R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARDO View Post
........ I thought Mike Quellar was gone.
Hey, don't ever mention the r/c anti-Christ on this hallowed forum!!! Keep that up and you will lose your r/c priviledges!!!
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #257
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
The last 2 years, the sedan nats have NOT done well.

2006 had a good turnout, and it was a combined event in 2005.

http://www.roarracing.org/results/nats/
It was not a combined event in 2005. They had 1/8th and Outlaw 1/10th. In 2005 the sedan Nat's were in Texas. I think the last combined nitro race was in 99 or 2000.
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #258
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Swauger View Post
It was not a combined event in 2005. They had 1/8th and Outlaw 1/10th. In 2005 the sedan Nat's were in Texas. I think the last combined nitro race was in 99 or 2000.

Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #259
Tech Elite

repost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Statistics from ROAR achives:

1997 - combined event
124 entries

1998 - combined event
194 entries

1999 - combined event
164 entries

2000 - combined event
179 entries

2001 - combined event
160 entries

2002 - split up
Sedan - 138
8th - 114
Total 252

2003 - split
Sedan - 150
8th - 83
Total 233

2004 - split
Sedan 146
8th 162
Total 308

2005 split
Sedan 92
8th 156
Total 248

2006 split
Sedan 155
8th 144
Total 299

2007 split
Sedan 92
8th 125
Total 217

2008 split
Sedan 74
8th 150
Total 224

Just wanting to provide facts if entry numbers are going to be in the discussion.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #260
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:

1997 - combined event
124 entries

1998 - combined event
194 entries

1999 - combined event
164 entries

2000 - combined event
179 entries

2001 - combined event
160 entries

2002 - split up
Sedan - 138
8th - 114
Total 252

2003 - split
Sedan - 150
8th - 83
Total 233

2004 - split
Sedan 146
8th 162
Total 308

2005 split
Sedan 92
8th 156
Total 248

2006 split
Sedan 155
8th 144
Total 299

2007 split
Sedan 92
8th 125
Total 217

2008 split
Sedan 74
8th 150
Total 224

Just wanting to provide facts if entry numbers are going to be in the discussion.
The only thing that this proves is that ROAR knew it was going to have more than 200 entries and should have made every possible effort to accommodate at least 217 racers, not 180. Not push the fault of this off onto the racers.

The only good thing that could happen for those that don't get to attend this year is it rain all week. (I know, NOT FUNNY, right?) Well, for those that get to go to this event, good luck.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #261
Tech Addict

Quote:
repost
just a thought for the future but looking at the combined and split events, ever since 2002 the total entries has exceeded more than 200 entries and in one year more than 300. i think to ease a little bit of confusion, maybe increasing the maximum amount of mains/entries for the future if you guys are still considering combined events.
VP Fuel
Hot Race Tires
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #262
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default racing

I just finished racing the capitol classic at 301 and I was there from wed - sun, prior to that I was in the Caribbean for 4 days. I remember knowing the date for registration was some time near my short vacation and the 5 days I would be at the classic. Well I dare not open the laptop on the vacation so one rainy morning while at the classic, but in the hotel i logged on, to see the registration was filling fast. I remember making the trip out to the car to go through my pit bag to get my roar card so I could register right away. I did, and I got in. later that day I remember telling everyone i could while at the classic to make sure they registered immediately because the race was going to fill, very fast. I feel very bad for many of the guys who haven't gotten in but this new electronic registration is going to change race sign up from here on in. I love it. Paypal your race reg, and see your name almost instantly it's great.

I know we all like to check the registration to see who's coming and base our entry upon that. I know I have waited in the past to see if my racing buddies have theirs in and then sent mine in etc. I'm very sympathetic about those who haven't made it in, hopefully the standby list will be filled as quickly as spots open up in the same professional matter the original sign ups have been done in.

See you all in Toledo.
nytaurean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
I've been thinking that this is the way to go, joining the two events, but after a lot of thought, is it? For those that run 1/10 and 1/8th, now you might be forced to choose which class you will not run. Will this even further eliminate participation from one class or another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Has any thought been given to initially holding entries to one class and releasing the remaining open spots some time period before the race??
Dawn S wrote back: Yes I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gesser26 View Post
Just think a little bit James before you write or are you just trying to stir things up because you can.
Greg Esser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I remember who you are now....

Some people can never be pleased, it happens in everything. I guess you are just one of those people.

I can move on now.
FUNNY STUFF..... all posted back in April
Old 06-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #264
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytaurean View Post
I just finished racing the capitol classic at 301 and I was there from wed - sun, prior to that I was in the Caribbean for 4 days. I remember knowing the date for registration was some time near my short vacation and the 5 days I would be at the classic. Well I dare not open the laptop on the vacation so one rainy morning while at the classic, but in the hotel i logged on, to see the registration was filling fast. I remember making the trip out to the car to go through my pit bag to get my roar card so I could register right away. I did, and I got in. later that day I remember telling everyone i could while at the classic to make sure they registered immediately because the race was going to fill, very fast. I feel very bad for many of the guys who haven't gotten in but this new electronic registration is going to change race sign up from here on in. I love it. Paypal your race reg, and see your name almost instantly it's great.

I know we all like to check the registration to see who's coming and base our entry upon that. I know I have waited in the past to see if my racing buddies have theirs in and then sent mine in etc. I'm very sympathetic about those who haven't made it in, hopefully the standby list will be filled as quickly as spots open up in the same professional matter the original sign ups have been done in.

See you all in Toledo.
Hey Taurean,
When you get a chance give me a call!
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #265
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytaurean View Post

See you all in Toledo.
Plus 1 Taurean
after a 13 hour drive back home the 1st thing I did was renew my roar membership since it expires in August then signed up & payed for my entry then doozed off guess I got lucky not like some others see ya in September
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #266
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
Dawn S wrote back: Yes I have.

FUNNY STUFF..... all posted back in April
Where do I start laughing back in the 07 Nat's I had to make that choice when finding out that the 08 dates were changed & the Sedan Nat's moved from May to October with 1/8th in September I had to choose 1 event then same scenario for 09 at least we have a choice Although I wished I was able to sign up for both classes this year I guess I have to plan better next year
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #267
Tech Master

Quote:

1997 - combined event
124 entries

1998 - combined event
194 entries

1999 - combined event
164 entries

2000 - combined event
179 entries

2001 - combined event
160 entries

2002 - split up
Sedan - 138
8th - 114
Total 252

2003 - split
Sedan - 150
8th - 83
Total 233

2004 - split
Sedan 146
8th 162
Total 308

2005 split
Sedan 92
8th 156
Total 248

2006 split
Sedan 155
8th 144
Total 299

2007 split
Sedan 92
8th 125
Total 217

2008 split
Sedan 74
8th 150
Total 224

My point was, having the touring car nats in November, hurt the attendence.
But ,if you can run two classes, the number of people that can attend, will be the lowest, in years. I would have hoped Roar would try and increase attendence,rather than gauranteeing a decrease.
WARDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I missed out also but I was hedging my bet on if I should sign up and waited a day to long.

You cant really bash roar for this they were pretty clear of limits and signup dates.

It seems odd that the race has such limited entries but it was explained well in advance...looks like most people just got caught out with fast sign up as it is a worlds year...such is life.

Still plenty of other events around the country to attend.
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #269
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like the idea of having qualifying races for the Nationals if you are going to combine the 2 classes and limit the amount of entries. It is not fair to alot of people who want to race but can't because there is not enough room for them. Or possibly limit the drivers to one class to allow other fellow racers to join the event. Just an opinion.
JASON MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Jim - I am not the Orange handle. Take that up with him please. If you have issues with comments I have said, please take with me. Yes, I answered Rick Davis's question and yes, it was considered. And, yes, it was decided to not limit to one class per entry for many reasons - one of which, this is an event open to all members. For ROAR to limit your choices goes against everything ROAR stands for.

The combination had nothing to do with anything other than financial concerns for all parties involved. Please know, we were very aware the entry count was going to be at its maximum and it was going to fill fast. Therefore, the SEVERAL announcements and prodding people to pay attention to their membership dates and the exact dates registration would be open. (please see opening post on this thread.)

The limited entry count was not a ROAR decision but well, how do I put this, a simple matter of daylight hours and main events that are more than 5 minutes long.

I am sorry you didn't get the memo filed several times about when the event was opening registration and how the process will work. It appears many others did.