job is tough, but you shouldn't be surprised by the flaming responses.

And in a rough economy, a second entry price reduction should be reconsidered. I assume you're not paying double for the venue, staff, etc. so $160 for two entries is a little outrageous.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sohlman
The 2009 Sedan Nats have changed dates twice and venues once since November. I know this scheduling job is tough, but you shouldn't be surprised by the flaming responses.

And in a rough economy, a second entry price reduction should be reconsidered. I assume you're not paying double for the venue, staff, etc. so $160 for two entries is a little outrageous.

The first date change for the Sedan event was due to a violent backlash from the host's choice of booking on Mother's Day weekend.

This one is financial. This could not have been forseen in November.

Also, a break on 2nd class will only cause more financial issues. ROAR gets no break from vendors in this economic crisis. The entry fees goes entirely to the host track for rental fees, participation bonus, trophies, scoring and RMT expenses which are considerably less than the host fees. ROAR makes not one dollar from a National event which means every dollar spent on attending this event goes towards the greater good of our hobby and the quality of the event as it deserves.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 04-01-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: :)
Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Also, a break on 2nd class will only cause more financial issues. ROAR gets no break from vendors in this economic crisis. The entry fees goes entirely to the host track for rental fees, participation bonus, trophies, scoring and RMT expenses which are considerably less than the host fees. ROAR makes not one dollar from a National event which means every dollar spent on attending this event goes towards the greater good of our hobby and the quality of the event as it deserves.
I understand the expenses involved and I was not suggesting that ROAR was making any money off this, I was just pushing ROAR to have the vendors, hosts, etc reconsider their fees. All American's are working harder for less nowadays and why should they be any different? Or should the entrants be the one's who should pony up?...again?

The Capital Classic is a good case study: $40 for one class, $15 for the second class, same classes as the proposed Nats, tons of extra expenses for the host (air conditioned restrooms, etc.), classy trophies, will most likely sell out, the list goes on and on. When people see this kind of commitment to r/c, they volunteer services, self promote it, seek means to make it better and they don't bitch about it. But best of all, they would pay more for it because they know it's worth it. Can the same be assumed for this event? If you can assure us this, then I'm all for it and I'll pay whatever the fee is.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How much is pit space rental
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Participation bonus?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

ROAR do its best to show its dedication to the racer in ways better than providing professionally run national championships and awards that are of the status they should be.

I do apologize, again, for the decision made although we did find it necessary to inform the membership immediately.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by motojon
How much is pit space rental
You would have to contact the host on that. ROAR does not rent pit spaces or equipment.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Participation bonus?
Per the national guidelines posted on the website - hosts earn a rental fee plus a bonus for entrys exceeding 110 and another bonus for entrys exceeding 190.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

$160 is alot of money for race fees, but if the nationals for each class were to be ran separately the expence would be higher. This way it saves us the extra expense of hotel, airplane tickets, car rental and meals. Plus for some of us it acually allows us to run both nationals, as it was before I was only going to be able to make the Sedan nats, as I cant take 1 week off work in a 2 months time.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

also, one last thing, the purpose of this thread was to get an announcement out there as quickly as possible. Lately, RC Tech has been the most visited site and it would be crazy to not utilize its database. The annoucement was made as soon as possible to make aware those interested in attending RC events appropriate travel arrangements.

But, we must all remember - if attending an RC event will take food off the table of your family, maybe going is not such a great idea. These are difficult times for all - vendors have to increase their fees to make ends meet therefore, we all end up paying more. ROAR is not a business that earns an income. ROAR simply provides and promotes sanctioned racing to its membership.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Per the national guidelines posted on the website - hosts earn a rental fee plus a bonus for entrys exceeding 110 and another bonus for entrys exceeding 190.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will have to get my entry in as soon as it opens up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.