R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #646
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsand View Post
So who won ? If it wasn't for Mike, this Nats would be the worst event coverage ever.
if it wasent for dave larry and his crew we wouldnt ave the awesome pictures that are on his link.Thank you dave your the man!!!!!!
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #647
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D View Post
if it wasent for dave larry and his crew we wouldnt ave the awesome pictures that are on his link.Thank you dave your the man!!!!!!
wow what an awesome week of racing for tommy and i.I am still in shock .Cant believe how stiff the compatition was in the sedan class .We qualified 15 and bumped to the a.We started the a half the track back with 14 in it and we started 13.Tommy drove his ass off and finished 8 over all finishing ahead of some very competive drivers.I guess he proved he had what it takes to be where he was I am so proud of you son ,you wheeled that new x-ray like one of the factory drivers.the results speak for them selves.Thank you to the host track and the roar team it was the smoothest nats ive been to yet congrats to all the drivers who attended the event and thank you team x-ray for suppporting tommy throughout the event it feels good to be on the winning team.We had a blast.Thanks uriah murnan for the engines they were balistic .Quite a few of them in the a also .I think there was 80% of the a main cars were x-rays way to go!!!!! .Bobby flack thanks for all your support you really worked with tommy this week your advice was priceless
see ya all at the worlds.
big tom

Last edited by KyoshokiddT.D; 09-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #648
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

YB Slow Inc. would like to thank and congradulate the 2009 1/8 open and 1/8 Masters National Chanpions Mike Swauger and Eli Ezrow for using our products at this event along with several finalists Paul Ciccarell, Brian Berry, Sal DaFazio and Steve Rossi and I hope I am not leaving anyone out.

It was nice to meet a lot of our customers for the first time face to face and hope to see all of you guys again at a race soon.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #649
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
YB Slow Inc. would like to thank and congradulate the 2009 1/8 open and 1/8 Masters National Chanpions Mike Swauger and Eli Ezrow for using our products at this event along with several finalists Paul Ciccarell, Brian Berry, Sal DaFazio and Steve Rossi and I hope I am not leaving anyone out.

It was nice to meet a lot of our customers for the first time face to face and hope to see all of you guys again at a race soon.
Which YBSlow parts does Mike use on his car?
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #650
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
So who won ? If it wasn't for Mike, this Nats would be the worst event coverage ever.

did you not get a chance to log into www.liverc.com as posted Saturday morning on this very thread to watch the live streaming video and scoring??
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #651
Suspended

Quote:
Not to mention that it is the worst RMT and race director too, should have not picked an offroad guy for an onroad race, can't believe that the rules kept on changing through out the race by the race director.
the_geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #652
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
did you not get a chance to log into www.liverc.com as posted Saturday morning on this very thread to watch the live streaming video and scoring??
Maybe it was me but I did not see any listing for the On road nats on the selecting board of LiveRC. I checked it a few times this past weekend.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #653
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Maybe it was me but I did not see any listing for the On road nats on the selecting board of LiveRC. I checked it a few times this past weekend.

That's odd, I watched the racing all Saturday on liverc and I would have watched it all Sunday but I had a race to go to.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #654
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post

yea, it must be.. the listing was on LiveRC at about 9:00 a.m. PST on Saturday. We didn't have the equipment until about then.....

In fact, at one point, I saw about 300 people logged in..... it was an active weekend. I'm sorry you missed it. It was incredible coverage!!!

About the RMT comment, for one, that is out of line. I dont' think you can even understand the amount of hard work involved in doing an event like this one and on a perfect schedule with NO controversies. Any event will make alterations as necessary for smooth runing. This event was no different and was professionally managed by four very well trained and expeirenced management team members.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #655
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dawn, just ignore that comment...

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Dawn, just ignore that comment...
+1
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #657
rjr
Tech Adept

Not sure who "the_geeky" is but, obviously they know nothing. The RMT did a fantastic job all week.

The RMT is just one of the great things ROAR has done to continue to improve the consistency and quality of the races.
rjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #658
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Well, I'm not a huge ROAR advocate in general and I even complained to the RMT all week/weekend. And you know what they did? They fixed things!. From huge tech inconsistencies to simple procedures that on-road guys are used to. Plus they were open to opinions and suggestions. I definitely did not expect that. Good job guys...can't believe I'm said that.

Only thing I would have changed: we needed radio impound. But to RMT's defense, they addressed it, but we still have drivers that forget (Joby!).
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #659
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr View Post
Not sure who "the_geeky" is but, obviously they know nothing. The RMT did a fantastic job all week.

The RMT is just one of the great things ROAR has done to continue to improve the consistency and quality of the races.

He's always posting negative commmets he's been warned before
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #660
Tech Master

With DSM, all the exotic 27mhz as well as 75mhz freqs, radio impound is kinda obsolete.

Like to say job well done to the One-Eighth Racers of Toledo, ROAR RMT and especially to all the racers who attended!

A big "Atta Boy" to Uriah M. for making the Final I taught the lad all he knows!
Bob Malphurs is offline   Reply With Quote