R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,021
Default nova 3 chamber pipe comparision

does anyone know what the new novarossi 3 chamber 3501 pipe compares to?
is it the same as the nova 2601?
does it have a low down or mid rage power band?
i cant find any data on this pipe
any one trying it?
cheers in advance
__________________
This is my xray nt1!
There are many other xray nt1's like it, but this one is mine!
Without my xray nt1,I am nothing!
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Taffyjnr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: QLD
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
I have heard it ruins your clutch....................
__________________
Sworkz EVOII LE/Hobbywing/Protek
Roche Rapid F1/Hobbywing/LRP
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
does anyone know what the new novarossi 3 chamber 3501 pipe compares to?
is it the same as the nova 2601?
does it have a low down or mid rage power band?
i cant find any data on this pipe
any one trying it?
cheers in advance
try it then let me know what its like
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,278
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

This pipe is based on the same design by rules as the 30xx pipes we all want to throw away. With the 30xx pipes there is a loss in power, higher temperature in the engine and you have to re-adjust the clutch to less performance.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
advfuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
This pipe is based on the same design by rules as the 30xx pipes we all want to throw away. With the 30xx pipes there is a loss in power, higher temperature in the engine and you have to re-adjust the clutch to less performance.
Spot on. Thats the same problem a racer had at our race track. It always look like clutch, It just wouldnt rev high enough before engagement, He also had a INS box. (Mugen)
advfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advfuel View Post
Spot on. Thats the same problem a racer had at our race track. It always look like clutch, It just wouldnt rev high enough before engagement, He also had a INS box. (Mugen)
sorted his clutch for him, now i feel he doesnt really lack on the track apart from the driving
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net