R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #106
Tech Initiate

Default I have mine

I'm still in Tokyo so I already have my kit half way assembled in the hotel room....but thanks.
jkestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default evolva comment

any comment to this evolva ? anything need to be observed during the assemblying.....thxs

Quote:
Originally posted by jkestler
I'm still in Tokyo so I already have my kit half way assembled in the hotel room....but thanks.
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:35 PM   #108
Tech Initiate

Default evolva

No gotchas yet. Looks good. I won't really know until I start driving it and breaking things.
Do yourself a favor though and get the setup sheets in English from either Kyosho Japan's website or the UK distributor....Acrobat will convert it to English characters. Then Assemble according to Shimo's (their best Japanese driver) setup sheet. This will tell you spring type, shock oil, pivot points, etc.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:01 AM   #109
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gonsped
I was quoted 49000 Yen from them yesterday!! Are they trying to cheat me?

The Paypal charges is to add 540 Yen on top of the 49,000 then add shipping and multiply the whole lot by 1.04.

Pretty good price if you pick up I guess.....why do some shop still charge that 4% anyhow?
RC Champ charges additional paypal fees and tax (if use paypal)
the other method of payment, however, costs an outrageous 5400 YEN. So paypal is still cheaper

A word of warning, they do not have very good customer service. I received a number of defective parts, and they refused to refund/ switch the parts for working ones.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:36 PM   #110
Tech Regular

Default Anyone got one on the track yet?

So has anyone here gotten their Evolva on the track yet? Any opinions on handling yet?
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default f2004

Are both servos under the tray or just the steering? Thanks
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:21 AM   #112
Tech Regular

Default Re: f2004

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
Are both servos under the tray or just the steering? Thanks
Its just the steering servo that is laid down. Just picture the car as the big brother to a V one RR Evolution. You gotta just love that fuel tank though!
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:49 AM   #113
Tech Rookie

Default Parts availability…

Apologies if this is not the correct way of doing things but noticed that quite a few people seem to be having problems locating spares for the Evolva? We are the official, exclusive UK dealer for this car and carry all the spares, majority of options as well as the cars them selves. The site also includes an interactive exploded diagram for ease of spares identification. If anyone was interested the address is http://www.gmmodels.co.uk or direct link to spares and
exploded views
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:47 AM   #114
Tech Apprentice

Default Rear setup question

Hello,

I am looking at the setup sheet. Does anyone know how to setup "SUS HOLDER: 7-2in"?
jasoncsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:44 PM   #115
Tech Initiate

Default Rear suspension holder

The rear suspension holder part # FM533-2 IS "7-2". It comes with the kit. There is an alternate part which is FM533 which is "7"

Some Building notes. Don't go by the measurement they give you for the upper rear a-arm adjustment ...you know the adjustment that goes in and out at the point it connects to the wheel hub. This adjustment will leave you with a reduced track and some suspension bind if the correct camber is used....instead go outside the end of the a-arm by about 2MM - then adjust the camber and you will end up with a rear track of 262MM (what you want from the setup sheets).

The manual also has you setup throttle/brake linkage wrong....it leads to braking on full accelation (the spring pushes the brake actuator backwards). I removed the spring on the brake side all-together. The antenna is also in the way of smooth operation of the brakes. Check this before you glaze your clutch like I did.

Heading to the track for the first real run today.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:04 PM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

jkestler

I am having a problem with the rear suspension on my evolva when I push down on the chassi to work the rear shocks it seems that as soon as the shocks start to compress all the pressure is already pulling on the rear body mount making it bow and not giving me a smooth working of the shocks please help. thank you in advance.
mike wannett if you have any tips on set up or cluch
settings please let me know,thanks
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:07 PM   #117
Tech Initiate

rear body mount....notice in the manual where they have it greyed where to trim...you need to trim the plastic on the links that connect the body mount to the upper a-arm. If that isn't it then move the pivot point from IN to OUT or viceversa
Old 04-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #118
Tech Initiate

Default DUDES!

If I can quote an earlier post
"KYOSHO EVOLVA ALL THE TIME!"

Went to the track last night and WOW! I put of 37 tires just for practice and to make sure it was balanced. I started with the front swaybar in full hard so that I would push...I didn't want to loop it at full speed yet. I slowly tuned the swaybar back and wow a predictable four wheel drift. It was very stable and predictable...now I have to learn to deal with the speed of 1/8 scale!
The tranny shifts real smooth and downshifts nice and light so not to upset the chassis on corner entry. The stock gears are a bit tall though....I have all the optional gears (suitcase from tokyo) and I'll have to start playing with them.
Anyway, They chassis was very responsive to changes. I used Shimo's setup from late 2003 then I wanted a little more rear grip so I stiffened it with the Gold springs and softened the swaybar. (part #FMW22 is from the Fantom 2001 but IS the optional adjustable rear swaybar).
Don't go nuts with the neg. camber...guys at the track where all telling me I had to have 3 deg. or more of negative camber (all their tires were wearing like cones)...stick to the setup sheet....1 deg. max is all you need. It's an old trick I learned in my race car days that you take temperature readings (infrared) of the tire from three positions: inside, middle, outside. Then you adjust the camber according to which edge is too hot......approx.1 deg. was perfect....
Enjoy
JK
Old 04-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #119
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: DUDES!

Quote:
Originally posted by jkestler
If I can quote an earlier post
"KYOSHO EVOLVA ALL THE TIME!"

Went to the track last night and WOW! I put of 37 tires just for practice and to make sure it was balanced. I started with the front swaybar in full hard so that I would push...I didn't want to loop it at full speed yet. I slowly tuned the swaybar back and wow a predictable four wheel drift. It was very stable and predictable...now I have to learn to deal with the speed of 1/8 scale!
The tranny shifts real smooth and downshifts nice and light so not to upset the chassis on corner entry. The stock gears are a bit tall though....I have all the optional gears (suitcase from tokyo) and I'll have to start playing with them.
Anyway, They chassis was very responsive to changes. I used Shimo's setup from late 2003 then I wanted a little more rear grip so I stiffened it with the Gold springs and softened the swaybar. (part #FMW22 is from the Fantom 2001 but IS the optional adjustable rear swaybar).
Don't go nuts with the neg. camber...guys at the track where all telling me I had to have 3 deg. or more of negative camber (all their tires were wearing like cones)...stick to the setup sheet....1 deg. max is all you need. It's an old trick I learned in my race car days that you take temperature readings (infrared) of the tire from three positions: inside, middle, outside. Then you adjust the camber according to which edge is too hot......approx.1 deg. was perfect....
Enjoy
JK
Great info. I have been think about getting a Evolva as well. What hop-ups would you suggest that I get from the outset? Thanks!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:56 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm glad to hear that the Evolva is working good for you. I'll be making the switch to the Kyosho soon.

Last edited by C Verano; 04-09-2004 at 07:26 AM.
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote