R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #676
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default

HAHAHAHA...
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:16 AM   #677
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,211
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
HAHAHAHA...
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:30 PM   #678
Tech Regular
 
Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hey socal guys, whats your setup at crystal park?
Also ,I burn threw front belts like nobody's business! What the hell am i doing wrong?
I 've already replaced the plastic gears a multiple of times and placed thin washers underneath the center block to tighten the belt but all attempts fail. HELP

thanks

Last edited by Perez; 11-18-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 PM   #679
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Perez
hey socal guys, whats your setup at crystal park?
Also ,I burn threw front belts like nobody's business! What the hell am i doing wrong?
I 've already replaced the plastic gears a multiple of times and placed thin washers underneath the center block to tighten the belt but all attempts fail. HELP

thanks

A friend of mine brings in Takagi belts from Japan...They are the best belts by far. After I switched to these belts, I never had the problem again. You can e-mail him here..

YIshik[email protected]

His name is Yasu and let him know Chris sent you.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #680
Tech Master
 
whynot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,481
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

hey guys bruckner hobbies has jaco 1/8 tires for the xp4 or mrx4 for the low price of 29.99 for a whole set front and rear.It is advertised in radio control car action magazine.
mike
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:03 AM   #681
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
A friend of mine brings in Takagi belts from Japan...They are the best belts by far. After I switched to these belts, I never had the problem again. You can e-mail him here..

[email protected]

His name is Yasu and let him know Chris sent you.
Ditto,

Those belts are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED....
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:57 PM   #682
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Bump

Gotta keep this one going...
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:12 AM   #683
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

We will have front belt tensioners ready by xmas. We have been running the prototype belt tensioners (6 months) with Bando kevlar belts. 9mm rear, 6mm side and 6.5mm fronts. We do not have belt issues. If you are interested in the front belt tensioner you can eMail me at [email protected] --
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:47 PM   #684
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Browne
We will have front belt tensioners ready by xmas. We have been running the prototype belt tensioners (6 months) with Bando kevlar belts. 9mm rear, 6mm side and 6.5mm fronts. We do not have belt issues. If you are interested in the front belt tensioner you can eMail me at [email protected] --
Any pictures ?
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #685
Tech Master
 
rcmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: plano,tx
Posts: 1,706
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default KO switch on an airtronics car

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
to lessen the problem, we do not use the on/off switch. just add thr servo extension cord to hook up the battery back with the receiver are the way we go. If you still wanted to have the on/off switch, i would suggest you to get the KO electric on/off switch. they are more reliable than the manual switch.
Can you use this KO switch on a airtronics reciever and servos configuration? Does pos and neg wires match up the same ?? Thanks....MICHAEL
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:51 PM   #686
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: KO switch on an airtronics car

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
Can you use this KO switch on a airtronics reciever and servos configuration? Does pos and neg wires match up the same ?? Thanks....MICHAEL

I think the KO and Airtronics use the same configuration.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:32 AM   #687
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Belt Tensioner

Chris,

This is the first prototype made. Changes have been made. The tensioner is adjustable. No modifications are required - instal, adjust and go. The tensioner style shown was run on three "A" main Evolva's at the 1/8th ROAR Nationals in Santa Clara, Ca. We have not stripped a -S3M-207 SP (front belt) while using the tensioner



As a note - this tensioner will not make a bad belt last. I have seen some truly inferior belts in the last 5 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belt tensioner.jpg (73.0 KB, 219 views)
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #688
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default Belt Tensioner

Evidently, we're having an eMail issues with our server. You can eMail me at [email protected] - just in case
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:29 AM   #689
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Belt Tensioner

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Browne
Chris,

This is the first prototype made. Changes have been made. The tensioner is adjustable. No modifications are required - instal, adjust and go. The tensioner style shown was run on three "A" main Evolva's at the 1/8th ROAR Nationals in Santa Clara, Ca. We have not stripped a -S3M-207 SP (front belt) while using the tensioner



As a note - this tensioner will not make a bad belt last. I have seen some truly inferior belts in the last 5 months.

Thanks for the picture Rich..The part looks really good. I look forward to trying one out.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:44 AM   #690
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Perez
hey socal guys, whats your setup at crystal park?
Also ,I burn threw front belts like nobody's business! What the hell am i doing wrong?
I 've already replaced the plastic gears a multiple of times and placed thin washers underneath the center block to tighten the belt but all attempts fail. HELP

thanks
What split do you run? Front to back?

when the split is not right, you can and will strip those belts like there is no tomorrow
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Evolva M3 tomkelley Nitro On-Road 1002 05-19-2015 08:49 AM
Kyosho Evolva 007 lifeguy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 08-21-2008 08:40 PM
1/8th Kyosho Evolva 05 DJ Clu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 10-22-2007 01:17 PM
kyosho evolva speedjunkie R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-25-2007 04:52 PM
Kyosho 1/8 Evolva NIB Jspecrcr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-16-2004 07:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:21 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net