Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Racing

I have been doing off-road and I am very interested in getting into on-road. I'm about ready to buy a 1/10 and 1/8 on-road cars what are the best two for quality, stability, and steering. At least in off-road a issue that most people run in to are one of the three listed above. Can you experts help me out? Can you include your motor aswell?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I got into onroad last year and went with the mugen mrx4x.The car is great.Very durable and easy to work on.Parts are plentyful and not as expensive and everyone knows how to work on the car.You can't go wrong with the mugen.I got the ninja ro1a for my first motor and now I have a murnan modified 35 plus 21 cordoba too.The ninja is just as fast as all the other motors you just need to try and keep it in it's powerband alittle harder because it lacks alittle on the bottom but pulls very hard up top.It is easier to drive the car with the ninja because the motor is soo smooth.They don't sell it as a ninja anymore it is now sold as the grp .21 tuned and they make a promo kit for it that includes the pipe and header and a couple other little things.You can get that promo kit on ebay right now for 320 shipped.Best thing to do is go to your local track talk to everyone and see what the hobby stores around you stock parts for unless you want to buy online all the time.When I crash my car the parts I always break are the front uprights rear lower arms and rear shock tower.So I try to keep spares of these.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 99problems
I have been doing off-road and I am very interested in getting into on-road. I'm about ready to buy a 1/10 and 1/8 on-road cars what are the best two for quality, stability, and steering. At least in off-road a issue that most people run in to are one of the three listed above. Can you experts help me out? Can you include your motor aswell?
If you're racing 1/8 scale off-road and they're racing "GT" on-road cars in your area, you could check out the new class too
Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think a good car to start with would be the mugen 10th scale and 8th scale, the parts are easy to find and they are easy cars to work on