R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hello guys, can someone point me out where to find pics of the whole track? I went to their website, but can only see pics of the pits and very few shots of the track itself. Thanks in advanced.
riketsu this track is 1 of the top 4 tracks in the states you won't be dissapointed when you see it live & race on it.
Im looking forward to this event
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #92
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
I've been thinking that this is the way to go, joining the two events, but after a lot of thought, is it? For those that run 1/10 and 1/8th, now you might be forced to choose which class you will not run. Will this even further eliminate participation from one class or another?

When you think of it, running two classes is a lot of work, and to do your best running both classes your going to need help, even if its just a person to true your tires and clean your car off, more cost. I know that this doesn't apply to everybody, but how many racers run both classes? Looking back at the past nationals did ROAR consider this in the decision?

I'll bring this up now, the 1/10th masters was eliminated (as well 1/10 open, 17 total entries), why, when nothing was eliminated from 1/8th? (26 entries 1/8th masters) I know of a few racers in this region that were going back to sedan from 1/8th this year; they already said that they would not attend the nationals now because of no 1/10th masters class.

Not trying to be difficult, but a few would like to know, and won't post anything online because it becomes a dogfight.
James, I'm not sure how you count but it sure seems its the other way around here in Fla. The 1/0th guys are going to 1/8th.
I might add that the 08 1/8th Nationals were pretty much sold out and the 08 Sedan Nationals had plenty of space left. I would guess thats the reason for dropping those classes. And as you said running two classes is tough, so you can start subtracting guys from Sedan that ran the 08 Nationals because they normally run 1/8th or they are now running 1/8th.

See everyone in Toledo.
Greg Esser
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #93
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
I've been thinking that this is the way to go, joining the two events, but after a lot of thought, is it? For those that run 1/10 and 1/8th, now you might be forced to choose which class you will not run. Will this even further eliminate participation from one class or another?

When you think of it, running two classes is a lot of work, and to do your best running both classes your going to need help, even if its just a person to true your tires and clean your car off, more cost. I know that this doesn't apply to everybody, but how many racers run both classes? Looking back at the past nationals did ROAR consider this in the decision?

I'll bring this up now, the 1/10th masters was eliminated (as well 1/10 open, 17 total entries), why, when nothing was eliminated from 1/8th? (26 entries 1/8th masters) I know of a few racers in this region that were going back to sedan from 1/8th this year; they already said that they would not attend the nationals now because of no 1/10th masters class.

Not trying to be difficult, but a few would like to know, and won't post anything online because it becomes a dogfight.
James,
You got your story backwards I thought everybody was switching to 1/8 scale in the Region 4 Area. Unless you are talking about GARY...Of course he is always backwards,even in car.

Needless to say. For those that do run the 2 classes. Yes... they will have to work harder..But I'm sure they have the Sedan Worlds in Mind..So they will probably be working harder on the sedan....But who cares .Racing is Fun....
Hopefuly I can schedule some time to make it .
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #94
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Red Cup racing will be there in force. Rumor has it Superstar Hill Billy Graham will make his first RC road trip!

Looking foward to attending this event!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
$160 is alot of money for race fees, but if the nationals for each class were to be ran separately the expence would be higher. This way it saves us the extra expense of hotel, airplane tickets, car rental and meals. Plus for some of us it acually allows us to run both nationals, as it was before I was only going to be able to make the Sedan nats, as I cant take 1 week off work in a 2 months time.
Like you were going to go to the sedan nats
gotmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesser26 View Post
James, I'm not sure how you count but it sure seems its the other way around here in Fla. The 1/0th guys are going to 1/8th.
I might add that the 08 1/8th Nationals were pretty much sold out and the 08 Sedan Nationals had plenty of space left. I would guess thats the reason for dropping those classes. And as you said running two classes is tough, so you can start subtracting guys from Sedan that ran the 08 Nationals because they normally run 1/8th or they are now running 1/8th.

See everyone in Toledo.
Greg Esser
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarrison View Post
James,
You got your story backwards I thought everybody was switching to 1/8 scale in the Region 4 Area. Unless you are talking about GARY...Of course he is always backwards,even in car.

Needless to say. For those that do run the 2 classes. Yes... they will have to work harder..But I'm sure they have the Sedan Worlds in Mind..So they will probably be working harder on the sedan....But who cares .Racing is Fun....
Hopefuly I can schedule some time to make it .
See what I was saying...dogfight. It was just a question that should be answered. If you don't have an answer, don't respond.

Yes Mark, racing is fun.....Congratulations?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #97
Tech Master

Quote:
See what I was saying...dogfight. It was just a question that should be answered. If you don't have an answer, don't respond.

HAHA! This guy is funny..... Wait till this weekend when pete does a bump and run and lets you eat a whole lot of 6th place. BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Roniel has an extra stiff bumper for you and Chirssy. 1-2 sweep of the series.....HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Maybe next year when no one runs you can be somebody!!!!HAHA

This is just a joke...
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Once the flyer is released, is registration considered open? I'm trying to make plans to attend this and would like to get my registration in asap. Thanks.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
Once the flyer is released, is registration considered open? I'm trying to make plans to attend this and would like to get my registration in asap. Thanks.
Yes. It will be about 90 days prior to the event.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #100
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Plus the best parts is you get to come to see me and Seaball, why would you want to miss that?

Paul
Is Chris going to race?????? I'm calling him out!!!!
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #101
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dawn I Would Like To Apologize For My Harsh Comments In Earlier Post I Do Agree About Combining The Events. I Just Had A Problem With The Date Change Since I Have $2000.00 In Nhra Tickets That Weekend.

Sincerely
Doug Filo
dfilo456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfilo456 View Post
Dawn I Would Like To Apologize For My Harsh Comments In Earlier Post I Do Agree About Combining The Events. I Just Had A Problem With The Date Change Since I Have $2000.00 In Nhra Tickets That Weekend.

Sincerely
Doug Filo

Apology accepted. Thanks.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #103
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

I Guess...?????
MHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy who? View Post
Is Chris going to race?????? I'm calling him out!!!!
I'm waiting on Hermannski to come out for this one too!!
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #105
Tech Regular

Has any thought been given to initially holding entries to one class and releasing the remaining open spots some time period before the race??