R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #961
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Nitrohead

I do the setup on Scott's car. We don't measure droop. We measure as Fraz points out:
"Droop or Up travel (what Empire team uses)==Car settled on flat board ready to race. Hold a metric ruler perpendicular to the flat board and slowly lift the chassis. Note the measurement from the settled ride height to the point where the tires lift off the board and this is your actual droop or up travel measurement." We measure 1.5 mm of up travel in the front. The rear measures 5mm of up travel (just to prevent shock damage). We run no stops - limiting the downward travel of the chasis - we allow the car to bottom out (which it never does)
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #962
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
I do the setup on Scott's car. We don't measure droop. We measure as Fraz points out:
"Droop or Up travel (what Empire team uses)==Car settled on flat board ready to race. Hold a metric ruler perpendicular to the flat board and slowly lift the chassis. Note the measurement from the settled ride height to the point where the tires lift off the board and this is your actual droop or up travel measurement." We measure 1.5 mm of up travel in the front. The rear measures 5mm of up travel (just to prevent shock damage). We run no stops - limiting the downward travel of the chasis - we allow the car to bottom out (which it never does)
Awesome!

Im going to try that after I put my ER front sway bar mounts on...
__________________
[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="2"]team kyosho / empire racing / speedmerchant / ko propo / novarossiusa.com / phat skeems paint works / 301 raceway [/SIZE][/FONT]
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #963
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHead
Awesome!

Im going to try that after I put my ER front sway bar mounts on...
Nitrohead (Steve Perez, Chris Verano - you too) Fill out a set-up sheet. I'll post it on our site. The more folks who send in the "sheets" the larger choice of set-ups we'll all have. I think every one can gain from our mutual experiences.

We are testing "new" rear suspension hinge pin mounting blocks. They allow an even larger range of adjustment. They seem promising.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #964
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Nitrohead (Steve Perez, Chris Verano - you too) Fill out a set-up sheet. I'll post it on our site. The more folks who send in the "sheets" the larger choice of set-ups we'll all have. I think every one can gain from our mutual experiences.

We are testing "new" rear suspension hinge pin mounting blocks. They allow an even larger range of adjustment. They seem promising.
Will do Rich...
__________________
[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="2"]team kyosho / empire racing / speedmerchant / ko propo / novarossiusa.com / phat skeems paint works / 301 raceway [/SIZE][/FONT]
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #965
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Additional set-ups posted

New set-ups and clutch info:

http://www.empirercracing.com/blog.html
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #966
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,845
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Sorry about the delay Rich...I'll get a set up sheet filled out soon.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Nitrohead (Steve Perez, Chris Verano - you too) Fill out a set-up sheet. I'll post it on our site. The more folks who send in the "sheets" the larger choice of set-ups we'll all have. I think every one can gain from our mutual experiences.

We are testing "new" rear suspension hinge pin mounting blocks. They allow an even larger range of adjustment. They seem promising.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #967
Tech Addict
 
fraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 653
Send a message via AIM to fraz
Default

Hi Rich, thanks for the update.

You meant +1.2 front toe instead of -1.2, right?

What exactly do you mean by ".5mm bearing insert" for the front scrub set?

It would also be really cool to see Scott's comments on the setups too. Something like, "Yeah I was fast but the car needed more/less of _____".
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #968
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

anyone know when the 2005 evolva coming out? Or is it out already? Thx.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:11 PM   #969
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Scott's comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
Hi Rich, thanks for the update.

You meant +1.2 front toe instead of -1.2, right?

What exactly do you mean by ".5mm bearing insert" for the front scrub set?

It would also be really cool to see Scott's comments on the setups too. Something like, "Yeah I was fast but the car needed more/less of _____".
The damn toe was 1.2 out - smile. Scrub set: instead of using the kit shims - I'm using the optional bearing shims. The bearings are moved out as opposed to using the kit shims to move the axle. I'll show you at the next race.
Scott was pleased with the car - during the main, he said "put the damn thing down - let me drive it...you can't fix it fast enough - I'm just gonna have to deal with it" His only comment besides "a little less wing please" It was fast until the driver side Universal broke (broke at the axle end)
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #970
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
The damn toe was 1.2 out - smile. Scrub set: instead of using the kit shims - I'm using the optional bearing shims. The bearings are moved out as opposed to using the kit shims to move the axle. I'll show you at the next race.
Scott was pleased with the car - during the main, he said "put the damn thing down - let me drive it...you can't fix it fast enough - I'm just gonna have to deal with it" His only comment besides "a little less wing please" It was fast until the driver side Universal broke (broke at the axle end)

lol! Rich, your awesome! I know Scott must be very happy to have you wrenching for him... Anyway, I wanted to know if you know where I could get Empire rear sway bars and mounts from.

Thanks
__________________
[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="2"]team kyosho / empire racing / speedmerchant / ko propo / novarossiusa.com / phat skeems paint works / 301 raceway [/SIZE][/FONT]
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 PM   #971
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 235
Smile Thank You

Rich,

I would like to Thank You and your team for sharing your setups with all of us!!
MBlackketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #972
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Rear Sway bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHead
lol! Rich, your awesome! I know Scott must be very happy to have you wrenching for him... Anyway, I wanted to know if you know where I could get Empire rear sway bars and mounts from.

Thanks
Our "master of creation" Rick Davis - hasn't released his rear sway bar assembly. The parts we (Empire) run come, for the most part, from the mind and talents of Rick. Rick does the concepting - design and prototyping. I have the "production" items made. Our team does the testing. I don't know if we will ever make the rear sway assembly - it would be way too pricey.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #973
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Hey Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Rich,

I would like to Thank You and your team for sharing your setups with all of us!!
We finally made (thanks Rick) and ran the suspension block you suggested - you were spot on - good call - way fast!
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #974
Tech Adept
 
Scott Kimbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHead
Quote:
lol! Rich, your awesome! I know Scott must be very happy to have you wrenching for him... Anyway, I wanted to know if you know where I could get Empire rear sway bars and mounts from.
Thanks
Nitrohead,
I am extremelly lucky to have Rich Browne and Rick Davis to develop and setup the car. They are invaluable and we would not be having the sucess es we are without all their hard work. I get the easy part..........THANKS Rich & Rick.
Scott Kimbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #975
Tech Elite
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,312
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Rich Browne is truly a master in his art. It shows on the track and in the pits that he is a perfectionist. And he also a good and helpful friend. I'l see you at the Rody race Browne.
__________________
http://nitrokb.netne.net/profiles/RogerSerafin.html
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Evolva M3 tomkelley Nitro On-Road 1002 05-19-2015 08:49 AM
Kyosho Evolva 007 lifeguy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 08-21-2008 08:40 PM
1/8th Kyosho Evolva 05 DJ Clu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 10-22-2007 01:17 PM
kyosho evolva speedjunkie R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-25-2007 04:52 PM
Kyosho 1/8 Evolva NIB Jspecrcr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-16-2004 07:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:06 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net