R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where is everyone buying the battery packs for the Evolva?
Old 04-22-2004, 11:49 AM   #167
Tech Regular

Very simple all you need are 5 AA (pencil batteries). You can buy them from any electronics shop.

Its important that you buy with the soldering tags already attached so that soldering together is much easier. I bought 1300 GP'S with soldering tags.

Bye

Gus
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #168
Tech Fanatic

Thanks B!!!

Quote:
Its important that you buy with the soldering tags already attached so that soldering together is much easier. I bought 1300 GP'S with soldering tags.
Pro Model, where did you buy them?
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #169
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Kestler, my car will soon be here and I will wrench until its built.
The manual is actually pretty intuitive just make sure you read all the clearance numbers (ie. Xmm) and such. They also grey out areas on part that need to be trimmed with a razor blade. These are parts held over from the f2001.
Download the .pdf setup files from the kyosho.jp website.....you may need the newest Acrobat Reader to translate the japanese into english.
I've had good luck with Shimo's 11/2003 setup as a starter.....if you notice, the "World's" setup sheets omit the spring they used...making it somewhat useless.

A question though. I'm a bit confused about which rear shock piston they used. The explaination on the setup sheet from the kit was only in Japanese. I'm not sure if they used the one hole (same as front) a no hole piston or the stock two hole. I tried the one hole (I bought extra fronts) in the rear with 500# oil and I think I'm a bit stiff. I did however order a second set of shocks so I can quickly try an alternate piston/oil combo....they're "in the mail"

Parts: I was lucky enough to be in Tokyo on business but I really liked Champ RC. I've been ordering what I break and don't have from Tower. They seem to have 80% of the parts. Just type in the Kyosho part number from the exploded view in Tower's search window...that's the only way to quickly find it.

Parts compatability...The Mugen thrust bearings are the same...and the Mugen mrx3 clutch looks the same as the Kyosho 4 disk...(the kit comes with the 3 disk) so the gear carrier may work....I need to confirm this though.
jkestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #170
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I am looking for some rear hubs front drivers and all 4 dogbones and whatever else I can get my hands on. thanks in advance.
Do you need this parts simply as spares or are you out of luck until you lay your hands on them?
I have spares of these parts but will only sell them to you if you are desperate.
I've been known to hit a haybale at 60mph so I may need them too.
JK
Old 04-22-2004, 05:25 PM   #171
Tech Fanatic

Great Kestler, it's good to hear the manual is up to speed.

And yes I heard most of the parts Kawahara makes for the Mugen, will fit on the Evolva as well... So I imagine you could use the four weight system from the Mugen on the Evolva!

That's great to hear because I have 4 Kawahara/Mugen clutch sets!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #172
Tech Regular

Hi Nitro Head.

I bought the GP cells from an electric component shop here in Malta (Europe). The outer cover is completely green... I will try and procure the part number.

I wanted to ask you guys if by any chance any of you have the setup sheet tips that come with the kit translated in English. Unfortunately the ones I have are in Japanese and seems that there is quite a lot of important info. Can any one help.....?

One last question.... on the setup sheets it gives you 2 readings for camber one next the symbol 0G and another one next to 1G...... what do these symbols mean?

Bye for now
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:58 PM   #173
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Pro Models!

I found a great Japanese to english translator at altavision.com
Old 04-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #174
Tech Initiate

Quote:
One last question.... on the setup sheets it gives you 2 readings for camber one next the symbol 0G and another one next to 1G...... what do these symbols mean?
Ooooh! fine question. I never noticed it. I feel your pain about the Japanese explainations of the setup sheet. I don't understand the "N" next to the shock piston. I had a japanese translator read that line for me and it only explained what piston came with the kit. Unfortunetaly these explainations are in print form only and not in text form or a web based translator would work.

Anybody read Japanese?

Or anybody know a Kyosho rep who can work on getting a translation on the web?
Old 04-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #175
Tech Apprentice

My Japanese friend told me "0G" and "1G" refer to the way to setup camber. "OG" means "Zero G", which means that you set the camber WITHOUT the tires touching the ground, while "1G" means you set the camber with the tires touching the ground. Actually on the back of the setup sheet that comes with the car explains this in brief.
jasoncsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #176
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Actually on the back of the setup sheet that comes with the car explains this in brief.
Did yours come in English?!? I would love to get a FAX of it if it did!
Old 04-23-2004, 06:29 PM   #177
Tech Regular

Does this mean that 0G is elevated camber?
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #178
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Jkestler

I havet driven the car yet I was just wanting to have some front drivers and dogbones andsome rear hubs for spares if you would be willing to sell 1 of each let me know. if not I totally would understand.I have been looking all around on the net for a place to get some parts but no luck. next weekend is my first club race of the year man this will be a long week.would you be able to send me your set up that you are using. thank you in advance
my email is [email protected] what motor are you running and what measurements are you running on the clutch.
mike
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:26 AM   #179
Tech Apprentice

jkestler: Yes mine comes in English, but even so it looks like alien language to me as I am new to the hobby......your's not? My Japanese friend is a Kyosho sponsored driver so he taught me the basics to setup the car. I wonder if I could attach an image here....I am new to this forum so I don't know much about the operation of this.....if so I would scan it and post here.

dougday: Yes 0G is elevated camber
jasoncsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:48 AM   #180
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I wonder if I could attach an image here
you should have no trouble posting an image if you can scan the English descriptions.

My motor, some people might think I'm crazy but I have the O.S. vz-r ver.II. I have not seen the Ver.II stateside yet. The first version was apparently a hand-grenade. However I got a tip from someone at the track that said that O.S. rebuilt his exploded one with the new parts and it was a rocket. So for $285 in Tokyo I figured I'd try it for that price and it seems to have a ton of power. as a matter of fact I'm trying to tune the clutch so that I'm not getting all the power at once out of the turns. I haven't gone head to head with the Italian motors yet. The bonus is that it doesn't run too hot when it's leaned out to the max.