Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

One way to help for the future is to have a Nationals be a privilege earned and not just for anyone that wants to register. To attend a Nationals make racers attend a State or Regional level event first to qualify. This will make plenty of room next time and also make racers respect the level of a race. At the moment anyone can register and I am sure there are people in this event that would not meet the requirements. They are going to try and qualify for a Worlds and may have never even seen a State or Regional level event.

I know it is too late for this event, just food for though.

Limiting a racer to one class will not be fair for the manufactors, who are some of the sponsors for the races.

Good luck with this topic, it is not easy to handle. Just glad i got in.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
i agree james there should be 20 mains like the rules state.
Tommy .... how can you agree with something that is not correct? If your going to brow beat us for not "following rules" at least have the rule correct.

10.2. The maximum number of event entries will be limited as follows:10.2.1. Electric On Road 25 qualifying heats
10.2.2. Electric Off Road 35 qualifying heats
10.2.3. Electric Oval 35 qualifying heats
10.2.4. Fuel Off Road 25 qualifying heats
10.2.5. Fuel On Road 20 qualifying heats
10.2.6. 1/5th Scale 14 qualifying heats

This was taken directly from the '09 ROAR RMT Nationals Guidelines which I downloaded from the ROAR website, where anyone can download it and read it.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
One way to help for the future is to have a Nationals be a privilege earned and not just for anyone that wants to register. To attend a Nationals make racers attend a State or Regional level event first to qualify. This will make plenty of room next time and also make racers respect the level of a race. At the moment anyone can register and I am sure there are people in this event that would not meet the requirements. They are going to try and qualify for a Worlds and may have never even seen a State or Regional level event.

Limiting a racer to one class will not be fair for the manufactors, who are some of the sponsors for the races.

DJ Apolaro

DJ ...... thanks for the words of encouragement. We are looking into this. It would be a very difficult task to manage and ensure fairness for all members in all regions. I really like the idea of Regional/State Qualifiers but how do we get participation from regions for certain classes of racing where there is minimal participation for that style of racing? Does that limit the ability of member where a regional/or state qualifier isn't held to be able to qualify. Would he now be forced to seen $100's of dollars to travel to another region or state to have a chance at qualifying? I'd love to hear ideas if you have them DJ. You can contact me any time you like to discuss as this thread is not the place.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roniel_R
i feel shafted because i didnt have the possibility to pay while i was away at the Capitol Classic
Registration opened on June 1, and was announced that it would open on May 25.

The Cap Classic started on June 3. Even if you flew up on June 2, you still had an opportunity to register.

Heck, I registered online June 2 and MAILED my check in, and still got in.

A little advance planning would have saved you this headache.

Seems a lot of people just assumed this race wouldn't sell out in a week, got caught with their collective pants down, and now want to lay the blame elsewhere.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Dawn - you had to know this resentment was coming. Two date changes, one venue change, limited entries, a World qualifier...and this is just the Sedan class. It seems sanctioning bodies all over the world are flexing some sort of authority and claiming "it is in the best interest of all racers." The best interest for the USA is to give "us" the opportunity to put the best drivers into the World Championship...period. That means giving any and everyone a chance to show and prove.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roniel_R
none taken but but i dont feel im insulting anybody here its just a joke to me that i have been a Roar member since 2000 and i have never seen this combining events happen, .
Well, events have been combined for years, it would appear you don't pay attention to the organization outside of your preferred mode of racing then. The combination solved a financial problem for racers, sponsors, host tracks and ROAR. I can't see how you don't see that.

And yes, you are insulting with your comments and criticisms. I've been a ROAR member since 1995 and to be quite honest, I have never seen the positive growth and activity for any national event as I have seen for all of them this year.

DJ - I'm so torn on any of those ideas, personally. I believe ROAR is about the racer and not limiting options. The cream will rise to the top and qualifying for a Worlds is not a reality for most racers, just the top 30 or so. So to consider anything regarding ROAR for IFMAR events is not doing the membership any favors.

BUT......... to limit class selections to only one, well, although seems correct on paper to gain MORE RACERS at the event, I feel its wrong and an elitist attitude.

So, its a discussion we will certainly have for 2010 as 2011 brings the 8th fuel worlds to the USA and this situation will most certainly occur again.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Registration opened on June 1, and was announced that it would open on May 25.

The Cap Classic started on June 3. Even if you flew up on June 2, you still had an opportunity to register.

Heck, I registered online June 2 and MAILED my check in, and still got in.

A little advance planning would have saved you this headache.

Seems a lot of people just assumed this race wouldn't sell out in a week, got caught with their collective pants down, and now want to lay the blame elsewhere.
A lot of racers got to the Cap Classic on Monday the 1st...some earlier.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sohlman
Dawn - you had to know this resentment was coming.
Edit:

Actually, No.. I had no idea this attitude was going to show up because ROAR has communicated in every way possible EVERY step of this entire process. From the online registration with the membership status and how important that is and why we had to do this direction, to the venue change and why and our wanting to provide only the best in financial concerns for our membership and track affiliates as well as our industry affiliates.

And, I am surprised people don't read information provided to them regarding a hobby they state is so important to them and overall fairness to all involved is just as important.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 06-11-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: thought about the question for awhile and edited my response
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sohlman
A lot of racers got to the Cap Classic on Monday the 1st...some earlier.
Once again...advance planning.

I'm sure anyone that has the financial means to spend nearly an entire week at the Cap Classic, would also have the means to own and/or find a computer to take care of registration.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

self edit.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

well i guess i will now have more cash to attend other races

Mugen Challange here i come
Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

DJ Apolaro
DJ,

That is a very good idea. There are 12 regions on the ROAR map. For any national event, the top 10 from each region (basically your top 10 A-main drivers) receive an automatic spot with the 11th and 12th guy from that Regional's A-main getting a reserve spot (if any of the top 10 don't got to/attend their Nats, then they can fill that open spot). That would give you 120 participants total. Then, you can have the remaining spots (40 to 60 depending on entry limits) being "at-large" billets open to anyone that wants to go to that Nats (first come, first serve). There would have to be rules drawn up for situations like a region or regions that don't hold Regionals or have no participation in certain classes on what to do as far as spreading out their National qualifying spots to other regions. It could get tricky and I am sure you will not make everyone happy but it is better than nothing at all.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

DJ Apolaro

I agree DJ. I'm no where near fast enough to qualify for the worlds. I'm not attenting this event. But I have no problems with a qualification criteria for this race. Gentlemen this is the qual for the worlds If have to give up my spot for someone who is more deserving then I would do it in heartbeat.
I hope all the fast guys get in you know who you are...

Pass you soon...
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
. It could get tricky and I am sure you will not make everyone happy but it is better than nothing at all.
Bascially, there has never been such a system because events were not selling out anyway. So, to put limits on events would decrease participation worse and cause more financial strains on host facilities that are already struggling. Some events last year had less than 100 entries. That is financially devasting to the host, the sponsors and ROAR. That cannot happen ever again.

Fact is, this is the first year all the events have sold out. (with the exception of one of which was cancelled to avoid EXACTLY the above stated devastation.) Last year and year before, Carpet Nats sold out and no other came close.

So, now we are seeing greater interest in racing, greater availabilty to racing, greater ease into getting into racing without breaking your wallet.... and this is ROAR's doing and ROAR's attention to detail.

There is no correct answer. Only correct answer is to provide as much communication as possible as we have done and will continue to do.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Bascially, there has never been such a system because events were not selling out anyway. So, to put limits on events would decrease participation worse and cause more financial strains on host facilities that are already struggling. Some events last year had less than 100 entries. That is financially devasting to the host, the sponsors and ROAR. That cannot happen ever again.

Fact is, this is the first year all the events have sold out. (with the exception of one of which was cancelled to avoid EXACTLY the above stated devastation.) Last year and year before, Carpet Nats sold out and no other came close.

So, now we are seeing greater interest in racing, greater availabilty to racing, greater ease into getting into racing without breaking your wallet.... and this is ROAR's doing and ROAR's attention to detail.

There is no correct answer. Only correct answer is to provide as much communication as possible as we have done and will continue to do.

im sure this will all work out one way or the other all we can do is hope that the issue is addressed accordingly.
Big tom tommys dad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.