R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #286
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Drew you coming back to Speedworld for some nitro sedan racing at the Mugen challenge??

For anyone running sedan that didn't get into the Nats, will have some great racing at Speedworld in July at the 2009 Mugen Seiki Sedan Challenge Cup..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...lenge-cup.html

Now back the Nats drama...

Scott wish I could but we have are first Xray challange of the year that weekend...See you at the nats...

Later Drew
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #287
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So how about a Nats. consolation race?!
Anyone else that has that time off scheduled, and wants to race???????
There are a few of us here in Spokane, WA.

We have an excellent facility, with lots-o-RV spots.
Smooth, HUGE layout, plenty-o-traction and.................... speed!!!!!!

Seriously, we are considering hosting an event during the ROAR Nats.
ROAR membership is NOT required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've got the time off, so come up here and use it!!!!!

Let's see, we'll call it the............................................... ..............................................
Dave Mapston Memorial Fuel Onroad Challenge

(Dave was a local track owner who was murdered in his shop during a robbery.
A portion of the proceeds will go to his favorite charity.)

1/10th and 1/8th Open and Masters, and IGT
Got something else you want to run? Bring it!!! 3 cars make a class!!!!

This could be a really competitive and FUN race!
You could still be racing a national (or world) caliber driver, who knows!!!

How about an entry fee of just $40 ?!!!
Get's better all the time doesn't it!!!

Awards...........................sure, we'll have plenty.
Trophy girls.....................not really, just a few grandkids
Mountains, lakes, vistas, recreation...................some of the best in the country

So what do you think guys, are you up for it?????????????!!!!!
onerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 AM   #288
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ View Post
With the economy the way it is i'm sure some people will sell them for $1500!
If you can do that?
But not me!
Maby $2000 CASH
Good Luck to all that got in!
later
Jeff Epperson:
:
jeff i herd there eeliminating masters class so now what ya gonna do?
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #289
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Masters !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D View Post
jeff i herd there eeliminating masters class so now what ya gonna do?
Wrong again Tommy or Tom !
Masters is for 1/8 scale I run 1/10 Sedan!
Check the list i'm all in both GLC and the NATS !
Ready for some FUN and Racing!
Later
Jeff E.
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #290
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ View Post
Wrong again Tommy or Tom !
Masters is for 1/8 scale I run 1/10 Sedan!
Check the list i'm all in both GLC and the NATS !
Ready for some FUN and Racing!
Later
Jeff E.
only busten your chops.
big tom
Old 06-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #291
Tech Master

I think it is a real bad deal over all, that there are some racers that did not get in to the event, but the good thing is that the race is sold out. It would be nice to please everybody but no one ever can no matter if it's ROAR or any race track owner putting on an event.

In general, I also think if ROAR should just stick to there guns be consistent then every racer will understand what they are doing and what to expect, but at times I feel that ROAR has bent over backwards to much to accommodate racers that have not signed up in time or some of the factory drivers just to get them into the events, that is what has caused some problem and why racers are not happy about this decision ROAR has made.

Some time inconsistent will back fire and get you in trouble, that’s why there is a problem about this be sold out and racers not getting into the event.
In general, some racers have not been in a hurry to sign up for an event because they are waiting to see who has signed up in the event or thinks that the race will not fill up so fast or even they have experienced the ROAR will have a deviation for more entries if it does sell out so that makes the racers not be in a hurry sign up. Well, I think this is where the real problem started. I think at times some negative comments are started just to see if they can break ROAR down hard enough that they will allow more entries because they have done that in the past..

ROAR should start some where’s, I think deviations for more racers at events are not good no matter what. The track should say how many racers they can handle when they send in their bid and ROAR already states in there rule book for the amount of entries and stick with that and do not change at anytime after they have made the decision to award the bidding Host track for the race. ROAR has made deviations to accommodate for more entries than I feel they should have in the past no matter if it’s once, twice or three times. IMO, ROAR should not have work around other races or a certain time to post up an entry form for a race. In general, we all know when the races are and it’s our responsibility to keep our eyes and ears open if we what to go to the event. It is what it is and you sign up or you don’t, that’s not ROAR or any Host tracks fault for not entering the event.

I think ROAR has bent over for a lot of racers and good for them, but you have to stay consistent on making decisions and you will get the respect in the long run and I guarantee more racers will sign up early without any hesitation at the next registration for a race, and that’s the way it should be.

Last edited by YLLIB; 06-12-2009 at 03:39 PM.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #292
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ROAR fuel offroad nats has 385 entries (so far? capped?) if you are interested in running a big race.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #293
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
I think it is a real bad deal over all, that there are some racers that did not get in to the event, but the good thing is that the race is sold out. It would be nice to please everybody but no one ever can no matter if it's ROAR or any race track owner putting on an event.

In general, I also think if ROAR should just stick to there guns be consistent then every racer will understand what they are doing and what to expect, but at times I feel that ROAR has bent over backwards to much to accommodate racers that have not signed up in time or some of the factory drivers just to get them into the events, that is what has caused some problem and why racers are not happy about this decision ROAR has made.

Some time inconsistent will back fire and get you in trouble, thatís why there is a problem about this be sold out and racers not getting into the event.
In general, some racers have not been in a hurry to sign up for an event because they are waiting to see who has signed up in the event or thinks that the race will not fill up so fast or even they have experienced the ROAR will have a deviation for more entries if it does sell out so that makes the racers not be in a hurry sign up. Well, I think this is where the real problem started. I think at times some negative comments are started just to see if they can break ROAR down hard enough that they will allow more entries because they have done that in the past..

ROAR should start some whereís, I think deviations for more racers at events are not good no matter what. The track should say how many racers they can handle when they send in their bid and ROAR already states in there rule book for the amount of entries and stick with that and do not change at anytime after they have made the decision to award the bidding Host track for the race. ROAR has made deviations to accommodate for more entries than I feel they should have in the past no matter if itís once, twice or three times. IMO, ROAR should not have work around other races or a certain time to post up an entry form for a race. In general, we all know when the races are and itís our responsibility to keep our eyes and ears open if we what to go to the event. It is what it is and you sign up or you donít, thatís not ROAR or any Host tracks fault for not entering the event.

I think ROAR has bent over for a lot of racers and good for them, but you have to stay consistent on making decisions and you will get the respect in the long run and I guarantee more racers will sign up early without any hesitation at the next registration for a race, and thatís the way it should be.
you have too much time on your hands. big tom
Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
you have too much time on your hands. big tom
насколько я заинтересован, Рев весь испорчен. Они знали, что это собиралось случаться и все, что они хотели сделать - делают вещи diffucult.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Ruben posted this earlier for class total's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Class limits have been set based off of a 16 main program to insure that we get done with plenty of light.

1/8th Open
7 mains x 12 cars - 84 max
1/8th Masters
2 mains x 12 cars - 24 max
1/10th Sedan
7 mains x 14 cars - 98 max

And this is the totals from the ROAR website...

1/8th scale Open...67

1/8th scale Masters...23

1/10th scale sedan...86

Did the entry limit's change???

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #296
Tech Master

I think the reason your numbers are not working is because they will run a tree style race.

1/8
A main 8 cars 45 + 5 min warmup = 50 min
Semis 10 A side 30min 10 B side 30min = 66 min with warmup
1/4 10 A side 25min 10 B side 25 min = 56 min with warmup
1/32 12 A side 20 min 12 B side 20 min = 46 min with warmup

= 72 racers
Race totals are 3.6 hours for this class only

1/10
A main 6 cars
Semis 10 A side 10 B side
1/4 10 A side 10 B side
1/32 14 A side 14 B side

= 74 racers
Race totals are 3.6 hours minimum for this class only

The two main classes alone are more than 7 hour to race and that is with no problems with weather or any other issue. Roar is maxed out and would have still have to add the masters class racers to the total which are about 1.5 to 2 hours....

Adding one heat adds 20 more racers to the total. If you have 14 racers in the main you will end with 74 or 94 racers total depending if you have 7 or 9 races..

2 or 4 bump from each side of the tree and the lower mains have to start with 12 or 14 and continue up the tree... That is how you get 72 or 92 in 1/8th and sedan with 4 bumps from each side needs to start with 14 and have 6 cars waiting in the Amain....

This allows the race to continue running without stopping for the bump up guys. It makes a lot more sense but does not allow for more heats than what the set up originally..... Hope that helps you guys who are confused.

Or another option

This does not flow as good but does the job. It also makes the bump up work really hard. It takes longer to run and does not allow for more than a tree format like above...

200mm
A = 12
B = 12
C = 12
D =12
E =12
F =12
G =14
= 86 total

1/8th
A = 10
B = 10
C = 10
D =10
E =10
F =10
G =12
= 72 total

Master
A = 10
B = 12
= 22
= 180-182 racers total
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #297
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo View Post
I think the reason your numbers are not working is because they will run a tree style race.

1/8
A main 8 cars 45 + 5 min warmup = 50 min
Semis 10 A side 30min 10 B side 30min = 66 min with warmup
1/4 10 A side 25min 10 B side 25 min = 56 min with warmup
1/32 12 A side 20 min 12 B side 20 min = 46 min with warmup

= 72 racers
Race totals are 3.6 hours for this class only

1/10
A main 6 cars
Semis 10 A side 10 B side
1/4 10 A side 10 B side
1/32 14 A side 14 B side

= 74 racers
Race totals are 3.6 hours minimum for this class only

The two main classes alone are more than 7 hour to race and that is with no problems with weather or any other issue. Roar is maxed out and would have still have to add the masters class racers to the total which are about 1.5 to 2 hours....

Adding one heat adds 20 more racers to the total. If you have 14 racers in the main you will end with 74 or 94 racers total depending if you have 7 or 9 races..

2 or 4 bump from each side of the tree and the lower mains have to start with 12 or 14 and continue up the tree... That is how you get 72 or 92 in 1/8th and sedan with 4 bumps from each side needs to start with 14 and have 6 cars waiting in the Amain....

This allows the race to continue running without stopping for the bump up guys. It makes a lot more sense but does not allow for more heats than what the set up originally..... Hope that helps you guys who are confused.

Or another option

This does not flow as good but does the job. It also makes the bump up work really hard. It takes longer to run and does not allow for more than a tree format like above...

200mm
A = 12
B = 12
C = 12
D =12
E =12
F =12
G =14
= 86 total

1/8th
A = 10
B = 10
C = 10
D =10
E =10
F =10
G =12
= 72 total

Master
A = 10
B = 12
= 22
= 180-182 racers total
Damn Ralf I thought you sucked in math
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #298
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
You comin to the GLC? Good job in Turkey...If I don't see you at the GLC see you at the nats...

Drew
Drew,

You makin the GLC? Haven't got your entry yet.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #299
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Berry View Post
Drew,

You makin the GLC? Haven't got your entry yet.

Brian what up, yes I am coming but not racing will be working on and pitting Ralph's cars...Ralph and Paul should be signing up soon...Wish I could race but duty calls..But yes I will be there...

Thanks Drew
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #300
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
only busten your chops.
big tom
Are yall not racing GLC or NATS?
Whats up with that??
later
Jeff E