Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO >

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

man I hope work picks up I would make it for sure!!!!
any Ideas on entry limits?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I think it should be one day of 4 qualys for sedan, another day for masters and another day for 1/8th open. And the control practice should be on the wednesday (9/2), with the mains on saturday and sunday. Just my opinion.

Not a terrible idea, but for the Nats the rule book specifies how many rounds of quals are to be held.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Not a terrible idea, but for the Nats the rule book specifies how many rounds of quals are to be held.
Yes, but perhaps an exception can be made. If Im correct(dont have the rule book handy) its 6 rounds of quals, how many times do the races get rained out? I would be happy with 4 rounds, even 3, but I think if the race was ran this way, we could manage 4.

Also, this way makes it easier for the crazy people(me), that want to run both classes. We can concentrate on one car a day, maybe even put the masters class between the sedan and 1/8th open. 1st day sedan 2nd day masters, 3rd day 1/8th open.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

bump
Old 03-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Killa G
That sucks. I planned on making it to the sedan nats this year but the date change is no good for me. I definately understand the logic behind the date switch as it may make things better for some in todays economy but wouldn't it be better to take a poll to see what's good for the majority? Many people make plans labor day weekend.

Thanks
Gael
Ditto +1
Old 03-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nevermind............
Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Holy inflated font size Brad.... LOL..... concerned folks won't see the website?

Speak your mind.... I do read this.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guess that means that I am out on the Sedan Nats. Too far to drive to Toledo, don't like flying with my gear with these new TSA rules, and already had Labor Day weekend plans.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I think it should be one day of 4 qualys for sedan, another day for masters and another day for 1/8th open. And the control practice should be on the wednesday (9/2), with the mains on saturday and sunday. Just my opinion.

This sounds like a great format, but I see one problem with it. Three classes with a day assigned to each class for qualifying. What if it rains one of the three days or two of the three days?? By mixing classes spread over three days at least everyone would get a qualifier in the event of rain.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Don't forget - Sedan is worlds qualifier for the IFMAR event being held in the USA in 2010 in Houston.

Spots are filled first with previous champs, A main drivers from previous WC event, qualified racers with current membership and paid in full entry flyer prior to the deadline and THEN with alternates who have requested consideration to run the event and have current memberships and returned paid in full entry flyer prior to the deadline.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Holy inflated font size Brad.... LOL..... concerned folks won't see the website?

Speak your mind.... I do read this.
I will send you a pm.................my opinions about capitalism did not really belong in this thread.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Don't forget - Sedan is worlds qualifier for the IFMAR event being held in the USA in 2010 in Houston.

Spots are filled first with previous champs, A main drivers from previous WC event, qualified racers with current membership and paid in full entry flyer prior to the deadline and THEN with alternates who have requested consideration to run the event and have current memberships and returned paid in full entry flyer prior to the deadline.
How far up do you to qualify to get a spot in the worlds?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

ROAR is typically allocated 30 spaces and occasionally more from other blocs that don't use their allocation and depending on the event and entry limit per IFMAR rules.

But, to quickly answer... 10 are typically filled with previous champs and A mainers leaving 20 for mere mortals.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

ROAR is typically allocated 30 spaces and occasionally more from other blocs that don't use their allocation and depending on the event and entry limit per IFMAR rules.

But, to quickly answer... 10 are typically filled with previous champs and A mainers leaving 20 for mere mortals.
LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lets get it on!
Ready to travel!:
See ya there
Jeff Epperson
Blowin Smoke BBQ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.