You're on Page 31 of 116
Go to
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by jwf-ronni
    Hi Bill,

Yes he is..
    And he was at Rev last Saturday setting his Evolva for the
    O'Donnel Race.
    OH NO!!!!!!! Good luck to you too Ron. I got your shock tower, I'm going to try to make it to the track tomorrow for some run time hopefully.
  • ceramic bearing
    does the ceramic bearing improve the rev and performance of the engine ? I know they are very expensive particularly the big bearing to hold the crankshaft in place internally of the engine...anyone who has tried ?
  • Re: ceramic bearing
    Quote:
    Originally posted by speedy100
    does the ceramic bearing improve the rev and performance of the engine ? I know they are very expensive particularly the big bearing to hold the crankshaft in place internally of the engine...anyone who has tried ?
    I feel no diff for me .... but it suppose to be better performance. but I couldn't feel a difference.
  • Re: ceramic bearing
    Quote:
    Hi speedy100,

I actually found that it revs up quicker having the Ceramics
    in the motor. And because of that, it gave out a more responsive
    power output. I find it worth having them in the motor.

We did find out though, that there are "good ceramic balls" and
    the "not so good ones". I suggest knowing the source you are
    getting your bearings from. Because in as much as I was very
    satisfied with having them in the motor, I have seen some
    Ceramic Bearings where the balls broke down and therefore
    that was the end of that motor. And it only takes one of the balls
    to do a devastating thing like that.
  • Re: Re: ceramic bearing
    Quote:
    Hi speedy100,

I actually found that it revs up quicker having the Ceramics
    in the motor. And because of that, it gave out a more responsive
    power output. I find it worth having them in the motor.

We did find out though, that there are "good ceramic balls" and
    the "not so good ones". I suggest knowing the source you are
    getting your bearings from. Because in as much as I was very
    satisfied with having them in the motor, I have seen some
    Ceramic Bearings where the balls broke down and therefore
    that was the end of that motor. And it only takes one of the balls
    to do a devastating thing like that.
    Hi Ron,

many thanks for your comment. the only available source here is Squat from a japanese rc work shop. they do a lot ceramic bearing and the engine bearing but i do not know whether they are good or not. Where your source from to get the bearing ? the one i get from squat should be around $80 us, the one to hold the crank shaft inside the crankcase.

if my understanding is correct, the KMH EVO5 also comes with the ceramic bearing in the box.....thanks
  • Re: Re: Re: ceramic bearing
    Quote:
    Hi Ron,

many thanks for your comment. the only available source here is Squat from a japanese rc work shop. they do a lot ceramic bearing and the engine bearing but i do not know whether they are good or not. Where your source from to get the bearing ? the one i get from squat should be around $80 us, the one to hold the crank shaft inside the crankcase.

if my understanding is correct, the KMH EVO5 also comes with the ceramic bearing in the box.....thanks
    Hi Chris,

At first, we get the Ceramics from JP Racing.. We have never had
    a bad one from them...

Nowadays, we have a source from Colorado here in the
    U.S.... It's a guy who imports the Ceramic Balls. Then he goes
    thru a very tedious process of testing each one (with some kind
    of a tool) and hand picks each ball to segregate the quality of
    each one of them. From there he puts together a good Ceramic
    Bearing.

I guess, the main thing is to have some kind of relationship or
    experience with the source to ensure that it is trusted. Maybe
    referrals from good friends who have used that source before
    would be a good start. I would guess that if Squat does a lot of
    Ceramics over at your area and a number of your R/C buddies
    have used them with good results, then (with a good referral),
    I would get from them too. I would not feel comfortable just
    buying something like this online or from a walk-in store because
    as mentioned, it only takes one ball to end the life of a good and
    expensive motor.

Yes, I do believe the KHM Motors have ceramics fitted in them. Dont
    have info on their performance though. If someone has used them,
    please share your experience with us.
  • KHM performance
    I personally don't have a KHM, but one of my friends has one KHM Evo5. Its is so fast that amongst our A-Main guys even they all have the fastest engines available they feel that the KHM is even faster than their engines. However, the downside of that engine is that it gobbles fuel like crazy, so my friend said in the race the advantage of the speed of the KHM is badly handicapped because he need to pit in more frequently than others for fuel. He even changed the fuel nipple on the carb to 0.7mm (From the origianl 0.9mm) and fuel consumption just improve a little bit.

In addition, the KHM only have ceramic bearing on the big crankshaft bearing, not the small one, and the KHM ceramic bearing does not comes with full ceramic balls but a hybrid with 6 ceramic balls and 3 steel ones.
  • Re: KHM performance
    Quote:
    Originally posted by jasoncsc
    I personally don't have a KHM, but one of my friends has one KHM Evo5. Its is so fast that amongst our A-Main guys even they all have the fastest engines available they feel that the KHM is even faster than their engines. However, the downside of that engine is that it gobbles fuel like crazy, so my friend said in the race the advantage of the speed of the KHM is badly handicapped because he need to pit in more frequently than others for fuel. He even changed the fuel nipple on the carb to 0.7mm (From the origianl 0.9mm) and fuel consumption just improve a little bit.

In addition, the KHM only have ceramic bearing on the big crankshaft bearing, not the small one, and the KHM ceramic bearing does not comes with full ceramic balls but a hybrid with 6 ceramic balls and 3 steel ones.
    I saw one of my friend who had KHM and run in the A Main ..The engine is extremely fast but fuel consumption not that good.
  • Re: KHM performance
    Quote:
    Originally posted by jasoncsc
    He even changed the fuel nipple on the carb to 0.7mm (From the origianl 0.9mm) and fuel consumption just improve a little bit.

Quote:
    Originally posted by MrChan
    I saw one of my friend who had KHM and run in the A Main ..The engine is extremely fast but fuel consumption not that good.
    Hi Jason and Mr. Chan,

Thanks for the info.

I wonder how the internals of that motor looks like.
    I would guess that they modified the heck on those motors which
    is why they consume a lot of fuel, though fast.
  • Ralph Burch driving KYOSHO Evolva
    Just in case you guys have not heard :

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...4.htm&lp=el_en
  • Re: Ralph Burch driving KYOSHO Evolva
    Quote:
    Just in case you guys have not heard :

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...4.htm&lp=el_en
    great!! his a good driver ... hey Ron are gonna be at the track today? or tom
  • hey guys
    is there a gearing calculator for the evolva?
  • For those who don't know, Josh Cyrul has recently posted his setup from the Las Vegas race a couple months back on his website. Its in the setups/tips area. As we go to races there will be more setups on there so keep an eye out.

www.CEFX.net
  • this car is wonderfull!!!
    it was my first time out with this car and its was also my first big race at the O-donnel championship and luckily i got third in novice A main .. im not a great driver, but the car really gave an excellent performance... i was really surprised this car handled really well... maybe more practice will give a better result. I have to learn how to tame this fierce beast...
  • Re: this car is wonderfull!!!
    Quote:
    Originally posted by BIBOY
    it was my first time out with this car and its was also my first big race at the O-donnel championship and luckily i got third in novice A main .. im not a great driver, but the car really gave an excellent performance... i was really surprised this car handled really well... maybe more practice will give a better result. I have to learn how to tame this fierce beast...

Give it some time. You have to get used to the car. I'm sure you'll do better after a couple more races.