R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #661
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congratulations to Ralph Burch for TQ and Mike Swauger for is dominating performance in the A main. I still to this day don't understand that someone can drive on such an edge for an hour and have total control of the car and was able to put his car in any spot at any time, blistering pace. Congrats to all the A main finalist, it was a very fast and equal pace field of cars in 1/8 and 1/10 main and semi.

Congratulations to Paul Lemiexu for his awesome performance and we never exspect anything less from him.

I would like to thank Mike Swauger & Mugen, Byroyn's Fuel, MAX Engines, Ralph Burch, Drew Ellis, Steve Sohl, Ira, Terry Brown and Harry H for all their help all week end. It's always difficult to race 1/8 scale once a year specially a National race, without your guys help it would not have been possible to to do well or have fun, thank god for meds, LOL.

Sorry Sohlman, I was just too easy of a room mate for 6 days, I still feel a little pain in my back, lol..

Thanks to the eight racers of Toledo club, great job and fun track to race on.

RMT did a great job on keeping the program running smooth and on time, especially Ruben awesome job.

Last edited by YLLIB; 09-08-2009 at 04:26 PM.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #662
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D View Post
wow what an awesome week of racing for tommy and i.I am still in shock .Cant believe how stiff the compatition was in the sedan class .We qualified 15 and bumped to the a.We started the a half the track back with 14 in it and we started 13.Tommy drove his ass off and finished 8 over all finishing ahead of some very competive drivers.I guess he proved he had what it takes to be where he was I am so proud of you son ,you wheeled that new x-ray like one of the factory drivers.the results speak for them selves.Thank you to the host track and the roar team it was the smoothest nats ive been to yet congrats to all the drivers who attended the event and thank you team x-ray for suppporting tommy throughout the event it feels good to be on the winning team.We had a blast.Thanks uriah murnan for the engines they were balistic .Quite a few of them in the a also .I think there was 80% of the a main cars were x-rays way to go!!!!! .Bobby flack thanks for all your support you really worked with tommy this week your advice was priceless
see ya all at the worlds.
big tom

I would like to thank all of my sponsors for supporting me throughout the weekend. Ralph Burch, Bobby Flack, Paul Lemeux, And all of the xray team thank you guys. I also would like to thank Uriah Murnan for the incredible horsepower which powered my car to the final. Last but not least my mom and dad for supporting me in what i like to do best. Thank you Guys.

Tommy D
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs View Post
With DSM, all the exotic 27mhz as well as 75mhz freqs, radio impound is kinda obsolete.
You're right, if everyone used spread spectrum. Check the mains list, plenty of people running 27/75MHz.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #664
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
thank god for meds, LOL.
I agree...
Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #665
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to the 8th Racers of Toledo for a nicely run Nationals. Thanks to RC America for the awesome NT-1 it is truly fast. Congratulations to all of the winners, you deserve it.

I uploaded a race report to my website. You can check it out at

www.murnanmodified.com

Congratulations to my team drivers that made the A main.

Bobby Flack
Scotty Gray
Chrus Doseck
Tommy Desantis
Myself
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #666
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

ah, radio impound.....

I can say I'm not a proponent of doing away with the concept - not until DSS/DSM is mandated at nationals. (by the way, fancy 27mhz, half frequencies and 40 bands are illegal.... Federal Government illegal.. thats quite a risk to use them)

But... racers, track owners and class committee's across the board requested for several years to be allowed the option of an impound area or not..... and that is the rule in the book now.

Personally, races I attend, its easier to not deal with impound every day but I do worry about that one person who seems to think their turned on radio isn't going to do any damage to a car on the track.. (sorry Billy, heard about what happened!) Its that ONE case that proves the point we are still in need of an impound area and 2010 might see changes back to old school thinking..... ROAR Committee's will have to look further into the situation.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #667
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
ah, radio impound.....

I can say I'm not a proponent of doing away with the concept - not until DSS/DSM is mandated at nationals. (by the way, fancy 27mhz, half frequencies and 40 bands are illegal.... Federal Government illegal.. thats quite a risk to use them)

But... racers, track owners and class committee's across the board requested for several years to be allowed the option of an impound area or not..... and that is the rule in the book now.

Personally, races I attend, its easier to not deal with impound every day but I do worry about that one person who seems to think their turned on radio isn't going to do any damage to a car on the track.. (sorry Billy, heard about what happened!) Its that ONE case that proves the point we are still in need of an impound area and 2010 might see changes back to old school thinking..... ROAR Committee's will have to look further into the situation.
I agree completely. Impound is still a must. There are plenty of us out here that do not like the feel of DSM and as long as 27 and 75 mhz are still allowed by the FCC, we will keep using them.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I agree completely. Impound is still a must. There are plenty of us out here that do not like the feel of DSM and as long as 27 and 75 mhz are still allowed by the FCC, we will keep using them.
Why not just impound the AM/FM radios? The rest that use DSM don't effect these guys, let them keep their radios.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #669
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Why not just impound the AM/FM radios? The rest that use DSM don't effect these guys, let them keep their radios.
i havent seen so many cry babys in a long time .If you dont have any thing positivee to say stay off the nats page big tom
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #670
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
i havent seen so many cry babys in a long time .If you dont have any thing positivee to say stay off the nats page big tom
You consider that negative? I have a right to make a suggestion.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #671
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats to all the Winners!!!

Mike Swauger, Paul LeMieux, Eli Ezrow and Ralph Burch for his TQ.

Special thanks to Mike Swauger, Harry Hananouchi, Billy Bowerman ( great engine tuning ), Brad & James Toffelmire, Terry Brown ( I had a awesome time Tuesday night ), Sohlman, Jeff & Loran Whiting for the AWESOME pit work, Joby Uchtman & Dad, Steve Rossi, Scott Fisher, and Uriah for changing my rear bearing to help me bump out of the 1/4 main in 1/8TH.

Ruben great job as well, and to the One Eight Racers Club for a race well ran.

Nice to see all of my Midwest friends as well !!!

Thanks to all of my sponsors, all of your help is much appreciated !!!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First I'd like to thank Serpent America for all they're help, they taught me a lot. Mr. Desoto for finding the parts in the dark for after my car ran away. (Dude you saved the race for me) Big Big thanks to Melvin Aulston for the awesome pit work in the 1/4 final. Demeterius Blount thanks for the support dawg. Georgia Boyz way to represent

And last..........to all the doubters of the S733..............
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #673
Tech Regular

As a member of the One Eighth Racers of Toledo club, I would like to thank everyone that made it out for the Nationals. The race RMT team did a great job running the race. They kept on schedule which is hard to do with that many racers. Ruben kept the crowd entertained (even though names got mixed up....LOL). Jimmy Babcock (Race Director) did an excellent job addressing issues that popped up and took action as necessary. BTW, Happy Birthday Jimmy! Steve was great in tech and Canyon (spelling....sorry) running the scoring and making the Nationals available on www.liverc.com.

Thanks to the event sponsors: Shepherd, Max Engines, Novarossi, Serpent America, Mugen Seiki Racing, KO Propo, Tornado Fuel, and Byrons Fuel.

As for myself, I would like to thank Ira and my dad for the pitwork in the main. Sorry it was short lived. Thanks to the Mugen team for their help with setup and pit help. Steve Sohlman and Paul Lemiuex, thanks! Congrats to Mike Swauger for an outstanding race backing up his Worlds runner-up with a US National title. Paul Chicky and Aaron Buran for a third and fifth respectively. And Paul Lemiuex and Eli Ezrow for your class wins. Thanks to all my sponsors: Mugen USA, Tornado, KO Propo, XS Power, IDM Engines, Parma/PSE, YB Slow, and Faskolor.

It was great to hear all the positive feedback from racers as they were leaving. Someone thanked us and said it was one of the best Nationals they have been to in years. The club went through countless hours to make sure it was as good as expected. Your positive feedback made it all the better!

Enjoy those cups and drink up to a fine week of racing for all!
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #674
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Congrats to all the podium winners & A Main finalist for providing an awesome & exciting race to watch

Props to the ROAR Officials,Track Crew,1/8th Crew for an awesome event.

Thanks to my sponsors
Brooklyn Hobbies for the laughs,pitting,Fuel thanks again Richie,Vidal
Serpent America for an awesome car,Paolo,Nigel thanks for taking the time for the small adjustments
Rcamerica/Max power for a flawless engine

My 1st 1/8th Nationals & look forward to more it was such a blast seeing old friends & meeting new ones
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #675
Tech Addict

Everyone involved in the running of this race gets a huge "atta boy".
The 1/8th Scale Club of Toledo and the RMT did a great job.
Jimmy you did a great job and I hope you continue doing the job. Their are always new things to learn and you did a great job understanding that. You had a very open mind and it only made the program better.
It was great to go to a race that everything ran on time. GREAT JOB.

Congrats to Mike, Eli and Paul on becoming the 2009 ROAR On Road Champions.

Thank you all for a very enjoyable race.
Greg Esser
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote